Cricket Albury Wodonga 2010/2011

Just no points i reckon

Wats everybodys thoughts on the Urana Road wet wicket?
What do we think is a fair penalty to the club?
I dont know all the facts like most of us wont but ill start the ball rolling with no points for the round and $1000 fine

i agree TFM and Pistachio no points and fine as i think its a disgrace that this sort of thing happens if the covers were on it would of started on time the umpires might of said it was playable but remember they are not batting on it and if the game didnt start they probably wouldnt of got paid and its unfair when every other game started at 1pm so to me take it all from them

i think its an absolute disgrace, north albury did it a few years ago and the board didnt have the balls to punish them. i hope they set a precedent now. Just thinking, why werent the covers on? and the sprinklers arent in the ground are they? someone actually has to drag the sprinkler over to the pitch dont they? if so, then the excuse that they 'accidentally' came on doesnt cut it does it. they should have all points from this game stripped, and fined as well. absolute disgrace

i think its an absolute disgrace, north albury did it a few years ago and the board didnt have the balls to punish them. i hope they set a precedent now. Just thinking, why werent the covers on? and the sprinklers arent in the ground are they? someone actually has to drag the sprinkler over to the pitch dont they? if so, then the excuse that they 'accidentally' came on doesnt cut it does it. they should have all points from this game stripped, and fined as well. absolute disgrace

well that does sound a bit dodgy in my books.every year there's some sort of covers drama.it's simple put the covers on like you are suppose to do.points should go and if it happens again well a fine should be in place.but let's not forget what happened with north!!!!

gee the bottom of the ladder is pretty close.will it go do to the wire.!!!!!!!!! lucky wodonga won against albury.

well done raiders on a gutsy win.also heard that roberts from baranduda has done a runner.which made them short for the 2nd week.

Think you will find that Urana Road, like most Council grounds in Albury/Lavington, have automatic in ground sprinkler systems that are timer activated. From what I can gather, the issue was that the curator thought that the system was off but it was not. Walk the sprinklers out and turned them on...you guys should get facts before you start sensationalising with crap and what you think 'possibly' happened, you should seek a job in the media.

Whatever happens at the hearing happens, but you need to remember that both captains agreed to play and the umpires deemed the wicket fit for play....judging by the footage on win news Tallangatta threw their wickets away anyway.
redface.png

Think you will find that Urana Road, like most Council grounds in Albury/Lavington, have automatic in ground sprinkler systems that are timer activated. From what I can gather, the issue was that the curator thought that the system was off but it was not. Walk the sprinklers out and turned them on...you guys should get facts before you start sensationalising with crap and what you think 'possibly' happened, you should seek a job in the media.

Whatever happens at the hearing happens, but you need to remember that both captains agreed to play and the umpires deemed the wicket fit for play....judging by the footage on win news Tallangatta threw their wickets away anyway.:oops:

the wicket hasnt been wet on a saturday since october, new city looking down the barrel of another defeat and drop into the relegation area, bit suss that they call it an accident maybe trying to juice wicket up and went a bit overboard take the points off them and if you look at ladder it will put them in relegation no place for cheats

You know we all hide behind our puters and get on here and stir things up with some tongue in cheak comments and take the piss out of each others club and individuals, and sometimes our own, with no real malice meant. But I think when you start accusing clubs or individuals of cheating, you are crossing the line.

I believe when North didn't place the covers on and it rained (against Lavi??), it was as simple as 2 people (who also have full time jobs and a family to look after) thinking the other was going to do it......and yes they should have been penalised but weren't.

Guys from New City have said that the automatic sprinklers came on by mistake, so all you can do is take that on face value unless someone has evidence of deliberate tampering.

A couple of idiots came on here last year and made some false allegations and ended up being investigated by the police......so unless people have got proof of clubs or individuals deliberatly doctoring wickets, keep your opinions to yourself and let the CAW deal with it. If the result is not good enough, place a complaint and if you still don't like the decision.....piss off and play something else or put up your hand and go on the CAW committee and make some positive changes!!!!

LAR couldn't agree more, people making these comments are obviously within relegation zone themselves. Case of sour grapes perhaps. Am sure New City will be dealt with accordingly, once facts are tendered to CAW.

Great to see a level head on here!!!
smile.png

You know we all hide behind our puters and get on here and stir things up with some tongue in cheak comments and take the piss out of each others club and individuals, and sometimes our own, with no real malice meant. But I think when you start accusing clubs or individuals of cheating, you are crossing the line.

I believe when North didn't place the covers on and it rained (against Lavi??), it was as simple as 2 people (who also have full time jobs and a family to look after) thinking the other was going to do it......and yes they should have been penalised but weren't.

Guys from New City have said that the automatic sprinklers came on by mistake, so all you can do is take that on face value unless someone has evidence of deliberate tampering.

A couple of idiots came on here last year and made some false allegations and ended up being investigated by the police......so unless people have got proof of clubs or individuals deliberatly doctoring wickets, keep your opinions to yourself and let the CAW deal with it. If the result is not good enough, place a complaint and if you still don't like the decision.....piss off and play something else or put up your hand and go on the CAW committee and make some positive changes!!!!

Cheak is actually spelt Cheek but cheet is spelt cheat

Cheak is actually spelt Cheek but cheet is spelt cheat

Thanks for the spelling lesson TFM. However upon checking some of your posts, I'd like to remind you that Wat is actually spelt What, and i'll and don't etc, actually have apostrophes in them. Maybe you should check your own grammar and spelling before commenting on others. :p

More rain forecast for Friday and Saturday.....that will be the best part of 8 weeks of washouts.....what a bizaar season.....be interesting to see if the relegation will be put on hold.

Lets all have a say on relegation.
I myself agree with Heath Naughton that the bottom 2 sides have actually lost games,fair enough they have had a couple of washouts but they have lost 7 games between them

Lets all have a say on relegation.
I myself agree with Heath Naughton that the bottom 2 sides have actually lost games,fair enough they have had a couple of washouts but they have lost 7 games between them

Spot on there Fast Man!!! If you have two teams that are clearly losing games within the first day, when the rest of the provincial comp are obtaining drawn results due to rain, then they are clearly not up to the standard of provincial cricket. In fact, I would be fair to say that the top four teams in our district A grade would beat both Albury and Dederang.
biggrin.png

the wicket hasnt been wet on a saturday since october, new city looking down the barrel of another defeat and drop into the relegation area, bit suss that they call it an accident maybe trying to juice wicket up and went a bit overboard take the points off them and if you look at ladder it will put them in relegation no place for cheats

Mate i dont think they had to worry about relegation when they should have out righted dederang and would give albury a pasting. The two teams in relegation at the moment deserve to be there losing games in the first week of play.
To call them cheats is a crock of sh*t i understand people like us from the outside looking in does look bad but i dont think a bloke like anthony baker and steve baker are not cheats. i have heard the playing group is very dissapointed as they had no control. its over now so whats everyones thoughts on finals teams that will make it and grand finalist??

Mate i dont think they had to worry about relegation when they should have out righted dederang and would give albury a pasting. The two teams in relegation at the moment deserve to be there losing games in the first week of play.
To call them cheats is a crock of sh*t i understand people like us from the outside looking in does look bad but i dont think a bloke like anthony baker and steve baker are not cheats. i have heard the playing group is very dissapointed as they had no control. its over now so whats everyones thoughts on finals teams that will make it and grand finalist??

Another good call here Ump...I think if you also look at the ladders in the provincial table, you will see that no other side in the comp is looking down the barrell Ashjor 69
confused.png
New City sitting in eight position are still 11 points clear from the dead zone...mate this just confirms my earlier comment about you being part of the bottom two...more likely Albury as the Dederang boys wouldn't waste there time speculating (and un-intelligently I might add) as you did...lucky for you the rain came otherwise you'd be eating from the wooden spoon in District next year.
tongue.png

I recon the there a are few teams from both B grade comps that would give Albury A's a run for their money and in fact flog them......and probably an all stars C grade side as well.....thats how bad they are.....wish we could replay all of a certain Capts comments from before the season started on here for a laugh.....be interesting to see how much loyalty there is if they are, and should be, relegated......regardless of the washouts, it is sooooo obvious who the bottom team is.

LAR you obviously dont like marmo or albury lol, but everone knows how good they are, so know one needs to really reiterate what position both albury or dederang are in, no doubt both clubs will try to improve to avoid relegation next year. So pull your head in or at least sign your name at the bottom of your posts, your comments are of no use to anyone and are weak as p*ss.

Anywho, with 2 rounds to go anyone going to be pre-emptive and choose an early grand final winner? christmas i would have said our boys lavi, but paddies did us, with both teams not playing at their best. so i would say it is legitiately out of us, pats and north, but i think norths consistent batting will get them another premiership. hopefully i am somewhere near the mark, but i suppose we will see in a months time lol

Hi Folks, Haven't been on for a while, but saw comments about New City and their pitch. I agree with Umpire Hart that I don't think Anthony or Steve Baker are cheats and having known Tim Walker for quite a few years (who I believe is the curator at New City), I don't think he is a cheat either.

Also thought I would comment on the rain, as we have just had another day's play washed out after the board decided to abandon relegation for this season last week. Does that mean the board does not believe we have had enough play to determine who deserves to be relegated ? If that assumption is correct, then have we had enough play to determine who deserves to play in the finals or indeed is awarded the premiership ? Just off the top of my head I believe at least half of the scheduled days of play have been washed out. What are the thoughts of everyone here about this ?

Spot on there Fast Man!!! If you have two teams that are clearly losing games within the first day, when the rest of the provincial comp are obtaining drawn results due to rain, then they are clearly not up to the standard of provincial cricket. In fact, I would be fair to say that the top four teams in our district A grade would beat both Albury and Dederang.:D

Also thought I would comment on the rain, as we have just had another day's play washed out after the board decided to abandon relegation for this season last week. Does that mean the board does not believe we have had enough play to determine who deserves to be relegated ? If that assumption is correct, then have we had enough play to determine who deserves to play in the finals or indeed is awarded the premiership ? Just off the top of my head I believe at least half of the scheduled days of play have been washed out. What are the thoughts of everyone here about this ?

In fairness to the Board and their decision making, we should put ourselves in their boots and understand that to make a decision to leave the relegation in place can be argued as not in the best interest's of the competition as a whole. Teams in general have not had the opportunity to fine tune match day performances, batsman have had little time in the middle across the board. (barring Jackson, Ball and Restall to name a few) Bowlers have been able to play one day here or there but have hardly had the chance to excel....so many variables come into play...CAW would have had Presidents from respective Clubs making representations on a Club by Club basis. The top three teams would not have cared that much, the middle five probably thought they were safe pending the final three games and who they were up against and Albury and Dederang would have fought for it's removal. To break it into a simple form, take the huge average of Robbie Jackson at 239 as an example, had he of played the 5 washed out matches, his average would read more in the vacinity of 50-70 with a few more dissmissals to his name. Step this up to a ladder perspective and had the 5 washed out matches achieved results it too would be reading a little different as well...who knows it could have been a Belvoir or Tallangatta?
On a personal view point, as I have quoted above, I think the bottom two should be relegated regardless as losing inside one day is ordinary. If these two teams are destined to be relegated, time has a funny way of leveling things out and we will see them in the same position next year. Until then, as this season resembles that of a train wreck, as a suggestion, why don't CAW make the remaining three weeks one day fixtures with the last round playing two games? (Remember the last round has been made a sat-sun)....othewise whoever wins the flags in all grades could say it has a relatively meaningless trophy in the cupboard...

Long time stalker, first time poster.

Been funny as reading through some of these posts when it is obvious some of the comments are directed at mates or even peoples own club and yet others take them so serious because they do not realise it. Anyway!

In regards to the relegation, its done and dusted now and whether people agree or not lets just hope both the clubs can turn around their seasons next year.

The finals will be interesting in all grades this year with some possible hardluck stories because of all of the washouts. Could be quite a few teams not playing finals that 'should' have made it, the ladders certainly won't be a true reflection but rather the luck of the draw with some teams winning games against weaker teams week 1 and others washed out week 2 after being in strong winning positions at the end of week 1. But hopefully come the end of March all premiers will be pretty much no surprise and everyone can put this terrible year behind them. Good luck to all teams leading up to the finals.

The finals will be interesting in all grades this year with some possible hardluck stories because of all of the washouts. Could be quite a few teams not playing finals that 'should' have made it, the ladders certainly won't be a true reflection but rather the luck of the draw with some teams winning games against weaker teams week 1 and others washed out week 2 after being in strong winning positions at the end of week 1. But hopefully come the end of March all premiers will be pretty much no surprise and everyone can put this terrible year behind them. Good luck to all teams leading up to the finals.

I think you summed it very well there Got him gone. Hopefully we can get through the rest of the season without anymore interruptions, including the finals. Then I think we might be able to say that the premiers deserve their titles. If the finals are washed out I would say that the premiers have won mostly by luck rather than by great performances. We would need all finals to be played for the premiers to deserve their title. I also wish all teams good luck leading up to the finals and in the finals for those who make it.

In fairness to the Board and their decision making, we should put ourselves in their boots and understand that to make a decision to leave the relegation in place can be argued as not in the best interest's of the competition as a whole. Teams in general have not had the opportunity to fine tune match day performances, batsman have had little time in the middle across the board. (barring Jackson, Ball and Restall to name a few) Bowlers have been able to play one day here or there but have hardly had the chance to excel....so many variables come into play...CAW would have had Presidents from respective Clubs making representations on a Club by Club basis. The top three teams would not have cared that much, the middle five probably thought they were safe pending the final three games and who they were up against and Albury and Dederang would have fought for it's removal. To break it into a simple form, take the huge average of Robbie Jackson at 239 as an example, had he of played the 5 washed out matches, his average would read more in the vacinity of 50-70 with a few more dissmissals to his name. Step this up to a ladder perspective and had the 5 washed out matches achieved results it too would be reading a little different as well...who knows it could have been a Belvoir or Tallangatta?
On a personal view point, as I have quoted above, I think the bottom two should be relegated regardless as losing inside one day is ordinary. If these two teams are destined to be relegated, time has a funny way of leveling things out and we will see them in the same position next year. Until then, as this season resembles that of a train wreck, as a suggestion, why don't CAW make the remaining three weeks one day fixtures with the last round playing two games? (Remember the last round has been made a sat-sun)....othewise whoever wins the flags in all grades could say it has a relatively meaningless trophy in the cupboard...

Well said all parts Love the Game. Some teams will take the glory don't worry about that. So Albury and Dederang are safe for next season at least. But the race is still on to win both grades. St Pats are a doing well but never fail North will be there at the end. In district who will knock off Mt Beauty. Also I have noticed that the last game between Raiders and Barny is on carpet.WTF. Come on it's A'Grade not silly C's.

I am not having a crack at a club or its players, but to see a team beaten by 230 runs in a one day game.....jez you have really gotta ask how hard its going to be next season unless they can do some recruiting. Good luck to them as no one wants to see these scores in the highest grade......

I am not having a crack at a club or its players, but to see a team beaten by 230 runs in a one day game.....jez you have really gotta ask how hard its going to be next season unless they can do some recruiting. Good luck to them as no one wants to see these scores in the highest grade......

Yeah it will be a long season for them next year if they don't pick many up also if some leave. Did see north Albury 3rds had a field day on the weekend. With someone hitting 200 runs which included 25 sixes .Would have been a long 40 overs for Belvoir . Raider's could miss out on finals after losing to Howlong. So it's crunch time this weekend. A big game between Raiders and Barny but it's on Carpet. If I was CAW move the A'Grade to turf if possible. There will be some teams glad it's the last weekend in a crappy season .

Back