D Grade And Below 2013/2014

North Eltham F Grade left themselves open to be included on this, on the weekend. The made our piddly score look mountainous in the first innings (130 odd), before declaring to "attempt" an outright :oops::rolleyes:

150ish in 15 over? They were 4 for nowhere near close before they shut up shop. It was an uncertain performance, I thought. Not one you'd expect from a finals side. The way they were batting, if our captain had put himself on (a spinner), I'm certain it would been 6 fa in no time, then anything could've happened!

Negative, negative batting. So negative our captain put on a bloke, who hardly ever bowls. Might get a spell a year. Pies. He bowled 2 overs for...

...2 maidens! :eek:

This guy, if goes for 5 an over, is actually having a good day. 2 maidens? Bloody hell!

NE F grade would want to step up in training this week. They've got to eradicate their negative attitude which seeped in on Saturday. Didn't bat well, passable on bowling (Our second innings, would've been game winning in the first). Their spinner is by a long way, their best bowler. I don't know who their opposition is, but already I'm saying they're favourites.

Whoever their opposition is, try not to laugh too hard at Mr Hokey Pokey. You'll know who I'm talking about. ;)

That same NE F grade team just beat Epping who lost one game all year. Maybe you caught them out on a bad day?

Oh yeah, post now. After the fact. There was 5 days between my post and the first day's play! Where were you in that period? I had a look at the scorecard. It's a completely different team to what we played the previous week!

The top team has only won 1 flag so far this year...

C Grade: 3rd beat 1st
D Grade: 3rd beat 4th
E Grade: 1st beat 2nd
F Grade: 2nd beat 4th
G Grade: 3rd beat 4th
H Grade: 4th beat 3rd

The top team has only won 1 flag so far this year...

C Grade: 3rd beat 1st
D Grade: 3rd beat 4th
E Grade: 1st beat 2nd
F Grade: 2nd beat 4th
G Grade: 3rd beat 4th
H Grade: 4th beat 3rd

And that's all they will win -
Barclay: Lower Eltham 2nd beat Diamond Creek 1st
Money: Bundoora United 3rd beat Eltham 4th
B Grade: Mill Park 2nd beat Thommo United 1st

Just a shout out to anyone from Thommo. I had nfi the season had been "launched". Didn't even know Epping had a Hogs Breath Café. I'll see ya when I make my way there :cool:

Back