Cricket Albury/wodonga

A happy new year to all bloggers.

I've just seen the weather forecast for the next 10 days. 38c tis Saturday - normal its summer, but 46c next Saturday in the shade???? That's nuts!!! Is there a heat policy (mainly for the juniors) in place for CAW?

A happy new year to all bloggers.

I've just seen the weather forecast for the next 10 days. 38c tis Saturday - normal its summer, but 46c next Saturday in the shade???? That's nuts!!! Is there a heat policy (mainly for the juniors) in place for CAW?

Just found this in the Junior Common rules on the CAW website (caw.vic.cricket.com):

"The Junior Coordinator and CAW Pennant Committee will make the decision as to whether play will
commence in the case of extreme heat, smoke or other adverse weather conditions.
These decisions will be made for U12’s by 3.00pm Friday and for U14’s and U16’s by 7am Saturday, and
posted on the Website soon after.
a. On days where extreme heat is called and play is continued then in U14 and U16 competitions, quarters
cricket is recommended.
b. Extra drink breaks are recommended
c. Bowlers may have drinks placed on the boundary line, which can be consumed at the completion of an
over
d. When a batsman is dismissed, drinks maybe taken onto the ground for the fielding side and the not out
batsman.
e. The above strategies need to be completed quickly as not to impact on the minimum number of overs
and the game finishing time."

I'm also not sure if you take any notice of the forecast 10 days away. The forecasters seem to have trouble at times getting the forecast right for the next day, let alone 10 days away :) .

So it's gunna be hot this weekend and maybe next . I remember the good old days when they called c grade off if it was going to get to hot. But hey it's a summer sport.
Can Belvoir find it's form again and push the top sides.
I see Greg " The Head " Norman has a new club. Wondering if he's still employed ?
I'm tipping Kiewa to get better and make the finals and Mt Beauty to win it again.
East to delist one import because he want play 2nds .
Raiders to get a win and young Josh Barrett to take a bag. Their kids are improving each game.
Jackson and Lade to make ducks this weekend.;)
All the best in the new year guys !!!

So it's gunna be hot this weekend and maybe next . I remember the good old days when they called c grade off if it was going to get to hot. But hey it's a summer sport.
Can Belvoir find it's form again and push the top sides.
I see Greg " The Head " Norman has a new club. Wondering if he's still employed ?
I'm tipping Kiewa to get better and make the finals and Mt Beauty to win it again.
East to delist one import because he want play 2nds .
Raiders to get a win and young Josh Barrett to take a bag. Their kids are improving each game.
Jackson and Lade to make ducks this weekend.;)
All the best in the new year guys !!!

Interesting you said that, I see warren marmo has been named in howlong's team. these are the teams he has played for that i no of dederang, north albury, albury, lavi, north again, city colts, howlong. that is a lot in about 5-6 years.

I agree big guys, i tip raiders to knock off albury this week.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Did trent ball say there was a resurgence in rep cricket?
For who? 6 out of the 11 selected in the konica side are imports (not including ashan he is a long servant for caw)
No offence to any of the imports as they are all quality players but how does that truly reflect the strength of our competition. Why rob locals who possess similar talent the opportunity to play a higher level and develop themselves into higher quality players. I can understand 1 or 2 to bolster the side but 6?

Please correct me if I am wrong. Did trent ball say there was a resurgence in rep cricket?
For who? 6 out of the 11 selected in the konica side are imports (not including ashan he is a long servant for caw)
No offence to any of the imports as they are all quality players but how does that truly reflect the strength of our competition. Why rob locals who possess similar talent the opportunity to play a higher level and develop themselves into higher quality players. I can understand 1 or 2 to bolster the side but 6?

Yeah it should be called CAW World XI plus some fill in guys. All those guys who have done the hard yards and travelled get dumped pretty quick. They won't want to play any more and CAW will struggle .

Gotta love East Alburys dilema with imports. Hey mate come to australia and play seconds cricket !! Nice .
Raiders hopefully get over the line this weekend. It will be great for the cubs. Heard a rumor that if they win Jenno will go down dean st in a tellytubby out fit !!!
All the best to those in the heat and hopefully the league is sensible and starts earlier??

I've been away for a couple of months. It looks like the comp has sorted it self out.
Tallangatta have been doing well with Lade on fire early, will be interesting to see if they can contain Wodonga tomorrow. Seems the two new kids on the block have had mixed results, NC have surprised in one dayers but don't have the depth to compete over two weekends. Raiders are struggling as expected but might just knock over Albury, would be good to see.

Good call on Rep boys, how can CAW expect local blokes, especially the young guys to commit when you fill the side with imports – Rep should be restricted to 2 imports if any at all.
And on rep cricket I understand CAW slugged the kids $70 to play country week this year, what do the sponsors pay for? Pay to play when you're a kid, get bumped by imports when you grow up, good one CAW.

Hopefully it's not to hot tomorrow and we see some results.

Wow some intersting results from the weekend. Firstly i thought raiders would get over the line against albury, but well done to albury, second win of the year. but my question is why did they call the game off? surely albury should have kept batting and got practice and match time into their lower order?

East albury are maybe just starting to gel as a real premiership threat. bowling Lavington out for 90? wow! and half their runs were by 1 opener. they obviously batted better in the second innings but still........90!

New city did well to get close, closer than i thought they would get anyway. the bottom part of the ladder looks interesting with belvoir, north, new city and lavi all close. but by the scores it wont matter who scrapes in, they look a long way off in terms of the frontrunners.

As fo rep cricket. i dont understand how there is a threat of getting suspended for not making yourself available if you get snubbed for the first available pom that comes over. yes its good for the league playing against these guys but its no help having them in rep! ONE OF THE EAST ALBURY POMS PLAYED SECONDS!!!!!!!! how can you pick a second grader when there are 10 teams of first graders to pick from? disgusting! surely the league would get more out of 9 locals (and 2 or 3 imports) and losing in the semi final than losing the grand final with 6 imports. AN ASHAN IS NOT AN IMPORT, HE HAS PLAYED HERE LONG THAN MOST BLOKES!!!!!!!

Spot on Mick. I'm sure Ash Borella, Nat Sariman, Ryan Brown, Mitch O'Brien, Kori Stevenson etc would have all got something out of the experience. I wonder how their team will look next year if their aren't many imports in the comp. Lots of unavailables I reckon.

Wow some intersting results from the weekend. Firstly i thought raiders would get over the line against albury, but well done to albury, second win of the year. but my question is why did they call the game off? surely albury should have kept batting and got practice and match time into their lower order?

East albury are maybe just starting to gel as a real premiership threat. bowling Lavington out for 90? wow! and half their runs were by 1 opener. they obviously batted better in the second innings but still........90!

New city did well to get close, closer than i thought they would get anyway. the bottom part of the ladder looks interesting with belvoir, north, new city and lavi all close. but by the scores it wont matter who scrapes in, they look a long way off in terms of the frontrunners.

As fo rep cricket. i dont understand how there is a threat of getting suspended for not making yourself available if you get snubbed for the first available pom that comes over. yes its good for the league playing against these guys but its no help having them in rep! ONE OF THE EAST ALBURY POMS PLAYED SECONDS!!!!!!!! how can you pick a second grader when there are 10 teams of first graders to pick from? disgusting! surely the league would get more out of 9 locals (and 2 or 3 imports) and losing in the semi final than losing the grand final with 6 imports. AN ASHAN IS NOT AN IMPORT, HE HAS PLAYED HERE LONG THAN MOST BLOKES!!!!!!!

ALL CAW GAMES ARE ON(except for the two listed below)
The following will apply

* Drinks can be taken every 40 min
* Players may leave the ground to have drinks in the shade
* The game will cease once a first innings result has been obtained UNLESS
both captains agree to continue playing for bonus points.

ALL CAW GAMES ARE ON(except for the two listed below)
The following will apply

* Drinks can be taken every 40 min
* Players may leave the ground to have drinks in the shade
* The game will cease once a first innings result has been obtained UNLESS
both captains agree to continue playing for bonus points.

Ah ok, fair enough, i didnt know the rule, i thought both captains had to agree to stop, not just one. thanks for that.

Another hot one coming up today. Hopefully the umpires will know the rules this time.
A couple of questions for anyone that knows. What happened to the Gary Tonkin Big Bash and will we see any more Hall of Fame inductions?????

Another hot one coming up today. Hopefully the umpires will know the rules this time.
A couple of questions for anyone that knows. What happened to the Gary Tonkin Big Bash and will we see any more Hall of Fame inductions?????
Unfortunately the Lavi Panthers cricket club decided not to run with the Big Bash this year I hear, but rumour has it that CAW will step in to assist next year and run the Big Bash bigger and better

As a Lavington 3rd grader, the lavington cricket club helped with man power for the big bash. It was Gary Tonkin's idea, and Gary did a lot of work in getting it up and running. As far as I know (and im not on the committee but did help at both Big Bashes) it is not a Lavi thing. Once Gary and his son left, the concept would have been taken with them to Wodonga. I think it's unfair to say they decided not to run it, as it wasn't theirs to run. Snick through Slips, I find it interesting where you get your info from? Can you enlighten us please?

As a Lavington 3rd grader, the lavington cricket club helped with man power for the big bash. It was Gary Tonkin's idea, and Gary did a lot of work in getting it up and running. As far as I know (and im not on the committee but did help at both Big Bashes) it is not a Lavi thing. Once Gary and his son left, the concept would have been taken with them to Wodonga. I think it's unfair to say they decided not to run it, as it wasn't theirs to run. Snick through Slips, I find it interesting where you get your info from? Can you enlighten us please?
Take my hat off to you short and fast for helping out in what was a great concept! My information came from one of the club's leaders who indicated the club needed to focus on their reunion. I think they can only hold the Big Bash at Lavi under lights & lets hope that CAW, Lavi and Tonky Snr can get their act together and get it going again ....anyone else's thoughts?

So whats everyone thoughts to Date. As expected?
East Albury looking strong, James Mcneil has definatly bought something to the club.
Wodonga, Probably a little dissapointing to date, im sure come finals time though they will be super dangerous. Bowling attack good enough?
St Pats, Great bowling attack, young batting line-up has the ability to fall apart, anyone else think this?
Tallangatta, Falling a little bit. Andrew Lade not scoring as many runs as earlier in the year doesnt help. Is there bowling attack good enough aswell?
Lavington For mine have probably exceeded expectations, Sam Harris been Brilliant with the bat.
Belvior now falling to probably where i thought they would be, Very inconsistant though.
New City, imports struggling a bit now, looked very promising earlier in the season. The pick up of John Pratt has been great just not enough depth.
North Albury, Young side which has been competitive, Noticed Farrell didnt play last game, anyone know whats going on there? I think if lead right there future is looking bright.
Albury, have been somewhat disapointing this year, Good players simply havent stood up Etc Dixon, Plummer, Brown. New Coach Same results, in saying that 2 of their bowlers are in the top 5wicket takers
Raiders, Simply need Depth & a few more players definatly been more competitve then i thought at the start of the year, they will get there eventually.

Anyone want to add on that?
Pick a team of the year, all formats of the game?
Premiers?
Jackson, or Lade most runs?

Back