City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10

Mick, every club has passionate people that look silly from time to time. SW combusts more often than not, which in my opinion creates opportunities forthe opposition who are preapred to exploit it. It's all part of the game.

Having said that, he's not Robinson Crusoe... I've seen leaders at HW make your club look foolish at times too... and I'm sure there are those out there who think the same about some people at ANA.

Couldn't agree more with you Sugar. I have no doubt there are people with similar opinions of myself - the anonymous Quilton comes to mind. I put my head out there to be chopped off with my opinions.
We all have our moments, but too often SW has been the instigator and not only this, he continues to carry on. It's quite pathetic given he has a bunch of young kids looking up to him as their leader. Clearly from Clint's post they believe they've got the potential in their ranks at MW to head back to Longmuir, but their choice of club leader needs to be sorely questioned. I know for a fact of some these kids share my opinion of him. Pretty sad indictment on a club that's striving to fight their way back into the top flight with a young group and an unfair reflection on the club as a whole.

Uncle Mick;366114 said:
It's clear you have a high attention span, Clint. Might be best to get your facts right with respect to my opinion. It was simply that. My opinion. And one that it is based on my experience of playing against them and watching them in a couple of finals. There's been no direct bashing of Moorabbin West as a group and certainly no slandering of individuals (other than the obvious). I have great respect for the older heads down there (minus the captain - whom is still respected for his ability, but carries himself quite poorly as a leader of a cricket club to the point it's embarrassing for your club) and quite enjoyed the kids who gave me a fair old heckling for my input onto this forum when we met last year. They seem to play the game in the right spirit and know how to give a bit without crossing the line.
I've spoken highly of Aydin in the past of whom I think has the potential to be one of the premier bowlers in this Association under the right guidance. I still maintain that I'm yet to see anything from the kids with respect to their batting stocks. You've clearly indicated there have been some performances that contradict my opinion and I'm happy to accept that. Most sides will see each other once a year and from what I've seen and heard from speaking to other clubs there hasn't been much said about the kids other than Aydin's bowling.

At the end of the day it's not about convincing me about your kids. If your happy with how they're tracking then I would think that is the most important statistic of all.

but you see, you still didnt answer my question. you were on here saying mwcc had no potential kids coming through, and i pointed out some performances from within the last 2-3 years that definatly showed that they have potential. i didnt say they all had fantastic seasons last year because you would be hard pressed to find any side anywhere, with 5 under 23 year olds having cracking seasons every season. name some of your kids that had better seasons that the ones i named last season? with the bat and ball. instead of just defending yourself, get on the front foot and show us highett west isnt just hanging around for the sake of it, and that they might be a threat in the next 43 years.

if you think we are happy with it you are far from the truth. there is plenty of improvement there but the key word you used was POTENTIAL. and you failed to show any from highett west.. ill give you another chance..

howabout you post up some of highett wests key young kids with potential to play the top grade as i asked before. or isnt there any?

also, how are you qualified to slag the captain of any club? what exactly gives you the impression he is not the best captain in the past 20 years down at mwcc?
back to back grand final appearances with mainly kids in the side, and only 3 players over 30 years old, coming from relegation, losing 4 or 5 top quality players, and finishing 7th or 8th the year before he took over?

look forward to hearing your response, but hope you dont duck and weave the hard questions this time. tell us about highett wests potential please, before you slag other clubs potential.

i might have a break from this i reckon. let the bat do the talking i reckon, instead of being a keyboard warrior like someone i know...
Clint

just saw your post and there is noone in the first 2 sides that has any problem with the captain of choice. if there is, come out and name them.

A couple of them called him "a gun, but a dickhead the way he carries on" to me when I saw them out. I'm not going to name them and embarrass the kids. This isn't about them.

You can attack HW all you like, Clint. This isn't about us. We're comfortable with how we're tracking. I simply made a call on your club as I see it. Once again your attention to detail is lacking. My experience tells me I'm yet to see anything from the batting stocks that impresses me enough to consider them a player to plan around when we play MW. I'm not stating there is no potential amongst your ranks, just that I'm yet to see it.

And a keyboard warrior is a very rich call indeed from an anonymous poster. Everyone knows who I am. I've made it clear from the beginning. These are my opinions and I'll be happy to tell you the same in person.

Clint;366137 said:
just saw your post and there is noone in the first 2 sides that has any problem with the captain of choice. if there is, come out and name them.

Clint I can tell you of three people who do have a problem with him per se and his behaviour, however I have no intention of naming them as it serves no purpose other than to cause issues within your club.Your kids are developing and they will get there, but like anything it takes time,a little maturity and some astute leadership.With regards to SW, I have a lot of respect for his ability and his passion, but let me tell you he crosses the line more than most, and one day his bluff will be called and it will get very ugly for all concerned. I have seen him first hand along with his vitriol, threats of violence and laughable attempts at his stand over tactics.He has received a lot of preferential treatment from many within the CMCA including certain umpires and their officialdom who have gone out of their way to protect him, and all this has done is to encourage his poor behaviour.

CLOCKER;366001 said:
Mick,
How does this sound for Round 1. It can't be that hard to post Round 1 fixtures at the very least!

And fair dinkum, is there any danger we could see a fixture? There are 11 days to go til the season starts. It was announced last week that the fixture was now ready and would be available for all to see "in the next few days". The weekend has well and truly gone. Surely it's about time?

THIS IS NOT A CMCA APPROVED DRAW JUST A FIGMENT OF A SRIBES IMAGINATION
WOOLNOUGH SHIELD DRAW ROUND 1 2009 - 2010

Round 1 Oct-03 Venue
Moorabbin West v Edithvale-Aspendale Widdop Reserve*
Brighton Union v Omega Bricker Reserve*
Hampton Central v Hampton United Simpson Reserve*
ESBC v Bentleigh ANA King George Reserve*
Cluden v Highett West Cluden*
Brighton District v Bentleigh Uniting Dendy Park*

UM and Clockman,
I have it from a reliable source, that our fearless Barack has been locked in crisis meetings with Cricket Vic last week.
Not sure of the subject or subjects, but you can bet that it has something to do with the state of the grounds and the number of teams which have been entered.
The recent addition of teams from our friends in the '' sinking Federal league '' has added to the dilemma.
There are problems which need to be sorted asap, i'm sure Barack is trying his hardest so we'll have to be patient.
Trying to find anything on the web site or an update of sorts in near impossile.
I like the draw as mentioned above, but wouldn't want to be in your shoes UM having to go to '' Dog Park Heaven'' for the first game.
The ground is ordinary to say the least, you will also have to undertake a landmine inspection before anyone steps on the ground.
Ahh '' love the smell of burning poop in the mornings ''.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Interesting. I heard there were 2 new Parkdale teams in the comp. Any idea what grades they'll start in?
And what's this of '' Dog Park Heaven''? Surely the folk of Brighton clean up after their pets...?

Interesting read.

Alot of people seem to be having views on other clubs that don't really concern them, these people claim to be in the know and speculate they have inside information but when hard pressed prefer not to drop names ummm coincidence perhaps.
What people need to realise that each club internally has the best knowledge to make the decision on said club not a outsider, also more often then not if certain young players are disgruntled with a certain person you will find they keep it to themselves instead of speaking to the right people so the issue can be resolved.
UM you have always been one for a opinion whether it has nothing to do with you or not, i am not trying to make this into a UM bashing just saying you perhaps need to word your words more appropriately & i think bringing HW kids into your argument with Clint was not the write way to go.
Conversely Clint you should also refrain from putting your young talented kids into the spot light on this forum, there is no benefit for them in you doing so you are adding pressure and opening them up to be ridiculed.

I understand that both UM & Clint are passionate people when it comes to Cricket & there clubs but stick to what you know and don't let other people run the agenda's on your respective club's i hope everyone has a good season.

Go Saints.:D

Wise words from someone ironically not involved in our competition.

Moving on, to add to the ground availability problem, it has now been brought to the attention of the CMCA that Chisholm Reserve is all of a sudden unavailable for the first two rounds, meaning ESBC is likely to play ANA, aswell as unfurl their flag at Sandringham Secondary College.

Sugar;366186 said:

Moving on, to add to the ground availability problem, it has now been brought to the attention of the CMCA that Chisholm Reserve is all of a sudden unavailable for the first two rounds, meaning ESBC is likely to play ANA, aswell as unfurl their flag at Sandringham Secondary College.

Unbelievable....These councils have a lot to answer for.Happy to take the rates and keep allowing more and more developments but don't give a stuff about sport.Perhaps the first round can be played at various indoor stadiums.
Five runs for a wicket???

Sugar;366186 said:

Thanks Sugar, but i am still involved in the CMCA be it on a small capacity mate though not as a player. You may need to do some homework next time pal. :D

We must be getting close to the season not that we would know without a fixture.

Uncle Mick my friend, well I know you and you know me, but don't really know who I am, even though we have been opponents on many occassions but it is really irrelevant, who is who as you stand by what you say and are starting to rival Clocker in your impressive array of stats.

These Johnny come latelys along with our other outside expert either don't know or don't care that the forum was closed down when things got a bit personal.

Keep up your good work as you have carried the forum through the long cold winter months in preparation for that one day in October where those left arm slingers will have the ball talking instead of the forum.

Archie,

I heard a similiar yarn about Barrack from a woman on a Collins st tram wearing a St.Kilda scarf but yet again isn't every second woman wearing a St.Kilda scarf this week!How did your daughter go in the tennis finals?

Also how long our you letting these forumsters wait with baiting breath about the melways and mobile phone story

Clocker

Congratulations on the raising of the typing finger for your admission to the ton up club.Also what is the source of your huge array of stats?

Not really sure that a Longy game should be played on Sandy Sec College but as they make the rules down that way no doubt that's where it will end up.

Adam,

The voice of reason and with a bright young grand child Merl has been able to again log on to fountain of all CMCA knowledge the ANA Guestbook.Have you any news on the President and Secretarys night?

Also manage to check out the ANA newsletter with a couple of nice young fillies including your lovely wife where the thought crossed my mind to those cricket ads and blokes batting above their average!!

Juggy

Merl does get a bit of Alzheimers as he moves into the middle 60's and I did try to get some info from either the oasis or dessert websites but same as the CMCA website no cigar.Thanks for your yet again confirmation and I will have to sack my usuaslly reliable impeccable source,

Capt angry the hot headed one just doesn't know when to stop arguing and if a few of the aqua blues had any bouncing things he would have had a few holidays on a regular basis.I am sure you will be able to control him providing you can get a game ahead of all those potentially young kids.

Now that we have the site up and firing let's get into big news breaking start to the season watching our P's & Q's where we don't let either ourselves or the forum down.

Might go for a glass or two of my finest Merlot tonight giving Archie's horlicks a miss

Until next time...................vino sipping poster..................Merlot

How do you guys sleep at night with Steve Worker all ways on your mind I sure as hell couldn't all credit to you all. He must feel like a rock star with the last three pages dedicated to him.

Lazza;366245 said:
How do you guys sleep at night with Steve Worker all ways on your mind I sure as hell couldn't all credit to you all. He must feel like a rock star with the last three pages dedicated to him.

Lazza, he may well believe he is a rock star based on how he has been portrayed on the MWCC website for the past few years.Unfortunately it is a case of delusions of granduer from all parties concerned. Whilst I believe that MW will play a major part in the finals, the rockstar running around carrying on like a recalcitrant child does your club, any new recruits and the next generation of players a lot of harm.For the record MW have been runners up for the past two seasons, and were hardly pressed last season until they came across the extremely well drilled and disciplined Kingston Heath. They say immitation is the best form of flattery, well have a good look at how the men in Red conducted themselves last season;their professionalism and discipline and not surprisingly they walked away with the premiership (even when the Executive added a reserve day which they took in their stride) something MW has failed to achieve.If I recall many years ago,MW hold the ignominy of being dismissed for 27 against a rampaging juggernaut, including losing 10/13.That performance and the subsequent efforts tell you something about the lack of discipline and inability to fight back when the chips are down in the matches that count. It's all good to have a rock star leader, but pointless if your team mates are not pulling in the same direction.I will leave to you and the Iron Maiden gang to prove me wrong.:D

Lazza;366245 said:

theres no room left in my mind for SW, it's at capacity thinking about how much of a wonderfully great and intelligent bloke this left arm overly opinionated ****wit is

time to drift off the woolnuff thread and have some official news about the sky blues who are in top grade. there is only one recruit (JGG) and it was always on the cards that he would leave the hoops after ivan was made skipper so definately not a case of throwing the chequebook around and there is also one retirement, A.Reid, so a few batsmen should sleep easier on friday nights

remember i love your bum, lol particularly yours UM ;-)

happy scrunching

Quilton;366294 said:
theres no room left in my mind for SW, it's at capacity thinking about how much of a wonderfully great and intelligent bloke this left arm overly opinionated ****wit is

time to drift off the woolnuff thread and have some official news about the sky blues who are in top grade. there is only one recruit (JGG) and it was always on the cards that he would leave the hoops after ivan was made skipper so definately not a case of throwing the chequebook around and there is also one retirement, A.Reid, so a few batsmen should sleep easier on friday nights

remember i love your bum, lol particularly yours UM ;-)

happy scrunching

Hmmm, how many quicks are left in Longy that will make batsmen uncomfotable and hurry up their shots? Not many compared to a few years ago I dare say.Another year where the bat will dominate the ball....:eek:

6 days out from the season and still no fixtures for all grades except Longmuir. Whats the go does anyone know? Will there be games starting next week? Anyone got a slight idea of proposed matches for Woolnough?

Evening All,

A week out and the BCF is as quiet as the CMCA fixture coordinator.

Congratulations to the Cats on a great Grand Final victory and commisserations to the Saints who were magnificent in defeat and can hold their heads high in the way they have conducted themselves before during and after the game.I did manage to sneak into a very crowded Long room for a couple of frothies to escape Melbourne's bitter weather.I can only dream that the Go Dees with Watts,Scully,Trengrove etc will one day again grace their ancestrial home on that one day in September just like they regularly did in the 50's.

Could be a bit of rain next weekend so we may not need a draw.

I see Jimmy has reloaded the camera and produced the Missen Statement on the still Michael J Fox website.But where has he been on the BCF or has he got a new identity or has the mega star just been too busy to contribute.So many questions very few answers.

Time for all the Hibernation Bears to exit the caves and give us something to set up the season with.

How about the Burger Bourbon odds and confirm the rumours you are returning to the two day game rather than the one day Sunday frolic.

Fiscal how is the dog and will you be sending down the pies again this season?

To the CMCA executive members who read this forum any chance of fixing up the Michael J Fox website which displays the update as a future date.Maybe the new coach and Telstra man from Wallet Park can provide more assistance in this area.

Adam could you give us all some feedback from the Monday Capts & Umpires night and also the Weds delegates meeting when hopefully some information will be conveyed to the masses.We maybe need to get on the boat over to Williamstown and see what Condelezza knows, as Hiliary certainly hasn't produced the goods.Maybe it is time for some of the newby congress to flex their muscles and get Barrack to marshall the troops into action.

I look forward to a boundary line chat with my good friend Archie as that one day in October finally comes around once again the only problem is we don't know what ground we will be attending!!

until next time......................vino sipping poster........ Merlot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back