Breeno's Blog

Re: Breeno's Blog

breeno;330515 said:
Well today in the 4ths we lost, they chased down our 216 with 4 wickets left, after we had them 2/100.

I bowled 16 overs all up, getting 4/51. Wasn't a bad return, I got the match ball and it takes my season tally to 27 wickets. I really think I should be playing a higher grade than 4ths.

Next week is a final against the 8th placed team, heres hoping we win it.
even if you do say so yourself, lol, one more year of 4ths for you, if you played 3rds or seconds you probably wont be getting max overs and you may not open the bowling, 4ths will be good for your confidince and you"ll get a good go with the bat as well so i dont think playing 4ths for another year will do you any harm, it may even be benificial long term. and you"ll also get to play with me, the best fieldsman the world has ever seen. lol

Update.

We made the grand final, on a horribly wet day. We got sent in to bat, and were 6/33 when I came in and me and the number 9 put on 85 runs, I made 30 off about 40 overs he made 41. I was the last wicket out, we made 138.

Then we bowled for 7 overs, I bowled 4 of them and got their two 1sts batsmen out (one averages 113 in our grade), their best batsman (a 1sts bat), I got for a golden duck. At the end of Day 1 they were 2/14 I had 2/9.

Then in the next day we looked like losing, but a run out changed things and they collapsed to be all out for 119. I got their number 6 out aswell, and finished with 3/29 off 14.3 overs. The Man of the match got 5/17.

It was great to win the granny, although i felt sorry for the other team who's town burnt down in the bushfires.

breeno your just too good mate runs and wickets in my opinion man of the match very unlucky to miss out go the kookies!!!!:)

Wow congrats breeno. I wish I knew how winning the granny felt, we lost last year to a team we had already beaten on like a 40 degree day.

Super effort with a bat and ball, top stuff.

Good stuff Breeno.

Never won a cricket granny but won one in footy and I was on top of the bloody world.

But it felt good eh?

Yeah it's first seniors one, I won one in juniors last year. Seniors Grannies are soo much better. It was awesome.

Alright so all up.

I had a bad year with the bat, only 155 runs for the season.

But I took 32 wickets with the ball, so I had an extra good season on that front. Onto the pre season now!

breeno;272313 said:
Well this is my first blog, so it will probably be a bit scratchy.
Well here goes.

Seniors
In "F" Grade, which is our clubs 4ths, we played the highly unfavoured Druids in a 40/40 one day game. We lost the toss and decided to bat. We threw a new guy in to open along with one of my fellow juniors, and we looked very solid to start with. This all went wrong when we 3/44 when I came in at no.5

It was the Captain and I in, and I played solidly, grinding it out, and scoring singles off the pace bowlers on a very bouncy pitch. The over before drinks the spinner came on and I hit two fours to take my total to 11 at drinks, and doing my job well, just holding up the wickets.

2 overs later I was caught off a decent cut shot without registering a further score, and we were 4/97. Wickets fell but we felt we made a decent score, all out for 156 as the team we were playing was bowled out the week before for 50 odd.

We came out to bowl, and our openers bowled well having them 4/30 ish. I came on second change and bowled a wide first ball, then took a wicket the next ball with the batsman looking to target me being a Right arm Medium Fast. Next ball was a beauty, shaping away nicely and the ball after that yielded my second wicket and me with a freak caught and bowled catch, diving a few metres to my left at full stretch. I then took another wicket in the following overs and we had them at 7/70.

They slumped to 8/90, with 20 overs left but two kids put on a great partnership dispatching us to all ends of the ground. They needed 9 runs off the second last over, which I was selected to bowl. 2 fours and a 2, quickly put an end to my hope of being the matchwinner, and we didnt know what to say when we were beaten by 10 runs. I finished the macth with 3/33, with two dropped catches and a few other missed opportunities.

Juniors

With our team winning the last 3 premierships, we were away favourites against Keon Park. We quickly slumped, with a good left arm bowler taking 2 wickets and with 3 of our top 4 batsmen having their wickets fall for less than 15. Then our number 5 and 4 batsmen(4 being probably our most solid) batting magnificently, they had us at 3/80 ish in a 24/24 one day format. We finished up with 105 runs on the board and me not being required to bat.

We felt we could defend our total, but with 8 fielders, we had them at 2/30 off the first 8 overs. We then had them at 5/80ish, with about 12 overs left when I was brought on to bowl...and bowl I did. I probably put my best two bowling performances ever back to back. The batsmen had no clue, and we grabbed another two fielders from our 15s playing across the ground and we looked back in the match. So Keon Park are 6/104, with my over coming up and me being on 1/4ish off 4. I bowled well, and second ball there was a misfield which led to four runs and match over. I bowled out the rest of my over and took another wicket, ending the day with 2/10ish.

Summary

Batting

11 runs at no.5

Bowling

3/33 off 6 or 7 overs.

2/10ish off 4.4 overs.

Bowled really well, but we happened to lose both matches on my over. Overall a bad weekend for my teams.
Not bad for the highly unfavoured Druids F grade Premiers and Riverscum G grade premiers you must be a G Grade gun

breeno;273035 said:
we played bundoora park today and we were warm favourites.

Well we batted today and bowl next week. We started off shaky with the trigger finger umpire giving one of our most solid batsmen out lbw for 3.

Then our number 3 put on a good partnership with the other opener, who reached 37 before he chopped it on to his stumps. Our number 4 fell quickly for 5.

We were 3/140 at tea.

We soon lost quick wickets and were on 8/240 before our number 10 and our number 3 put on a 99 run partnership with our number 10 falling for 26.

I was next in and hit a four pretty soon and was looking good. I was surprised how solid i was on a low flat track against some quality bowling. I hit 3 fours to power my way to 15 not out.

Alright so its the last over and i'm on 15 with our number 3 on 199, with me on strike. First ball i missed. Second ball i creamed a cover drive to the fielder at deep cover with the wicket keeper yelling "let it go for four so he doesn't get 200".

The fielder said how about no and threw the ball back with great sportsmanship. The number 3 then hit 3 4s and made the club record of 213*. The match was over with me being on 16* and the number three being on 213*.

We finished the day with 380ish runs and are looking pretty good to defend that.

Cheers, ill keep you posted about juniors tomorrow.
oh nooooooo!!!

breeno;273035 said:
We played Bundoora Park today and we were warm favourites.

Well we batted today and bowl next week. We started off shaky with the trigger finger umpire giving one of our most solid batsmen out LBW for 3.

Then our number 3 put on a good partnership with the other opener, who reached 37 before he chopped it on to his stumps. Our number 4 fell quickly for 5.

We were 3/140 at tea.

we soon lost quick wickets and were on 8/240 before our number 10 and our number 3 put on a 99 run partnership with our number 10 falling for 26.

I was next in and hit a four pretty soon and was looking good. I was surprised how solid I was on a low flat track against some quality bowling. I hit 3 fours to power my way to 15 not out.

Alright so its the last over and I'm on 15 with our number 3 on 199, with me on strike. First ball I missed. Second ball I creamed a cover drive to the fielder at deep cover with the wicket keeper yelling "Let it go for four so he doesn't get 200".

The Fielder said how about no and threw the ball back with great sportsmanship. The number 3 then hit 3 4s and made the club record of 213*. The match was over with me being on 16* and the number three being on 213*.

We finished the day with 380ish runs and are looking pretty good to defend that.

Cheers, Ill keep you posted about Juniors tomorrow.
we did have a good number 4 batsman that day ;)

Who are all the people posting in here and who do you all play for?

breeno;339757 said:
DY 13=Young man-Rivergum, DOP=My uncle, played two matches for Rivergum.

D Young very good cricketer will be promising.. i heard he was goin down to northcote has been ask by a coach there he's very good player and has admitted that u to breeno are good..

third man;340377 said:
D Young very good cricketer will be promising.. i heard he was goin down to northcote has been ask by a coach there he's very good player and has admitted that u to breeno are good..

Freakish more like it.

Back