Cricket Albury/wodonga 16/17

Ok there have been some great games so far this season. East Albury the surprise packets. I would say Riders have been better than last year. Still need a couple of batsman. The Pom is very handy with the ball. Just waiting the Bushies import to fire with the bat. So many imports is making the comp strong. Not sure what to think of Wodonga using Wagga players but they are gone so who do they have coming back. I wonder if the Eagles will push through the overs this week?

Strange turn of events between North& Wodonga, any give us any score updates? They're not online.
Also is there any truth that Dylan Wright has been given the sack by New City? I wonder what's going on at Urana road.
Is there honestly any future for the Raiders & New City?

Strange turn of events between North& Wodonga, any give us any score updates? They're not online.
Also is there any truth that Dylan Wright has been given the sack by New City? I wonder what's going on at Urana road.
Is there honestly any future for the Raiders & New City?
Wright definitely gone. Unsure if he was sacked or walked out. I see a future for both Clubs in CAW

Yep, new city asked me to stand down as captain. Club has a vision & unfortunately for me I wasn't apart of that in a leadership sense. However the club and myself can hold our heads up high for the way we have dealt with the matter internally & hopefully everyone can stop the whispers now and just get on to talking about cricket.
- For what it's worth I don't think questions in regards to a clubs relevance or future has any value here. Whatever will be will be & I can only speak from what I seen at urana road but they are working their butts off and want to become relevant to the A grade comp. time will tell in that space. I guess I'm just asking for a bit of a chop out in regards to the personal attacks as they are probably unwarranted & lack substance as I'm not well known on a personal level up here. I love to win & play hard. End of the day we all love the game more than anything tho.
Peace - Dyls

Last edited:
Yep, new city asked me to stand down as captain. Club has a vision & unfortunately for me I wasn't apart of that in a leadership sense. However the club and myself can hold our heads up high for the way we have dealt with the matter internally & hopefully everyone can stop the whispers now and just get on to talking about cricket.
- For what it's worth I don't think questions in regards to a clubs relevance or future has any value here. Whatever will be will be & I can only speak from what I seen at urana road but they are working their butts off and want to become relevant to the A grade comp. time will tell in that space. I guess I'm just asking for a bit of a chop out in regards to the personal attacks as they are probably unwarranted & lack substance as I'm not well known on a personal level up here. I love to win & play hard. End of the day we all love the game more than anything tho.
Peace - Dyls

wow very well written. max props for getting on here, telling your side of the story and not kicking into new city. are you still playing for new city as a player? good on you dyls very respectful

i was talking to a wodonga player on the weekend who said New City didn't even attempt to chase down 200 and instead blocked out 50 overs to end 7/108. I understand they might have the best facilities but that is just a joke, if you don't want to win games of cricket don't bother playing!

i was talking to a wodonga player on the weekend who said New City didn't even attempt to chase down 200 and instead blocked out 50 overs to end 7/108. I understand they might have the best facilities but that is just a joke, if you don't want to win games of cricket don't bother playing!
Sometimes there's more to junior development than winning. Spending some time in the middle is always good for young players.

I have heard raiders may be in a bit of trouble with 9 comittee members resigning from the original 13.
I've heard the President has stepped down but not that 9 people have.
Tallangatta be happy to have Armstrong back this week id say. Sri Lankan is gonna be a big loss for them though

Last edited:
Ok I know that the president did step down awhile ago. It's been a tough place for them but hopefully they will get things sorted. On field they aren't being shamed. They draw is another thing. They have had Belvoir x 2 and Wodonga x 3 before Christmas and Lavi x 2 I think. Not sure who does the draw but it ain't a even draw. Well done to Armstrong for getting a gig overseas.

Final ladder prediction
North
Lavi
Wodonga
Talangatta
Belvior
Albury
---------
East
Paddys
New city
Raiders

Nice and tight!
At this stage north looking like the team to beat in both A and B grades which is good signs for that club.

well done to wodonga. won a hard grand final, low scores can be dangerous. for what its worth, i didnt think it was a fizzer game, i was only there the first day but i thought wodong bowled really well but i didnt think lavi through there wickets away, wodonga were just to good. and by the sound of the radio, the same happeded on sunday.
suprise packet-east albury - did very well to go from next to last last year to finals this year
biggest disappointment-albury-once again spend all the money and still cant make finals.spend more than tallangatta!

well done to wodonga. won a hard grand final, low scores can be dangerous. for what its worth, i didnt think it was a fizzer game, i was only there the first day but i thought wodong bowled really well but i didnt think lavi through there wickets away, wodonga were just to good. and by the sound of the radio, the same happeded on sunday.
suprise packet-east albury - did very well to go from next to last last year to finals this year
biggest disappointment-albury-once again spend all the money and still cant make finals.spend more than tallangatta!

How much do Tallangatta & Albury spend?

Back