Cricket Albury/wodonga 16/17

I have herd that st pats are still recruiting from within the league and a few of their former juniors are not happy about it cos it means they may miss out on a 1st or 2nd grade spot. interestesing to hear that james sammon has gone there. not sure if it is true but if it is then there is him and kori stevenson and luke brunow that the have gotten from raiders and gutted raiders. why dont you play your juniors st pats insted of stealing from other clubs. soon you wont have any juniors left cos they no they wont get a go.

I have herd that st pats are still recruiting from within the league and a few of their former juniors are not happy about it cos it means they may miss out on a 1st or 2nd grade spot. interestesing to hear that james sammon has gone there. not sure if it is true but if it is then there is him and kori stevenson and luke brunow that the have gotten from raiders and gutted raiders. why dont you play your juniors st pats insted of stealing from other clubs. soon you wont have any juniors left cos they no they wont get a go.
I think you will find Sammon was courted by a few Clubs but left Raiders of his own accord. Patties was obviously where he wanted to go because he has a couple of his good mates there.

So 2 weeks until R1, is there a fixture out yet? I'd hope all grounds will be up to scratch after all the rain we have had & still to come.
Anyone bold enough to predict a ladder?
I'll have a rough go.

Lavington
St pats
North
Wodonga
Belvior
Tallangatta
East Albury
Albury
Raiders
New city

Anyone know if the border bullets squad has been announced yet?

Top run score this season
Brendon Simmons
Most wickets
Sam Stephens
Cricketer of the year
Robbie Jackson

Interesting to see you think belvoir will finish 5th after winning the grand final and picking up and irish guy after losing dylan wright? a win win if you ask me which will make us better. why do you say the three best teams from last year wodonga belvoir and tallangatta will all scrap into finals? lavington fromwhat ive herd have only picked up one guy, and they only scapped into finals last year?

top runs - sri lankan guy from tallangatta
most wickets - scotland guy from albury
cricketer of the year - kade brown from albury

My thought is (& I know you won't agree with me) is that you're coach doesn't exactly have the greatest background with coaching. I hope I'm wrong but after hearing jeansch slag him off just the other day one would think it's not all going to be smooth sailing this season. I also did hear the Irish guy fell through, weather that's right or wrong I don't know.

I've also heard wodonga Sri Lankan has gone back home & is uncontactable
& tallangatta relies heavily on imports so if they adapt I'm sure my prediction will be incorrect

I see Lavington as a tight bunch who is well drilled.
As for North I believe they under achieved last season

So that is my reasoning for my prediction,
I hope that is ok by you Mick?

Also I think Albury & East will be very stiff to miss out on finals

Also like to see all teams in full colours in the onedayers this year, raiders eagles new city hoppers ect need to pick up the slack in that department,

In the future seasons love to see it go back to an 8 team comp with relaguations, play each team twice, once in a one Dayer and once in a 2 dayer.

Have a seperate t20 comp where you play every third Wednesday night/ arvo play each team once and the top 2 ranked teames at the end play off in the grand final in a and b grade a month out before the real grand final

Big season for a few teams! bushies, north going to be hard to beat this year......

Talangatta
North
Belvior
Wodonga
St pats
Lavi
---------------
Albury
East
New city
Raiders

Talangatta to beat north in a classic high scoring grand final hopefully at bunton park this year for a change!!!!

Most runs: big year for Matt crawshaw or even David Farrell

Most wickets: might be a spinner this year Greg Daniel or even young Callum Langlands

Champion player: can't look past Robbie Jackson

Keen so see how the imports will go for the bushies and the dogs, also how these blokes from Albury go about it this year, they could be an outside finals chance!

Raiders, haven't heard much, lavi, only the one signing, new city in talks with an overseas player maybe from Zimbabwe, dont think Dylan wright is best fit or that club if or any club at all.

I believe north have recruited very well in the offseason including Greg Daniel, tom Simmons, Kane reiunburger (former premiership player, saw a post on Facebook, paddys and east haven't heard much about!

marms. come on. hes left our club. leave him alone and let him worry about new city.

Bulldogs fairly confident that the "cheese" will get up for round 1. Be interesting to see what the wickets in albury are like. Saying that, if round 1 is played on hard wickets, theres going to be quite a few big scores.......... #justsaying

I see in the BMM the rep side will be announced after this weekend.
Anyone want to have a go who the best 11 players would be to play?
I haven't seen an initial squad so I might be a bit left field in my attemp.
Here we go

Ash Borella
Alex Popko
Brendan Simmonds
Drew Cameron
Sam Harris
Kade Brown
Nat Sariman (Wk)
Nathan Brown
Jarryd Hatton
Matt Jeansch
Brad Smith

Obviously no imports simply because we haven't seen them yet

I see in the BMM the rep side will be announced after this weekend.
Anyone want to have a go who the best 11 players would be to play?
I haven't seen an initial squad so I might be a bit left field in my attemp.
Here we go

Ash Borella
Alex Popko
Brendan Simmonds
Drew Cameron
Sam Harris
Kade Brown
Nat Sariman (Wk)
Nathan Brown
Jarryd Hatton
Matt Jeansch
Brad Smith

Obviously no imports simply because we haven't seen them yet
No T Ball in there Wizards?

Looks as though I was a fair way off the mark. Ash Borella missed out after he's big season last year.
Would you have T.Ball in you're team after what he's been through?

Back