Brad Hogg

Hoggy had a fantastic return to the international stuff. A wicket with his 4th ball and only one boundary in his 4 overs. Indians found his wrongun hard to pick from hand i'm sure.

That Bulli soil they used on the ANZ stadium always spins for a good wristie, even with thick grass on it. Hoggs been bowling a touch faster than warne and mcgill in the BBL especially his wrongun.

He said on the radio a couple of weeks back how in this comeback his tactic has been to bowl lots of wronguns and spin them harder than his offbreak.

I dunno why he would telegraph such information other than he was on air as a commentator and had to find something to say. I suppose he has always done something similar but last night he cut back a bit on the wronguns as compared to the BBL.

Haha even though we lost the second T20 against India, it was still good to see George (Hogg) back in Aussie colours.
The only down side to having such great leggies in Warne, Macgill and Hogg was that they are only 2-3years apart in age. If there was a 5-6year gap between them, then there would've been a good 20year period of leg spin in Australia. We've really only go part time leg spinners now (Steve Smith, David Warner)

Man what a bloke Hogg is - the bloke is amazing! I'm not a big fan of the IPL, but the spin bowlers keep me coming back and Hogg is just incredible and not only that the bloke is funny and doesn't seem to take himself to seriously and just looks like he's loving every minute of it. I've just seen Gautum Gambir just put down a dolly off of Hoggies bowling and Hoggy just laughs, but a few balls later he get his man. The bloke is a legend! They need to compile a Hoggy compilation of wickets like they used to with Warnie.

Back