Cricket Albury/wodonga

Well watched Raiders V Belvoir. Raiders batting looked solid at the start but slowly lost wickets. Good total by the Eagles with Nat the Bat making more runs . Bowling was different to the week before with pace doing the job then Simmonds came on. I would have hoped for a better game sunday but North didn't come to the party. Why don't they just turn Bunton Park into a carpet oval. Bloody runs everywhere on a road.
Wodonga would have had to check their egos sunday night. Well done Albury !!
Can explian if the one day games are a separate comp or do all the points add up?
Gee District could be the comp to watch with some close games and dazzling imports !!!

What would be everyones best 20/20 and one day teams. Not including anyone under 23.

my t20 best team would be:

Sariman
W.Brown (both openers can be the keeper)
Jackson
Restall
Lade (c)
McNeil
Tonkin
K.Brown
Ranaweera
Butters Jack RobboTassell

T.Ball can still coach if he wants, but he's not in my best team

Raiders should of stayed in the District comp for another year. Have some good kids coming through but barely any seniors players to back them up. Maybe they could have a crack at a few fringe players from some of the stronger clubs to get some talent on the park.

Any thoughts out there?
I don't think the Provincial clubs would of stood for a bye so it was either make or break for us to be promoted I think. Valid point there about our depth there runout, we do have some great kids coming through especially in b grade but our A grade stocks our a bit weak but the boys are going to give 100% week in, week out. I do think WRCC would be the perfect club for ambitious, talented players who aren't getting opportunites at stronger clubs (East Albury, Wodonga ect) to establish themselves as A graders with us whether this season or next. Good luck to our boys this weekend!

So there are some one sided matches this week, looks like patties, wodonga and belvoir will all get easy wins. what about tallangatta and albury, will they chase down over 200? looks like wodonga had a kick up the backside from 'the most important person in there team'. does anyone actually like robbie jackson? i know he is good but from an outsiders veiw, he is a selfish player. i dont respect him much but i dont play with or against him, i am interested to find out what opposition a grade players think of him.

So there are some one sided matches this week, looks like patties, wodonga and belvoir will all get easy wins. what about tallangatta and albury, will they chase down over 200? looks like wodonga had a kick up the backside from 'the most important person in there team'. does anyone actually like robbie jackson? i know he is good but from an outsiders veiw, he is a selfish player. i dont respect him much but i dont play with or against him, i am interested to find out what opposition a grade players think of him.

Personally
i like the bloke however I can see why some others dont

Well Belvoir are soaring at the moment. If they win 5 games before christmas that will be very handy. Even with out Nat The Bat they are still putting runs on the board. Good to see Super Sub make a few on the weekend.
Imports are getting settled and doing damage with the bat and ball. Who will be the best import by the end of the year ? That could be a new trophy for CAW to organise.
Well district has been a surpise this year. Some very low scores and not many lop sided games. Wodonga 3XI have been very competive . Bethanga are going about it very quietly. They have done this before but failed after christmas.
Before you jumped down my throat . Lade is making plenty of runs but I wonder if you asked him about the standard now compared to ten years ago what would his answer be. He doesn't have to face the bowling like he did ten years ago .

All quiet on here guys ?? You can't tell me that nothing interesting has been happening ? Watched a bit of Belvoir V Patties on the weekend. Eagles looked good getting early wickets but it went down hill pretty quick.

All quiet on here guys ?? You can't tell me that nothing interesting has been happening ? Watched a bit of Belvoir V Patties on the weekend. Eagles looked good getting early wickets but it went down hill pretty quick.

I honestly cant see belvior being a threat this year. they look fragile in their batting with only nat the bat looking solid and other than cencic with any sort of pace. they havent really beaten anyone with any credentials this year, and they lost to lavi who have mostly second grade players playing. i think they will make finals but lose first game. my final 6 would be east, st pats, wod, tall, belvior, new city.

and hopefully new city beat wodonga in the finsl to show trent ball that may be its better to keep opinions to himself.

Whats everyone verdict so far? Pretty Quiet on here.
One thing i have heard is the balls the competition are using are rubbish?
Any suprises so far?
Biggest dissapointment?

Whats everyone verdict so far? Pretty Quiet on here.
One thing i have heard is the balls the competition are using are rubbish?
Any suprises so far?
Biggest dissapointment?

Balls don't seem to be too bad (at least the two pieces we have been using in 3rds). They are an improvement on the balls we have been given in previous seasons.

Sounds like a bit tension in the local derby over the weekend! Have a bit to say Jenno?? :D
Great to hear isn't. A bit of sledging has never hurt anyone. I'm wondering what the umpires thought of it ? Ball's average would be slipping each week. Can't even get a game in his own team !!! I bet there might be a few extra on lookers this weekend.
I've heard that a blad eagle has been lured into the spiders web before christmas. Can't wait to c how he goes !!!
With the balls they must be staying rock hard with all this runs being made. !!

Is T-Ball's position as rep coach untenable?? He was always going to be in a difficult spot being coach and a player, but when he started off he was one of the first selected, now there will be question marks over whether he deserves his place or not when he does get picked (which I think he should in the t20 stuff). No doubt he's done a great job overseeing the revival of rep cricket but I think he either needs to retire from playing rep and coach, or step down as coach and give it to a guy like Jimmy McNeil. TBall rubs a few up the wrong way and there are always going to be 'boys club' question marks as long as he's in charge.

I'll be getting along to East Albury and Belvoir this weekend, set to be a cracker.

What are everyone's thoughts going into Christmas?
Who will get to 1000 runs first? Jacko or lade
Seems to be an even spread this year with a lot of cricket being decided who is there to play on the day.
Will raiders get a win?

Also heard a whisper that there is a one day final. Any truth in that?

What are everyone's thoughts going into Christmas?
Who will get to 1000 runs first? Jacko or lade
Seems to be an even spread this year with a lot of cricket being decided who is there to play on the day.
Will raiders get a win?

Also heard a whisper that there is a one day final. Any truth in that?

They could be a one day final as there's no cricket australia day weekend . I think .
Raiders will win tomorrow. If they don't they will get one by the end of the season.
Another Pom as landed . 41 degress tomorrow I wonder how he will handle the heat.
Lade to 1000 and retire and coach North next season under Middo of course.
District is providing plenty of action as well . Eskdale doing very well .
Have a great break and hopefully santa deliveries for you !!

Back