Cricket Albury Wodonga 2010/2011

Yeah one of the Albury boys in 3rds cracked a double earlier in the season as well. Probably not much clubs can do if they are struggling for players and some people that could be playing A's or B's can only play every now and then or cant commit to two day cricket.....still, it doesn't seem fair on the young kids and old farts to have these guys playing 3rds.

At least the weekend looks absolutly perfect for cricket this weekend.....so good luck to all.

Yeah it will be a long season for them next year if they don't pick many up also if some leave. Did see north Albury 3rds had a field day on the weekend. With someone hitting 200 runs which included 25 sixes .Would have been a long 40 overs for Belvoir . Raider's could miss out on finals after losing to Howlong. So it's crunch time this weekend. A big game between Raiders and Barny but it's on Carpet. If I was CAW move the A'Grade to turf if possible. There will be some teams glad it's the last weekend in a crappy season .

Had a look at the history of the guy who got 200 last weekend, seems as though he has spent a fair bit of time in A Grade over the seasons, so C Grade bowlers would probably be not much of a challenge for him.

Had a look at the history of the guy who got 200 last weekend, seems as though he has spent a fair bit of time in A Grade over the seasons, so C Grade bowlers would probably be not much of a challenge for him.

Give him a bit of slack as he's 45 and it would have been his second hit for the year. Fair effort IMO as he hit a ton with his first hit as well.

Give him a bit of slack as he's 45 and it would have been his second hit for the year. Fair effort IMO as he hit a ton with his first hit as well.

LOL.....he might be 45 and only batted twice this year, but with scores of 160no and 207 I am guessing he might still have a little ability.....his opening bowling figures in each game are not bad either.....lol....poor old man

LOL.....he might be 45 and only batted twice this year, but with scores of 160no and 207 I am guessing he might still have a little ability.....his opening bowling figures in each game are not bad either.....lol....poor old man

You're right he does have ability. Have a look at the century makers in all grades this year and see how many guys are 40+ in age. I think it says where CAW are at currently when the stars of the 80s & 90s can still make runs.Surely there must be some half decent young bowlers about.

I see Marmro isn't playing this week.SOC in charge they will beat Belvoir. He will lead really well and maybe be incharge next season. Will Marmo hang around is the big question??

Rightio rounds finished, except for the 3rds, although the top four pretty well look set for them in all sub grades.....so who were lucky to make it into the finals and who wasn't due to rain? Yeah I know whoever made it made it because they scored more wins or bonus points, but again, some of those first week wins when the second week was washed out against weaker sides have probably made a huge difference....or did they????

Bit of animosity going around between tball robbie jackson and marmo. If anyone is friends with marmo on facebook, have a look at one of the posts, tball rips into marmo about being relegated and jackson backs up marmo. Although, found it funny that spita piped up and had a dig a marmo, because by the looks of it, if it wasnt for mclennan, sam oconner and his boys would have beaten them on the weekend, only lost by a wicket. not a bad effort by albury.
t p

Any thoughts for finals?

I think you could find that comments on Facebook are about as creditable as some of the tongue in check comments on here.......people just taking out the piss out of each other and others simply read too much into what is being said.....mind you will have to check it out later just for the laugh

You have to feel sorry for 5th and 6th being knocked out if it does rain but it means every chance for a better GF

Look I don't want to be rude or offend anyone, but no doubt will, but there is no way in the world in any sport that a team that comes 6th in a comp with ten teams should be playing finals......and to see teams in District that have won one game, finish 6th out of 8 teams and still make the finals.....good on them....but seriously?????????? And lets not blame the rain for where all teams sit.

Look I don't want to be rude or offend anyone, but no doubt will, but there is no way in the world in any sport that a team that comes 6th in a comp with ten teams should be playing finals......and to see teams in District that have won one game, finish 6th out of 8 teams and still make the finals.....good on them....but seriously?????????? And lets not blame the rain for where all teams sit.

i agree with you 100% that with one win you shouldn't be playing in the finals

Who do you pick to win this weekend in district?

i agree with you 100% that with one win you shouldn't be playing in the finals

Who do you pick to win this weekend in district?

In the Ones
Yak just need to find the ground to win
Mt Beauty to win
Wodonga to win

2's
Wodonga will win it day one
Mt Beauty easy win
Kiewa

Then again, finals can throw up a surprise or two every now and then with favourites having a shocker and underdogs playing out of their skins.....good luck to all teams

What the hell happened at three of the 'best grounds' in the Prov comp, all B grade??? Urana Rd fourteen wickets for 107, Bilson thirteen wickets for 161 and Les Cheesley sixteen wickets for 149. Once again the finals seem to create some wonderful games and results.

What the hell happened at three of the 'best grounds' in the Prov comp, all B grade??? Urana Rd fourteen wickets for 107, Bilson thirteen wickets for 161 and Les Cheesley sixteen wickets for 149. Once again the finals seem to create some wonderful games and results.

22 wickets fell at Howlong and 16 at Tallangatta for 142 runs...WTF

Game at Mt Beauty didnt start at all which is a benefit to Mt Beauty and all but knocks Barny/Chiltern out of the finals race

These guys dropped in at Yack on the way back home. Let's just say this isn't finished with just yet. Sounds like a similar situation to the New City/Tallangatta fiasco earlier in the year

Mt beauty should be kicked outta finals same thing that happened with new city. why should be be able 2 walk past the first final and knock barny out its silly barny should stay in and mt beauty should go out

Apparently Urana Rd Oval pitch was just about unplayable. Rumour has it that Erdlejac told the umpires that play had to start at 2pm and then left without seeing a ball bowled. New City won the toss and bowled and knocked Lavi over for 63.

How hard is to put the covers on??? Are we going to get the old excuse "We had them on but somebody walking past in the middle of the night pulled them off"?

Bit rough for a team to be knocked out of the finals because a club didn't cover the wicket. Being the second time this year you'd think some serious action would be taken. Not holding my breath though.

I think in this situation there shouldn't be a coin toss. If the home side can't follow the rules and dish up a wet wicket, they should have to bat on it. Why disadvantage the other team because they were unlucky at the toss?

Disappointed to see Wodonga bow out in the first week of the finals. The only positive to come out of the weekend is that North Albury are joining them on the sidelines!!!

Back