Cricket Albury/wodonga

What was the go with the Birallee wicket? 16 wickets for less than 100 runs in 33 overs.......wow! Wodonga would have been a bit nervous at 6/20 chasing 42.

Looks like some of the other games were crackers as well.

What was the go with the Birallee wicket? 16 wickets for less than 100 runs in 33 overs.......wow! Wodonga would have been a bit nervous at 6/20 chasing 42.

Looks like some of the other games were crackers as well.
Feeling deva

^^^^ andrew mann dont think that im having a go at you, but what does the wodonga council and the cricket albury wodonga have to do with raiders putting up a bad wicket? from all reports it was bad last year but worse this year? do raiders have a curator or lots of people pitching in? is it poor pitch makingor lack of knowlege?

Looking forward to Big Bash starting this week. It will be interesting to see if CAW can do it better than Panthers. It's a pity that it's not on CAW Twitter big bash page wonder who looks after that one? Teams look even according to Border Mail. It will be good to watch and have a beer and hang a bit of shit on the boys.

Last edited:
No offense taken mick the more people that ask for the real story the better it is, the raiders do have a curator and he works his but off trying to make the most of what he has got. The short and simple answer is this over the past few years the former presidents and comitee members have had to deal with an extremely difficult former foootball club board, two years ago the council got involved and helped mediate for a fair arrangement, they also pledged assistance to help rectify the damage that had been caused to the two brand new wickets( by the football club)put in late the previous year, paid for by the cricket club, then it was agreed by council to spend about 10k on a new square due to the fact council top dresses the outfield every year in prep for the football season but does sweet fa in the middle. Hence the broken promise line in my last post.
As for bad last year yep it was but if a battler at best like me can bat 20 overs on it then shurley the superstars of the comp could last a bit longer maybe even enjoy the challenge? I was talking to a wodonga player on monday and from all reports some of the shot selection wasnt the best. I think there has been some runs scored there this year, Having said all that.="Mick Donalds, post: 569657, member: 16044"]^^^^ andrew mann dont think that im having a go at you, but what does the wodonga counc.il and the cricket albury wodonga have to do with raiders putting up a bad wicket? from all reports it was bad last year but worse this year? do raiders have a curator or lots of people pitching in? is it poor pitch makingor lack of knowlege?[/QUOTE]
o offe

The pitch doesn't get roped off during the football pre-season?
I would like to know how North Alburys pitch is, what assistance from the council they get?
I also went to a Tallangatta football game out there less then 3 months ago & the guys were running around in shit deep mud, hows it look at rowan park?

ok thanks andrew. it seems that is a constant struggle with football clubs. eveywhere ive been footballers seem to think they are more entitled to be there. and i also have played where we shared with a soccer team and they were perfect and considerate. what is it that makes footballers think they own the grounds. makes me angry.

i see people are starting to talk about st pats and their bad form. i wouldnt be writing them off just yet, we know all you need to do is make finals. they are good enough to beat anyone on any day and some bad form at the start of the season isnt worth worrying about. i think they have a better boling line up this year anyway.

who is the suprise packet this year? i think its how bad tallangatta has started. can they get a few wins in the next couple of games to put themselves back into the finals race?

I would like to know how North Alburys pitch is, what assistance from the council they get?
I also went to a Tallangatta football game out there less then 3 months ago & the guys were running around in shit deep mud, hows it look at rowan park?
The center wicket does get roped off but did u see raiders footy club play over the last couple of years!! Just kidding.. As I said I its a reflection of the conflict that was hapening between the two clubs. That is far better now.. doesnt help when the council puts sand all thru the wicket so its fit to play footy on a wet day. Not sure how they do it at rowan park must have a better relationship with the footy club.

I am not sure what the answers are for the Raiders deck but it isn't fair for them or the comp or cricket. I hope that it gets sorted quickly. Isn't there a few greens keepers in the club?

Another interesting weekend of cricket coming up.
Good to see tallangatta find their feet with a couple of big ins last week with Matt Armstrong and their poms having time to settle in. I think they will be ok having missed a few through the earlier rounds.

Saturday games all look like they will be good battles.

A few points out there for bloggers:

Internationals dominant rep selection againnnnnnn! 5 I think I counted.
Any merit in picking local talent who could perform the same job?

Bats
Kade Brown?
Drew Cameron?
Big Simmo?

Who will be the cellar dwellers?

Great of raiders to get a win. Marmo doing a good job there.

I heard a rumour Belvoir have Sariman returning after a stint in Canberra. They seem to be posting competitive totals.

New city?

Well it doesn't suprise me that Sariman is returning. I think he might have landed a teaching job here.
Marmo is setting the tone for the younger guys and they are slowly learning. Hopefully a win over Albury will get them going again. Two very similar teams.
What's going on in C'Grdae div 1 and 2 combined is what I see on the CAW website. Player numbers are dropping off.?
Gee some guys will have to play 3 days in a row this weekend. Hopefully a bit of rain might help there old bodies.

Huge score by albury this week to highlight what seemed a fantastic round of cricket locally. With the two one day games there will be even more sport to see today. Tallangatta got a much needed win over a highly fancied wodonga.radiers have had a tough couple of weeks. East albury seems to be motoring along to another top finish, st pats decimated North albury.

In district barny chiltern look to be a smoky, my beauty looked strong against Dederang. Baranduda seem to be building momentum after a good win this week and have the line up to push even the best teams.

Good luck to the under 23s today in wang. Filled with district players it's good to see the young country boys have a crack.

Jesus, Albury hitting 378 thats huge. After seeing that i have to laugh at your comment comparing Raiders similar to Albury, big guys dont run.
Looks like St pats are hitting there straps again.
Any games get washed out yesterday?

Jesus, Albury hitting 378 thats huge. After seeing that i have to laugh at your comment comparing Raiders similar to Albury, big guys dont run.
Looks like St pats are hitting there straps again.
Any games get washed out yesterday?
Yeah fair call Wizards. Albury have come along way and seem to be doing the right things. Yeah the Raiders have falling away abit lately but hopefully the kids can learn and maybe grab another win some where.
What's the go at St Pats ? The poor skipper can't win a toss and don't seem to confident in chasing runs.
The Dogs went down aswell pretty even comp amongst the top four or five. It seems the same in the district comp aswell.

Word has at the Rep captain wasn't happy with the treatment he received from the opposition keeper after his dismissal in East v St Pats game on the weekend....!!!
Got a bit heated from all reports.
Anyone at the game fill us in?

So Tallanagatta have hit overdrive. I wonder if they can keep this up for the rest of the season. I saw saturdays game from tea onwards. Torquil was smashing them and had a bit of luck but well batted in the end. 200 is 200 no matter who you are playing. I hope that Raiders can bat out the day and don't get outrighted. Things just aren't going there way lately but like any good club it should make you stronger . Hopefully with Rooter returning it will depth with the bat and ball . Not much being said on here but CAW missed out on T20 final thing so that means they can save a bit of cash and buy some southern cans.

Couple big scores posted & a very impressive double ton.
Will be a few interesting results this weekend..

What is the go with the Rep cricket i notice its not the strongest side?!

Whats everyones ladder predictions now we are a few games in?
Also seems to be a fight for second in the wickets, white seems to have it covered already.
Whats the biggest surprise of the season so far?

Well it appears that the Prov comp has pretty well become a three horse race. North are sitting 4th and they have had some really big loses, so although there may be the odd upset, I would think the winner would come from Paddies, Wodonga or East.

Back