Cricket Victoria - South East Bayside League

Cream found it's way to the top pretty quickly in finals. Mueller and King kept 2nd and 3rd in the mix, if they went back to Caulfield and Mordi would make it even more one sided. 2 days of cricket and the ramp was the highlight?

Cream found it's way to the top pretty quickly in finals. Mueller and King kept 2nd and 3rd in the mix, if they went back to Caulfield and Mordi would make it even more one sided. 2 days of cricket and the ramp was the highlight?
Not all , just couldn't believe it. South who's bowlers had been out of sorts returned to form at the right time, although Perera broke down with a side strain. The wicket was a belter and in the words of one South bat " if we batted first at that rate we would have made 600 " The South openers always go for it and it was great to watch. It's only one season, but the competition is run very professionally and will only improve. It's the way to go the way the traffic is now on a Saturday. The relics at some Subbie's clubs need to get with the times.

Not all , just couldn't believe it. South who's bowlers had been out of sorts returned to form at the right time, although Perera broke down with a side strain. The wicket was a belter and in the words of one South bat " if we batted first at that rate we would have made 600 " The South openers always go for it and it was great to watch. It's only one season, but the competition is run very professionally and will only improve. It's the way to go the way the traffic is now on a Saturday. The relics at some Subbie's clubs need to get with the times.

No doubt the comp is run well and I am sure the clubs are much happier than when they were VTCA South. My point is the top grade is very uneven, 5th were miles behind 3rd, the flag is SCCC's to lose for the next 5 years if the club mix stays the same. In it's current state the comp lacks relevence. I am far from in the know but I doubt Subbies is going anywhere. SBOCC and Taylors Lakes were great ins for Sunshine and RPB, there was a tie between 1st and 6th in week 1 of the finals, top side got rolled in week 2 in the other div, comp couldn't be looking any stronger at the minute. Let's see where it's all at in 12 months time.

No doubt the comp is run well and I am sure the clubs are much happier than when they were VTCA South. My point is the top grade is very uneven, 5th were miles behind 3rd, the flag is SCCC's to lose for the next 5 years if the club mix stays the same. In it's current state the comp lacks relevence. I am far from in the know but I doubt Subbies is going anywhere. SBOCC and Taylors Lakes were great ins for Sunshine and RPB, there was a tie between 1st and 6th in week 1 of the finals, top side got rolled in week 2 in the other div, comp couldn't be looking any stronger at the minute. Let's see where it's all at in 12 months time.
SCCC have 3 retired or moving and another 2 are doubtful .

In it's current state the comp lacks relevence. I am far from in the know but I doubt Subbies is going anywhere.
What makes a comp relevant or not?
I would have thought every comp and division is relevant to those playing it.
CSB, Subbies, SECA, DDCA are all just community cricket comps nothing more..

What makes a comp relevant or not?
I would have thought every comp and division is relevant to those playing it.
CSB, Subbies, SECA, DDCA are all just community cricket comps nothing more..

I didn't say it was irrelevant, just lacks relevance today. CV are on the record stating the goal for the regional comps is to be the best below premier and they are not that at the minute, just South Caulfield's play thing until something changes.

I've heard some big outs for SC with a few more out too;

Ash Russell - gone to Torquay
Michael De Iacovo - off to St Kilda CC
Anthony Grey - Retired
Matt Daykin - Sydney

The keeper might be moving on to higher grades too

Big shoes to fil.

I've heard some big outs for SC with a few more out too;

Ash Russell - gone to Torquay
Michael De Iacovo - off to St Kilda CC
Anthony Grey - Retired
Matt Daykin - Sydney

The keeper might be moving on to higher grades too

Big shoes to fil.
Well done, half the cricket world new that at Xmas

You will give 4, what's your problem anyway, they have good replacements in Prowse and Currey and you would think a couple more will be brought in, that's how it works.

A min 2 of the above mentioned players will stay.

Plus Daykin was in Sydney all of last year so what's to say that won't go around again.

Discussions with possible local replacements already under way.
Let alone overseas players which will be an easy get for all clubs due to the ashes being out here..

Suggest everyone worry about their backyard...

C u all Friday night for a sip...

Looking forward to seeing who Bonbeach recruit next season. They have thrown cash at guys from Premier Cricket, Minor Counties and First Class Cricket in the past 3-4 years and come up short again this year.

How old is De Iocovo from South Caulfield? Be great to see him have a crack at St Kilda.

Back