Cricket Albury Wodonga 2010/2011

Never been a fan of cancelling games on hard wickets until there was no choice.....makes you wonder how many games could have been played today.....or is the reason because all the first and second grade players would suddenly be playing in the 3'rds and the CAW want to avoid that happening??????

Wouldn't be the first time that CAW were worried about first and second grade players suddenly playing third grade, I think the same thing happened early last season, possibly in the first round.

did
Well you weren't far off the mark there Bluey....but you forgot one main run scorer at belvoir and that was your skipper.He lead the way aand hopefully he has a great year.

Looks like the rain will stuff cricket again this weekend. For those teams who have won in the first week again some easy points coming there way.

didn't mention Cam because he is always a star!!

did

didn't mention Cam because he is always a star!!

What about Peter " I'm as hariy as Ryan Harris " Cook ??? He's very handy player aswell. But it wont matter who you have in your side if it keeps raining. I will say that Tallanagatta have been very lucky because of the rain. If CAW makes the rest of the season one dayers that's a joke. Are they worried they won't make as money if half the season get's washed out?? If play does get under way this week match of the round in District would have to be Raiders V Mt Beauty. Let's see how many club's can get grounds up for the weekend??

Personally I'm not a fan of playing all one-dayers after Xmas. To expect guys to play 40-50 over cricket for 9 weeks then turn around and play 80 over cricket for finals is a bit of a joke really. From a District point of view at least, the last 2 rounds are repeat games (we've 'played' these teams in the first 2 rounds) so I've got no problems replacing these with one-dayers straight after Xmas and then playing 2-day cricket leading into the finals.

Personally I'm not a fan of playing all one-dayers after Xmas. To expect guys to play 40-50 over cricket for 9 weeks then turn around and play 80 over cricket for finals is a bit of a joke really. From a District point of view at least, the last 2 rounds are repeat games (we've 'played' these teams in the first 2 rounds) so I've got no problems replacing these with one-dayers straight after Xmas and then playing 2-day cricket leading into the finals.

fair call .it's like the old days when you played 2 day cricket then finals was over 3 or 4 days.it will be ok CAW will make a mess of it and listen to the Provy teams and district will have to cop it on the chin.

i have noticed that the eagle has landed at the raiders!!!!! it's been a while for him but should go alright. also another eagle has gone back home.any reason why blueyboy???? best of luck to all the district teams this week.

whats everyones thoughts on the relegation this year? i have talked to nearly every club and have found that most dont want it to go ahead due to that we havent played a decent round yet and if a club gets relegated on the back of playing half a season, pretty stiff. also on lesser news herd that there is a bit of unrest at albury. talking to a few lavi boys, they seem to think sam oconner is thinking of going back there, although they said he actually hasnt said anything officially. and herd marmo threatened to leave to go back to north? concrete boots, any truth in these?

whats everyones thoughts on the relegation this year? i have talked to nearly every club and have found that most dont want it to go ahead due to that we havent played a decent round yet and if a club gets relegated on the back of playing half a season, pretty stiff. also on lesser news herd that there is a bit of unrest at albury. talking to a few lavi boys, they seem to think sam oconner is thinking of going back there, although they said he actually hasnt said anything officially. and herd marmo threatened to leave to go back to north? concrete boots, any truth in these?[/quot
wouldnt know anything bout it there short and fast mate as im not from albury but im sure sam wouldnt wanna go bak to lavi after the way he was treated there by there head honchos there but guess this is all just a rumour mill isnt it. i see that there is still gunna be relagation but if there is 2 games washed out after chrissy then it will be scrapped which most likely be on the cards with 200 250 mls predicted in january and a further 150 in feb

not sure what your talking about concrete, he wasnt traeted that badly at all, he won all the second grade trophies last year and finished up playing seniors. if anything, it is him who treated the club badly after they trained him up to first grade level, and he just got up and left for albury.

seems relegation will still go ahead, doesnt look likely that many games will get washed out after christams, goobye albury and dederang? any others provvy teams who could drop down instead of those two?​

fair call .it's like the old days when you played 2 day cricket then finals was over 3 or 4 days.it will be ok CAW will make a mess of it and listen to the Provy teams and district will have to cop it on the chin.

i have noticed that the eagle has landed at the raiders!!!!! it's been a while for him but should go alright. also another eagle has gone back home.any reason why blueyboy???? best of luck to all the district teams this week.

Which person are you talking about being at Raiders? Not braden Younger are you?.

Chris Pearce an Haydyn Roberts also returned to their homes for reasons that the club aren't to fussed about.

well, the first half of the season is over. what are everyones thoughts?
looks like it will be out of lavi, st pats and north again for the flag.
albury look dead favourites to be relegated, who else though, dederang, east?
Lets have a go at naming the best few players of each team so far.
LAVI-TBall by far the best bat in comp, Andrew maggs and liam scammell for their batting.
North-Dave castello again firing with the bat, Rhys Jones and Farrell
St pats-hawking is bowling well, arendarcikas bowling well also, luke restall batting well.
Belvoir-Steve mac, spita, dave dineen.
Albury-J Morris, s oconner, k griffiths
Dederag-andy creamer,andy hill, dicko
East-cam white,rosie, hockin?
wodonga-robbie jackson,leigh collins,dyllan beattie.
newcity-cupido,steve baker, baude?
Any thoughts in addition or anything with these names

Any new signings b4 the cut off or any departures that antone has heard of??
I notice rain predicted for Friday and saturday this week,hopefully the weather department gets things wrong

none i
Any new signings b4 the cut off or any departures that antone has heard of??
I notice rain predicted for Friday and saturday this week,hopefully the weather department gets things wrong

none i have heard. i see lavi is out for the rest of the year this means lavi will play there remaining games at wilson oval i reckon trent could make 1000 runs for the year if he gets goin there? thoughts
and another thing ive heard the t20 final will be played on the wednesday night before the gf at lavi seconds to start at 5 and the main game starting at 8

none i

none i have heard. i see lavi is out for the rest of the year this means lavi will play there remaining games at wilson oval i reckon trent could make 1000 runs for the year if he gets goin there? thoughts
and another thing ive heard the t20 final will be played on the wednesday night before the gf at lavi seconds to start at 5 and the main game starting at 8

just wondering those guy's who work office hours will go in the 2's???? sounds like a trial run for next season.

If it does rain that keeps Wodonga's chance of staying up alot better. Gee image what that would cause if the went down to district!!!

Back