Bowling Action

two things. Lazy back leg. Get the right hip over the left leg in your follow through. When you bowl well -- it's very close to being in line.

And you have a HUGE lean back as you bring your front hip forward. As they say -- WTF? It's like you're taking lessons from Steven Smith. If anything that lean back is TOO early -- if you want to employ it. If you're trying to uncoil that upper body then your co-ordination is ALL wrong. Early trunk rotation and it's all over. Plop.... short.

Either don't do it at all. Or do it slightly less and have it go a bit later.

two things. Lazy back leg. Get the right hip over the left leg in your follow through. When you bowl well -- it's very close to being in line.

And you have a HUGE lean back as you bring your front hip forward. As they say -- WTF? It's like you're taking lessons from Steven Smith. If anything that lean back is TOO early -- if you want to employ it. If you're trying to uncoil that upper body then your co-ordination is ALL wrong. Early trunk rotation and it's all over. Plop.... short.

Either don't do it at all. Or do it slightly less and have it go a bit later.

Dr. tran - thanks a lot for the reply. Can you please clarify a minor detail in your response so that I can see if I have understood your point right? -

The back lean that you mention,does it happen when I land my backfoot at the popping crease and is it starting with my head? i.e if I have understood it right, it happens just as I hit the bowling stride and if I stop my head from tilting backward (or atleast reduce it), I can perhaps reduce the weight from falling onto my back foot.

Dr. tran - thanks a lot for the reply. Can you please clarify a minor detail in your response so that I can see if I have understood your point right? -

The back lean that you mention,does it happen when I land my backfoot at the popping crease and is it starting with my head? i.e if I have understood it right, it happens just as I hit the bowling stride and if I stop my head from tilting backward (or atleast reduce it), I can perhaps reduce the weight from falling onto my back foot.

Exactimundo

Back