VFNaturally

Chris Lewis the Drug Smuggler :0

Cricinfo - Chris Lewis faces drug smuggling charge

Oh dear, I used to quite like him too

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chris Lewis faces drug smuggling charge

Cricinfo staff

December 9, 2008

Chris Lewis, the former England allrounder, has been arrested and charged with attempted drug smuggling. His arrest follows the seizure of 4kg of cocaine, worth about £200,000, at Gatwick Airport.

Lewis had arrived on a flight from St Lucia which landed at 6am when, according to the UK Border Agency, the Class A drug was found inside fruit tins in luggage. Lewis, 40, is due to appear before Crawley Magistrates' Court later later today.

He played 32 Tests and 53 one-day internationals in the 1990s, and for Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire and Surrey in a varied county career.

Last season he made an unexpected return to the professional game when he signed a one-day contract with Surrey, with the idea of playing in the Twenty20 Cup.

When the team was struck down by an early-season injury crisis, Lewis was called up to play a Friends Provident Trophy match against Middlesex, but his six overs disappeared for 51 runs. In the end he made just one Twenty20 appearance, against Essex at The Oval, bowling two overs for 29.

Re: Chris Lewis the Drug Smuggler :0

Do you reckon he could get away with "Personal use only Judge..."?

Just do a Schapelle " It's my bag but not my drugs" It worked well for her!

schwab2clarkson;295089 said:
Sure and you would know.... :rolleyes:

Ohh, someone managed to perfectly put a massive bag of weed into my bag and I didn't notice :rolleyes: It's about as good as excuse as the old my dog ate my homework or I crashed the work van into a pole as I had to swerve to miss a cat :D

Back