Cricket Victoria - South East Bayside League

I have no strong feelings either way. Some good reasons here why it might not work, but I am interested to see how well it pans out (and equally interested in knowing how its effectiveness will me measured at the end of the season)

I hear they have made an interesting choice as capt/coach, let's hope the McKinnon wicket is better next year, it was an absolute shocker when we played on it last season
Yeh it's Matt Pearson from Chelsea, he knows and gets along with the playing group sure he'll do fine.
Mckinnons wicket is done by the council and with the better curators normally assigned to the subbies clubs it's hit and miss..

Yeh it's Matt Pearson from Chelsea, he knows and gets along with the playing group sure he'll do fine.
Mckinnons wicket is done by the council and with the better curators normally assigned to the subbies clubs it's hit and miss..
Matt's done the rounds then. McKinnon, Hampton (not necessarily in that order), Murrumbeena, Chelsea and back to McKinnon. I like it that there's a premiership photo at McKinnon in the clubrooms which has his first name wrong. I wish him well.

Yeah will be good. The strange thing for me is the grading it looks like our first eleven will be playing in the third division which would be the equivalent of south C1 so what our thirds were playing in when we were in the vtca last

That does sound a bit odd, but it seems as though they have taken a very simplistic view of the grading - although I have only seen the provisional teams in the top grade, from some time ago, so nothing recent. This approach has avoided making any judgements on the strength of any teams - the six senior division clubs plus the grand finalists from South make up the top grade. Other 1st XI clubs in ladder order into the next grade. This meant that Hampton, winless in Senior Division last season, have escaped relegation. I am very curious about the grading (as I guess many are) but all will be revealed, publicly, soon enough I guess.

That does sound a bit odd, but it seems as though they have taken a very simplistic view of the grading - although I have only seen the provisional teams in the top grade, from some time ago, so nothing recent. This approach has avoided making any judgements on the strength of any teams - the six senior division clubs plus the grand finalists from South make up the top grade. Other 1st XI clubs in ladder order into the next grade. This meant that Hampton, winless in Senior Division last season, have escaped relegation. I am very curious about the grading (as I guess many are) but all will be revealed, publicly, soon enough I guess.
Go to their website

Yeah still early days so will see how it all pans out. I don't think we should be in the top division anyways we will be fielding the youngest most inexperienced side I have seen in my 14 years so maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Just have to get our head around playing the sides that our 3s made the grand final against.

CSB Fixture.jpg

This was the draft grading put out a couple of months ago.

Kinda looks like...

A Turf (Championship Division) = Senior Division 6 + South Grand Finalists
B Turf (Division One) = Rest of South Division
C Turf (Division Two) = Top half of last year's Senior/South Seconds
D Turf (Division Three) = Bottom half of last year's Senior/South Seconds
E Turf (Division Four) = South C1

Regarding the playing dates, I am also curious about the rounds 8 & 9 T20 games. The example shows two games at South Caulfield, and it makes sense to play this round at a venue like that as there are two adjacent grounds. But very few clubs have that luxury. McKinnon, Bonbeach Tangy, maybe Brighton District, who else? If there aren't two clubs with adjacent grounds what happens? Two of the competing clubs would need to move from one ground to another during the day - could this mean nearby clubs, such as Carnegie and Murrumbeena?

I could imagine that hosting four 1st XI clubs at a single venue could see bar takings increase after the match, but there aren't too many clubs able to offer two adjacent grounds.

Back