Brad Hogg

Can't believe how fit he is and how well he has bowled in the BigBash for a bloke that's almost 41.. I've lost count of the amount of times that a batsman has been beaten by the the wrong un.

Can't believe how fit he is and how well he has bowled in the BigBash for a bloke that's almost 41.. I've lost count of the amount of times that a batsman has been beaten by the the wrong un.

Soak it up mate, don't take it for granted, us Pomm's have to wait for little clips of him on Youtube!

Hogg has just made himself available for the aus 20/20 team and world cup. And IPL.

Hogg, warne and macgill have been nothing short of incredible in this big bash league. Hogg still has the best wrongun in world cricket and no-one picks it.

Macgill still spins the ball further than anyone in world cricket, from wrongun round to backspinner and everything in between.

And Warnie is bowling like the greatest bowler in history, post retirement, would. 3 times during his onfield commentary whilst bowling he has nominated how and which ball he would dismiss certain players and 3 times he has done it!

Ha ha! I was just talking to Joe and Ben about the IPL and was saying that Warnie probably wouldn't be in it this year and I then pondered Hogg and was going to say 'I wouldn't be surprised if Brad Hogg turned up though' but didn't as they probably wouldn't have a clue who I was on about. Not having seen any of the Big Bash, I've not heard how Warnie's been going - do you reckon he'll give it a go? It'd be brilliant if all of them were to show up!

Ha ha! I was just talking to Joe and Ben about the IPL and was saying that Warnie probably wouldn't be in it this year and I then pondered Hogg and was going to say 'I wouldn't be surprised if Brad Hogg turned up though' but didn't as they probably wouldn't have a clue who I was on about. Not having seen any of the Big Bash, I've not heard how Warnie's been going - do you reckon he'll give it a go? It'd be brilliant if all of them were to show up!

I am not sure if Warne is playing in ipl this year? but Hogg wants to and I think Macgill has put himself up for the ipl draft as well if he feels good enough after the bigbash.

"Dads Army" they called Hoggy, Warnie and Macgilla when they announced their comebacks but now everyone agrees they have been the standout bowlers of the BBL.

I mean early 40,s is not old for a leggie. Like a golfer it's in the swing. Grimmett was at his peak and bowling in long test matches in his mid 40,s and at 50 was leading the first class bowling averages in Australia!

Hoggy might find the Indians and Sri Lankans in the next few weeks harder to bamboozle with that wrongun but what a comeback. If he goes good in the internationals he will be an even bigger legend than what he already is.

The other good thing is that he's still really fit and not a liability in the field which is obviously very important in the shortest format.

Yeah the southern stars lost new zealand today. With the match to start in about 90 min and the weather looking good at ANZ stadium we might be in for a good game of cricket as India as brought in alot of young exciting players for this match.

Back