controlling the flight and getting proper line and length

controlling the flight and getting proper line and length

HI i am a newbie to this website so hi y'all
I am a devotee of legspin bowling (wrist spin)
I had got the googly syndrome but now i get legbreaks but not the way i used to get them before so how do i get big legbreaks

its like sometimes i get good turns and sometimes slightly less and sometimes out of nowhere i get the top spinner or googly.its like i myself dont no when i am bowling the leg break or top spinner
and this is my main problem
I GET TOO MUCH FLIGHT
i try to control it but its hard
my coach tells me to complete my action(round arm action) and make the pivot off the feet for the ball to kick(extra bounce) after pitching.

i know where to bowl the perfect length and line but
dont know how how to get it pitch it good length spot every time

i do try get the proper flight and loop for some balls and those balls are perfect and the batsman struggles to play it
I am 14 years and i know i should get flight but i get slogged to boundaries I really want to improve since i have been playing for 4 yrs and started playing seriously only a year back and i know i have improved a lot but still need to work on the flight and line and length so pls help

Re: controlling the flight and getting proper line and length

Too much flight, you say is your problem. Is that what your coach thinks ? That could be a problem, especially if the surface you are bowling on is not turning much.

You need to be able to vary your flight to different batsmen and conditions. You might flight the ball more to tailenders than to top order batsmen for instance.

Not knowing what ball you are going to deliver was something Chandrashakar used to make a virtue of, and he was an incredible legspinner, but you need to work on observing closely what you are doing to produce the various deliveries so you can eventually have control over them.

there is no easy way to be completely accurate.

You can improve you accuracy by being completely side on at delivery but apart from that the key thing is practice. One way to practice accuracy would be to bowl at a target using a rope or chalk to draw a circle where you want the ball to land and practice hitting it.

For practicing your flight a good practice is to bowl over targets and practice getting the ball to dip over or under them. Another good drill would be to practice regularly over different lengths as this will help you change length in a game situation more easily.

Hello mate good to see you on here at last! Let's hope we can answer all your questions between us and you can join in with the banter on the wrist spin thread.

I would say that you need to learn how to recognise one of your deliveries and what it is you need to do wrist wise in order to be able to replicate the delivery again and again. I suppose the obvious answer in this case is that you work on being able to consistently bowl the leg break so that it doesn't come out as any of the other variations. I would say concentrate on ensuring that your palm of your hand and the underside of your wrist (The veiny bit) face the batsman at the point of release, as this should give you the leg break. Keep doing this till it's consistent and feels comfortable and you're able to repeat it again and again. Then start to look at bowling it faster and therefore flatter and maybe slower so that you're able to control your length. Most of this is down to loads of practice, this is after all the most difficult skill in cricket. The other thing is that when you do practice you take it very seriously and focus on what it is you're trying to do. It's probably better to find somewhere quiet where you can work on your own just bowling again and again at a set of stumps or a target. Get yourself several balls and just keep going at it until it comes good.

LIML, Welcome on to this site....

Which part of india u play cricket...

can u send ur bowling video..

Virender

Back