Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erdeljac43

Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Thought i might get a thread up and running. A couple of interesting questions to get the ball rolling:-

How will Raiders fare losing Kinross and Lodding (for half season) this year?

How much success will New City have in the District comp?

How will Belvoir and Mt Beauty go in the Provincial Division?

How much of a future does West Wodonga have now that they are only fielding B and C grade sides?

Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

You have come out firing early erds. These questions will be answered in due course. However, in relation to the raiders and how they will fare this year without Lodding and Kinross. Lodding is a massive loss and is irreplaceable. It might be time for some of the young brigade to come through and step up to the challenge. Kinross is certainly replaceable, however thinning bowling stocks may come back to hurt them against powerful batting line ups.@|

Apparently they have a couple of recruits who can fill the breach, they have a pommie coming over and coupe of lesser known ones switching over from other clubs. Although Lodding's 550 runs are hard to replace:)

Yeah heard that aswell erds. Also heard that they have picked up Craig Turner (all-rounder) and Pete Sanderson (wk/batsmen), Matt Jones (bowler) and Matt Brueshetta (bowler) who by all reports go extremely well and should boulster the line up. Time will tell.@|

million happy;177706 said:
Yeah heard that aswell erds. Also heard that they have picked up Craig Turner (all-rounder) and Pete Sanderson (wk/batsmen), Matt Jones (bowler) and Matt Brueshetta (bowler) who by all reports go extremely well and should boulster the line up. Time will tell.@|
Will be interesting to see who gets the keeping job after Nellie put down a couple of crucial catches in last year grand final.:confused:

I didn't know that erds. I rate him as one of the best keepers in the competition. Also, got wind that Andrew Hill, Andrew Creamer and possibly Brad Sheetz are all disgruntled at Dederang and might be leaving. Sheetz to Belvoir and Hill and Creamer are rumoured to be having a training run at Birrallee Park tomorrow. Hill is a strike opening bowler and Creamer is a useful leg-spinner and a handy top/middle order bat.@|

How much do you think Tallangatta are paying Gary Elliot this year? They must be desperate not to be relegated to the bush.:confused:

Erdeljac43;178565 said:
How much do you think Tallangatta are paying Gary Elliot this year? They must be desperate not to be relegated to the bush.:confused:
who is this gary elliot and is he related to matthew elliot. can u tell me erdeljac of any major player movments so far.

Welcome to the forum Top Pup, good to see this thing catching on - a little anyway. In regards to Garry Elliot, I think he was originally from Wodonga and then had stints at North Albury and Raiders. He is an opening bowler and a handy middle order batsmen, but Tallangatta should invest in a leash or a bit of string aswell to tie around his neck because he has the tendency to go walkabout. Does Tallangatta know that he will be unavailable the week of the Albury show? Also, what is this i hear about Wodonga trying to take over the West Wodonga Warriors. How is it going to work? Are they going to have one team in the Provinicial and one team in the District? What if one gets relegated/promoted into the same competition? Is it also true that Wodonga are only doing it to in effect rob the Warriors of their new gear that they have worked ever so hard to attain? Enlighten us Pup.

million happy;178693 said:
Welcome to the forum Top Pup, good to see this thing catching on - a little anyway. In regards to Garry Elliot, I think he was originally from Wodonga and then had stints at North Albury and Raiders. He is an opening bowler and a handy middle order batsmen, but Tallangatta should invest in a leash or a bit of string aswell to tie around his neck because he has the tendency to go walkabout. Does Tallangatta know that he will be unavailable the week of the Albury show? Also, what is this i hear about Wodonga trying to take over the West Wodonga Warriors. How is it going to work? Are they going to have one team in the Provinicial and one team in the District? What if one gets relegated/promoted into the same competition? Is it also true that Wodonga are only doing it to in effect rob the Warriors of their new gear that they have worked ever so hard to attain? Enlighten us Pup.
Interesting to hear that one, have heard there might be a possibility that they might fold at the end of the year. Lets hope for theirs and the comp's sake they get their house in order. Couldnt stand to see Wodonga take over another club, they had a so-called merger with City Colts in the early '90's and basically pinched a couple of their best players|@ . As for Elliot he is as unreliable at best.:rolleyes: :

gee what a start to this thread.rumors a plenty.not sure with raiders they may be pinning all there hopes on the pommy coming over.warriors and wodonga in co-horts is new to me.warriors were a power house and succesful club in early 2000's.they have had a huge player turn over for many reason and if players don't stay the ones that do get older and older.Those players can only run a club for so long. It's hard to build a club when guys don't put up there hands and help. Sometimes a club can be it's own worst enemy.

My theory on cricket albury wodonga is that the best structure is to have say 8 divisions so it's easier to have promotion and relagation.It's how most melbourne comps run and it works well so why don't they have a crack at that. If that's works you can have clubs with 2 sides and still run well.

big guys don't run;178729 said:
My theory on cricket albury wodonga is that the best structure is to have say 8 divisions so it's easier to have promotion and relagation.It's how most melbourne comps run and it works well so why don't they have a crack at that. If that's works you can have clubs with 2 sides and still run well.
Great idea in theory, but i think its too complicated for cricket in our area. After the first couple of seasons the standard of cricket will level out and will be easy to manage. I don't mind the promotion/relegation system for senior cricket, but for the junior competitions i would base each comp on geography. For example Tallangatta and Baranduda juniors would play against clubs in the District region, while Howlong and Wodonga based clubs would play in the Provincial region.@|

Erdeljac43;178743 said:
. For example Tallangatta and Baranduda juniors would play against clubs in the District region, while Howlong and Wodonga based clubs would play in the Provincial region.@|

it's funny you say that with the juniors.the district comp has been the stronger comp for a few years. by zoning it off would even it out alot more.

it will be interesting this season on how mt beauty go.thy have a big player base and the first will depend on the imports.if they make it.also belvior may have to recuirt a few players to be competitive i think there lower grades will be at the bottom end of the ladder.:(

I wonder who from the district competition will step up now that two of the powerhouses in the comp are gone? Dederang would have to be flag favourites now wouldn't they? They have picked up an abundance of players that include Midson from Howlong as coach, Julian Day a wicket-keeper/batsmen and Hore, a pacey opening bowler. Signs are looking extremely promising and with Yack losing numerous amounts of players who are moving away for uni, surely Dederang would have to be installed favourites. Apparantly a few players have also started their team slogan "toot, toot all aboard the ranga train, express to the flag, no ticket required".@| @| @| @|

[?Dederang would have to be flag favourites now wouldn't they? They have picked up an abundance of players that include Midson from Howlong as coach, Julian Day a wicket-keeper/batsmen and Hore, a pacey opening bowler. Apparantly a few players have also started their team slogan "toot, toot all aboard the ranga train, express to the flag, no ticket required".@| @| @| @|[/QUOTE]

well horey off to another club. greg norman would be proud that he has used less clubs in his life time.if he goes i wonder if spoons will go??? the ranga's struggled last year but they should go alright with the new players. There secert is that they train one night in town and that makes it easier for townies. yack may have to spend more neville to pick up players.but who is left?? it's a little bit earier to say what will happen but it maybe a lot closer with out mt beauty and belvior. how bout kiewa ???

million happy;179003 said:
I wonder who from the district competition will step up now that two of the powerhouses in the comp are gone? Dederang would have to be flag favourites now wouldn't they? They have picked up an abundance of players that include Midson from Howlong as coach, Julian Day a wicket-keeper/batsmen and Hore, a pacey opening bowler. Signs are looking extremely promising and with Yack losing numerous amounts of players who are moving away for uni, surely Dederang would have to be installed favourites. Apparantly a few players have also started their team slogan "toot, toot all aboard the ranga train, express to the flag, no ticket required".@| @| @| @|
wen did they change clubs.... midson and hore got brendon morris to the club and have now left, and day signed a 2 year contract wif baranduda how did he get out of that. dont belive it million happy.

Pup, i have talked a bit of sh*t in this forum but if there is one thing that I am certain of, it is this. Would not surprise me if Brendon Morris ended up at Dederang either because they are chasing him hard.

million happy;179037 said:
Pup, i have talked a bit of sh*t in this forum but if there is one thing that I am certain of, it is this. Would not surprise me if Brendon Morris ended up at Dederang either because they are chasing him hard.
soz happy, got the goss of B.morris today and he said they were chasing him but doubts he will go. Fair chance he will end up back home (Kiewa) or even could join raiders to play with the biggest recruit of the season in cgrade his brother is playing. dont be suprised if horey ends up playing in both divisons this year if a club offers an extra $20 mid season

heard it from very close sorce that all those players will be at dederang again
and have been on the front foot with recruiting and have signed a couple of players from rival clubs and should be a real force. any news with baranwartha are they felding A grade?

million happy;178278 said:
I didn't know that erds. I rate him as one of the best keepers in the competition. Also, got wind that Andrew Hill, Andrew Creamer and possibly Brad Sheetz are all disgruntled at Dederang and might be leaving. Sheetz to Belvoir and Hill and Creamer are rumoured to be having a training run at Birrallee Park tomorrow. Hill is a strike opening bowler and Creamer is a useful leg-spinner and a handy top/middle order bat.@|

whats wrong at barny?? toooooo many old guys ??? they should be right this season if it's shorter. Or still unhappy after last season's finals stuff up!!!! ex raider going to dederang(hasn't played in a few seasons buy handy bowler). horey sooked his way up the gap and got what he wanted i guess!!!! let's see high he bats against the better sides????:eek: :eek: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back