Cricket Albury/wodonga

Who is everyone tipping for first week of finals,
My tips are
Tallangatta to beat Lavington,
North Albury to beat St Pats
Wodonga To beat Belvoir,
Should be a cracking finals series as anyone in the 6 can win it on there day
Been a while since North have beaten Patties I think. I wouldn't be writing them off though. Belvoir a chance to defeat Wodonga. I'm hearing it's not all smooth sailing at the Kennel. Bit of a rumour circulating that Jackson may not play this weekend which will help Belvoirs cause. I also think Tallangatta will defeat Lavington

Tallangatta only just . If it wasn't a home game it could be different.
North have to bat first and set a huge total.
Wodonga over Belvoir. Belvoir will go out in straight sets. I've heard a few things about Jackson and looks like he's not there next year. They have some one lined up not sure who. They ill have to rely on the pups for the next few seasons.
Great batting effort by Raiders in the last game. Let's hope they can fix things up over the off season.

Tallangatta only just . If it wasn't a home game it could be different.
North have to bat first and set a huge total.
Wodonga over Belvoir. Belvoir will go out in straight sets. I've heard a few things about Jackson and looks like he's not there next year. They have some one lined up not sure who. They ill have to rely on the pups for the next few seasons.
Great batting effort by Raiders in the last game. Let's hope they can fix things up over the off season.
So you recon Jackson wont be with Wodonga next year and he has been talking to the Raiders......coincidence?
This should be a ripping finals series!

So you recon Jackson wont be with Wodonga next year and he has been talking to the Raiders......coincidence?
This should be a ripping finals series!
I'm not sure he will be able to coach with his new footy job !!! But would he be interested in starting fresh at Raiders is the other question?
Just wondering if Albury will change there coach ? They have built a solid club but just miss out each season. Maybe a fresh face could get them over the line?
It's going to be a hot weekend so who can handle the heat?

I have heard those rumours too, but I've heard for the past 3 or so seasons Jacko is leaving, but he is still there. I think he'll be at Wodonga next season.
I was at Wodonga v Belvior today & heard Albury are looking for a new captain & coach, maybe the wheels have fallen off again.

Finals over the weekend have been very good viewing. Wodonga tore through Belviors batting line up with not much resistance. The egos at Belvior might be clashing at the wrong time of the year.
North straight out, arguably the best batting line up only scoring 160 at Xavier is a huge let down, very much a failure for them this season.
The one man show out Tallangatta against Lavington, he loves cricket in March.

My tip - Tallangatta v St Pats Grand Final

Not sure he was named in the squad along with Peter Cook. I have a question what is the ruling on how many games you have to play to play finals? Ex Raider has got the call up aswell for Wodonga. Tallangatta looked shaky last week but held it together and got over the line thanks to Mr Finals. Gee they have played some cricket this year. They will put on a huge total and put the Eagles under the pump.

Not sure he was named in the squad along with Peter Cook. I have a question what is the ruling on how many games you have to play to play finals? Ex Raider has got the call up aswell for Wodonga. Tallangatta looked shaky last week but held it together and got over the line thanks to Mr Finals. Gee they have played some cricket this year. They will put on a huge total and put the Eagles under the pump.
Pretty sure to qualify you must have played 6 days of cricket BGDR. Once you have played 11 days in a higher grade you cannot go back in finals unless the higher ranked side is playing.

Thanks for that Fast Man.
Gee what a weekend. Belvoir have finally made it to the big dance and Wodonga keep on getting there. No high scores which was a surprise . To be honest I don't know who to pick. It should be a ripper .
District didn't dissapoint either with Kiewa hanging on by a thread. Eskdale had a little scare but did it in the end. I'm going with Eskdale in another close one. Good luck to all playing in GF's !!!

I wonder how many people outside of us wouldve tipped us to make it to the grand final? i dont think to many wouldve. hopefully a big crown is there.

one little point, and im not trying to start truble but would you call tallangattas season a success? to be bundled out the way they did? and if it wasnt for wheels last game against lavington, ther would ahve lost that to. was spemding money on trent ball a success? intersted to hear peoples thoughts.

I wonder how many people outside of us wouldve tipped us to make it to the grand final? i dont think to many wouldve. hopefully a big crown is there.

one little point, and im not trying to start truble but would you call tallangattas season a success? to be bundled out the way they did? and if it wasnt for wheels last game against lavington, ther would ahve lost that to. was spemding money on trent ball a success? intersted to hear peoples thoughts.

'Grate' spelling Mick.

Admittedly no I didn't see you guys getting, especially after all the rumours about it being unsettled over there.
But well done. I'm now back Belvior to take it out.

Very interesting question. Honestly I think the past couple years they have probably over achieved. There a good side but take out Weighell & Armstrong then how do you rate them?
But they are obviously doing things right so good on them.

What's been the biggest talking point this season?
Best achievement?
Lowest achievement?
What can be changed going into next season?

Well I wouldn't have put Wodonga in the big dance but they are there as well Mick. Hopefully ego's don't get in the way on the weekend and a great game is played.
Biggest talking point ; Raiders performance and weither they will stay in provincal is the main one. But how about going to one dayers next season I'm sure clubs are thinking about this one.
Best achievement; Crawshaw early on was on fire and got St Pats over the line and they ended up pretty good. Also Tallanagatta getting to the big bash final.
Lowest achievment ; Howlong in district being bowled out for 11 . Giving Raiders a break here.
Lots can be changed but in the end CAW have the final say and I'm sure things won't get changed to much. Who know a merger could be on the cards?

It's actually interesting to go back and look at comments from pre-season......Tallangatta was the red hot favourite and Belvoir weren't really considered a chance. This has been the closest season for a while with all 6 top teams capable of beating anyone. Hopefully it is a close game today and the game is played in good spirit.

Gee what a lop sided grand final. Well done Belvoir . I watched them bat on saturday and thought they didn't put enough runs on the board. It was a bit of a dull day and at no stage did either team look on top. Then to see what happened on sunday was tottally different. Belvoir had there trouble through the season but came out on top. Well batted to Vass he held his own and set up a total along with Cameron. Wodonga looked like they lacked bowlers with Dixon and Craig bowling alot. But in the end the Eagles did the same on sunday but the difference was they bowled really well and took wickets.
Belvoir and Wodonga are two of the big clubs in CAW and it showed with a bumper crowd. If you look at Wodonga they only had one side make finals out of five which to me means not much depth. Where as Belvoir had a few sides make it and they did rotate players towards the end of the season so they will still have a good base to work with.
All we are waiting on CAW to make the call on how many teams in Provincal next season?

well well well, didnt want to say i told you so, but we were always very confident we were the best side. it was good to see all the a grade boys a tight team take it to everyone in the comp. just shows what good people in a good club can do. with a good young team there is a really probablity that we will win many grand finals over the next 10 years. well done to all other grand final winners. up the eagles!!!

Back