Cricket Bat Preparation

Jacko1235

Hi everyone I know there are many different opinions on this however what is the best way to prepare a cricket bat. I just bought an english willow cricket bat that has not been pre-prepared or anything like that. The one thing that I support is extratec. Looking at how long it takes to knock in a bat I am thinking about taking it to my local shop and getting them to knock it in for me. I have then heard to apply the extratec and to not apply oil to the area where the extratec will be going (however I thought this would dry the bat out) and give a light coat of oil to the rest of the bat. What is the correct method to oil a cricket bat that has never been oiled before? Thanks for the help

Thanks for the help and the links however with extratec there are different opinions with oiling. This is a new bat should I give the bat one coat of oil all over (including the face) then apply the extratec or should I not oil the place where the extratec will be. Also should I give the back of the bat one coat of oil or two? Thanks

Back