BPCA Season 2010/2011

BPCA Season 2010/2011

Season 2010/2011 in the Bellarine Peninsula Cricket Association is almost upon us. This thread is for rumours, tips and discussion on the Bellarine hard wicket competition.

Here's what I've heard so far:

- Mark Slater (St Josephs) has crossed to Barwon Heads. Jason Mallett taking over from Chris Welsford as capt-coach
- Lucas Cameron from Highton to coach Ocean Grove, Mark Gill also heading to the Grubbers with Rhys Zanoni rumoured and a couple of others from Leopold
- Rumours were suggesting that John Boljkovac from North Shore was contemplating joining Wallington
- I understand Eddie Ellwood is taking over the coaching reigns at Collendina, who will have a similar side to last season

If anyone else has heard anything, this is the thread to post it in...

Re: BPCA Season 2010/2011

i am only postin this as i am sic of payin the fines for the paper putting my name as mark it is MICK...

GO THE GRUBBERS

Re: BPCA Season 2010/2011

Mckgilla;408027 said:
i am only postin this as i am sic of payin the fines for the paper putting my name as mark it is MICK...

GO THE GRUBBERS

Shouldn't have to much trouble paying thoe fine$ Gilly, you're on plenty down at Grove ;)

Well the BPCA have once again shown what narrow minded fools they are, a rule has been passed at the AGM that it is open slather on the salary cap. What a joke, of courrse all the clubs that have ample to spare voted yes, but of course the league is run by which club,the one that benefits most from this new rule. Absolute disgrace and i hope it all blows up in your face. We all wan to win flags, but at what cost.

ok, so pay which players ?? What does this try and achieve ? A better standard comp, or a comp where average players can go and get paid to play ??

Or Does it remove the administrivia created when clubs are breaching Salary Caps? and nullify the old excuse everybody does it. Do clubs need to declare payments to players or is it as you say Open Slather?

I don't think there is any administration overhead from the associations for salary cap breaches, not sure when the last one was uncovered ? They need to use a points system to stop this happening in the future as the current system is so hard to police.

I may be wrong, but the administration is in the yearly auditing that the Association does. I would assume that part of the audit is making sure not only the numbers add up but they are realistic figures, therfor making it harder to breach the salary caps. Happy to be corrected.

Back