CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

Do tell Sugar.... You guys always seem to be pretty active in the off-season. Got some good kids coming through, but the test is in your more senior players. Mikkelson is the only one that has consistenly got the job done in the top grade. Needs a few mates to help bring the kids along if you're going to threaten the boys at gold cap park. Big signings like a Malinga slinger will certainly help the cause.

Has anyone started back yet? The mighty Kookas have their first hit out this week.

What a big week in footy & cricket,

Burger Bourbon will be back in town now that the hapless hawks have returned to the winning list dispatching the cold pies.Are the rockers doing the same!

Actually caught up with Archie at the new lush Murrumbeena which would rival the oasis for smoothness and comfort under foot.Blairy where were you,I was fully prepared to reveal myself to you in the flesh but no cigar.There can only be so many people who can be me.What are your thoughts.

The junior Golden Greek has been signed sealed and to be delivered at an oval a little further south of the home of cricket, was the big mail on the Murrumbeena boundary line as Arch and I enjoyed a convivial one.He will join the coffee pot one, whose official role is being finalised.

While we don't know the date,location,time etc of the CMCA AGM let Merl give the exclusive of 3 new members to join Congress and 3 to be shown the door so to speak.Not sure if it is voluntery or the old push in the back.

A lady with Roy Orbiston connections ( ie the Big O ), a gentleman from the drinking capital of Brighton,and a golden oldie from the Golf Club.It was a big day with that recalcitrant Archie leading me astray once again!

Out one of the Big O's who is a shadow of his forner self,one with more clubs than Greg Norman, and again the 3rd one escapes me.Maybe it could be Barrack to be shuffled out of the Oval office into retirement at Camp David.

Uncle Mick bearing in mind your previous warnings Merl has done a bit of verification work on this Brian Taylor like bombshell,and will certainly not end up with any Bottsgate egg on the rough Merlot facial features!

As always until next time..................... Merlot

Further to my last post,

A woman on the tram who just happened to recognise me today, advised that the 3rd exitor is the councillor who has far more pressing civic duties than propping up the ailing Congress.

Time for a Horlicks Arch, Mas mob has rolled us despite a reasonable chase but there is no such thing as an honourable loss.A loss is a loss unfortunately.

Until next time the forum sparks into life........................ Merlot

Have to congratulate Hampton United with their website and newsletters. New coaching appointment (Paul Dixon) indoor training so it looks promising.Hopefully they can attract a few new players to invigorate their club.Kingston Heath has also had a very useful website and it looks as though they put in a fair bit of work.Not surprisingly Leon reappointed as coach.It will be interesting to see how some of the older players handle the pressure of fielding in the late overs.Could get ugly in a few matches.

Any idea when we'll see a fixture released? What was the result of the proposed change of 1-day fixtured games?

Uncle Mick;357473 said:
Any idea when we'll see a fixture released? What was the result of the proposed change of 1-day fixtured games?

Good to see nothing has changed for the upcoming season.Information from the Association:NIL.The reactive and secretive policies of the executive will continue.Other associations are looking forward to upcoming season and not afraid to tell all members and supporters their plans for the season.

CLOCKER;357582 said:
Good to see nothing has changed for the upcoming season.Information from the Association:NIL.The reactive and secretive policies of the executive will continue.Other associations are looking forward to upcoming season and not afraid to tell all members and supporters their plans for the season.

It's not all doom and gloom, Clocker. I did some investigating yesterday and the fixtures are pretty much done. The Association is just waiting on the councils for ground allocation before releasing them.

Fair response Mick.

I know in regards to Glen Eira, all clubs were given until Friday last week to put in their ground submissions. Not all clubs have been punctual in getting their responses back in time either, as per usual. As a result the CMCA's hands are virtually tied until the councils are able to get back to them on what the clubs have nominated.

Sometimes we need to look in our own back yards before shooting from the hip.

Uncle Mick;357583 said:
It's not all doom and gloom, Clocker. I did some investigating yesterday and the fixtures are pretty much done. The Association is just waiting on the councils for ground allocation before releasing them.

Understand the issues about the grounds,council and the draw.No gripes at all about that. My point is that 4 months has passed and not one update on the CMCA website to advise who is doing what, what issues are being looked at, or just general information or even a link for god forbid constructive suggestions. A number of the executive read this site and are quick to lodge complaints when they feel they have been besmearched.After last seasons debacles I would have thought all would be on the front foot.

Your point is well made clocker, however the fixture may have taken a little longer than usual as my sources tell me that victory park no1 and centenary park are out of commision till after xmas due to resurfacing.

Good to see the forum alive and plenty of comments thrown around.

Councils are too protective and Uncle Mick you won't like the comparison to the old days but they were in far worse condition and we didn't have all this legality and liability over issues we have today.

Could someone tell Barrack and his cohorts that he is elected by the clubs to serve the clubs and provide the clubs and cmca public some service and information.
besmearched (!! clocker ) or not get off your collective back sides and give us something.

Has the JGG been fitted for a sky blue with a free cappuchino yet?

Will ANA's chaminder Vass be the Answer?

Clock any chance of joining Arch and me on the boundary line this weekend for a frothy or 14?

Fiscal has the dog haven't seen you in the travels of late?

Burger what are the odds of the hapless ones making it? What are the Rockers up to?

Just who will tank the best to get the priority pick?

Blairy do you want any more clues?

Time for a horlicks until next time .................... Merlot

Uncle Mick doesn't mind such a comparison to the old days, Merl. It's a litigious society we now live in, where people are often too happy to sue in order to make a quick buck. Thus the council's hands are tied in circumstances such as these.

As far as ground availability goes, add Highett West Oval 1 to the other 2 ground being resurfaced. The ground is looking quite good at the moment. With a bit of luck they'll put in a new boundary cos to level the ground off they've added a "ramp" where the old fine leg & square boundary would be. The new pitch will be "dropped in" at a new angle which should now maximise the dimensions of the boundary.

Agree that it would nice if the CMCA could offer some sort of publication to the many that are salivating at the prospects of the 2009/10 season and what we can expect. I have no website maintenance experience, but will be all too happy to make a contribution in this field if given some tutelage.

As much as a quality bowler will be helpful, ANA's batting stocks need some resilience as well, if they are to be a serious challenger. Too often left up to Mikkelson. With a bit of luck their kids might come on a bit quicker. Last year's experience will have done them the world of good. Still think the boys from Victory Park are the biggest threat to the title. The Jeckyll & Hyde's are as good as any on their day.

My spies tell me the fiscal one may have far more on his platter than to be counting beans and walking dogs these days, Merl. Spare time is of the essence which I presume is better spent elsewhere than on a cricket forum.

“Do not ask for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee,” said the English poet, John Donne. Mackie is officially in survival mode for the next three seasons, at the very least. Forget finals and premierships, their window of opportunity has well and truly passed them by. Never has a team promised so much but failed to deliver when the it counted; at the end of the season. After scraping into the finals in 2007-2008 in a nail biting win against the big spending hoops, they went on to defeat Bentleigh Uniting in a Semi Final and then lost to the eventual runners up and now relegated Hampton Central. My how the wheel can turn very quickly. After 4 rounds in 2008-2009 they were 3 wins and a controversial draw against the juggernaut when one or both teams refused to play on Day 2. Lots of chest beating done by Obama and his administration, but as usual it all came to naught. The following game they managed to salvage a tie when West Bentleigh imploded in the dying minutes of the match. Nonetheless it was a great game in front of a large crowd. A woeful performance followed against Omega in a one day match where they were dismissed for a paltry 86 of 31.1 overs. An unconvincing win the following week against a disappointing Benteigh Uniting got them back into contention, but it was clear that they could not afford any more losses if they were to participate in the finals.In the next match they faced a confident Elwood and a bogey team for Mackie. Five batsmen dismissed for first ball ducks and complete capitulation for 142 of 31 overs against an honest bowling attack. A win against ANA the following round where former Mackie player Stuart (figjam) Campbell made good on his promise to one day put the Mackie attack to the sword. And so he did, with a blazing 117. ANA would have been confident with sort of score based on the previous weeks results; however Mackie prevailed to get over the line in a very entertaining match. A fortuitous washout against Le Page ensured three points, and it would have been interesting to see if Mackie could have chased down the 253 required to win. Many believe not. To add to their misery was the final match of the season. A repeat of the previous seasons encounter, but this time Mackie needed to win to participate in the finals. Chasing 226, they seemed destined to get over the line when they were 7/194.An inspiring captains innings from Buddha failed to rally the troops and they were dismissed for 220 and their season was over. What does the future hold in store? A quick look at their history will show that Mackie has not won any senior premiership in the past 16 seasons. For a club of their size and with the number of talented players that have played for them is nothing short of an indictment on their club and really has to question what their committees have been doing for all these years. They appear to have an impressive junior structure, however their performances last season in all senior grades was abysmal. Their seconds relegated from Woolnough the previous season struggled in C Grade and finished second last, as did their D grade team, whilst their G & I grade teams finished a distant 8th in their respective grades. Previous coaches in Haley, Cull, and Scott & Armstrong have all tried and failed to get this team to click. There are no ready made replacements and the retirement of a number of former players has added to the pressure. The team is starting to look old, their attack pedestrian and their batting revolves around one player. It is a recipe for disaster.

Good to see some action on the forum boy's.
With some clubs starting their pre-season training this week, the spies are out in full force.
Merlot my old mate, it was nice to spend some quality time with you in the arena last week, mind you, i should have known how good you still are on the fizz, i certainly had a blown head on the plane going to Qld on Sunday.
I've been doing some recruitment up in the islands, i'll let you know the outcome.
More importantly, your scoop on the Junior Golden one is quality work, it will be a huge advantage to the boys from VP to have him in the side, might just get them the flag they are after.
Some fairly extensive cabbage involved, good luck to them.
I've also heard that the politician may have match it to keep him, but may be running out of his retirement fund.
Another strong rumour is that there will be 2 one day games to start the season, 7 rnds before xmas, and 4 - 2 day games after.
Something else to ponder, Baraks crew are considering a proposal to introduce a yellow / red card system for naughty players, they need the support of the umpires to do so, the proposal was forwarded from someone high up in the congress.
Much debate on this one, if it helps to get rid of the d...k h...ds, then it should be trialled for a season and introduced the following season.
:confused::cool:

As an interested observer i think the summation on Mackie makes some valid points but is a bit harsh, they have been a very consistent performer over the past 6-7 years without having made a grand final, they have performed a hell of alot better than numerous "longmuir" clubs (omega, wash ups) in that time. What they lack like all clubs (boys club aside) is 11 consistent performers week in week out. It is very hard to win longy flags without 11 good cricketers, as proven by the boys club who dont rely on 3 or 4 players (they have had a different man of match in each of their flags in this era). Each club relies to heavily on a few good cricketers and when they dont perform the team lose (ie elwood).You are only as good as your weakest link and this is why Mackie have not played in a granny.:rolleyes:

CLOCKER;357465 said:
Have to congratulate Hampton United with their website and newsletters. New coaching appointment (Paul Dixon) indoor training so it looks promising.Hopefully they can attract a few new players to invigorate their club.Kingston Heath has also had a very useful website and it looks as though they put in a fair bit of work.Not surprisingly Leon reappointed as coach.It will be interesting to see how some of the older players handle the pressure of fielding in the late overs.Could get ugly in a few matches.

Thank you for the compliment re our web site at the Heath. The name is Leroy by the way not Leon.
As for the older players dealing witht the 7 extra overs, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

G'day Gents,

I was a consistent reader last season and wanted to get involved with the entertaining and insightful banter that goes on about the CMCA.

Archie, i have been fortunate to get my hands on a copy of the Longmuir draw for the 09/10 season. I can confirm Archie's strong rumors regarding the 2 one dayers to start the season are correct.

Also, Con Pothitos will Captain West Bentleigh for a payment of $12K. While Union is absolutely devastated - they cant get anywhere near that sum of money and can only wish him well.

The red/yellow card - i think has fallen over - well i hope so. We cant afford to let the personalities of the game be dampened by a trigger happy umpire. Its a ridiculous system that should remain on a soccer field

I love this time of the year, rumour and innuendo, the boys at vp must be loaded!!! $12k, surely it cannot be that much for one player. Can some one confirm this??? My mail says it was about half of that.

Past Hack

Liking your work, a breath of fresh air to the forum
Good to see Merl broke another scoop, it can get boring at times.My main man didn't have the amount of cabbage but did say the pale blue would sit nicely on the JGG head.

IPLD
Welcome to the forum you also look like you could be a worthwhile contributor and without giving your name away as it is always good to have a bit of suspicion what does IPLD stand for?

Archie
As you elaborated on the boundary yesterday the contents of the draw have proved correct.Your not tapping the same sources as Merl and is Blairy still getting us both mixed up?, and when is he going to contribute something instead of sitting on the fence, although he did do some smart work with the goal flags at the Lake today a reliable source advised me of.

Adam

Have only just arrived back in sunny Melbourne after being part of the 7,000 faithful souls who jetted into the nations capital for the battle of the two big cities.It was brass monkey weather and no comforts of the Long room to warm the cockels of Old Merl's heart.A Gallant defeat and and a well disguised tank, but don't tell anyone as that west coast mob are doing the same!

Burger,

Buddy Bighead lost the chance to ice the game, but the way the cesnas self imploded still gives them a chance to sneak into the 8.What about the Rockers when are you going to give us an update.

Uncle Mick

I can just see the business card Mr.U.Mick CMCA Webmaster,sitting proudly in the wallet or gold business card case to be dispatch to thousands who would contribute to a revitalised web page, where Barrack would give you carte blanche to re introduce the guest book and you could be our very own Mas cambios and moderate the entries and who knows even expose the fake B.Sorry I have just woken up it was all a dream!

anyway while a little early I think i might try an Archie Horlicks to soothe the travel weary body and get off into dreamtime to find out if Uncle Mick really is the new CMCA web master

As always until next time.................................. Merlot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back