Drift

yeah... it does kill it.. but i find for me that if its not a cross-seam leg break, but more like a wobbly outswinger from a medium pacer, it still goes a little, but nowhere near as far.
i bowl between 68-72 km/hour, building up my action to get up to 75km/hour hopefully. can drop below this for tailenders who get lost when the ball is above eyeline, but stock ball is around 70.

unfortunately i don't have a camera myself but i'll ask around and see if someone has got one and see what i can do for you...currently living away from home to attend uni, so when i go home to visit the family i'll try and get a hold of our camera...or get the cricket club to video my action for me when i am back at home.

yeah... it does kill it.. but i find for me that if its not a cross-seam leg break, but more like a wobbly outswinger from a medium pacer, it still goes a little, but nowhere near as far.
i bowl between 68-72 km/hour, building up my action to get up to 75km/hour hopefully. can drop below this for tailenders who get lost when the ball is above eyeline, but stock ball is around 70.

That's interesting that's kind of up at the higher end of my bowling speed (70 kph).

that was my max speed this time last yr as well...with my stock being between 60-65 until i had a chat with a young victorian spinner and he spoke to me about the benefits of the change down in pace, rather than having to change up. also seeing as that is getting further towards the speed of the state level bowlers here, thought that it would be worth a go, and find it more comfortable at that speed. Makes sure i get my whole body through my action :)

that was my max speed this time last yr as well...with my stock being between 60-65 until i had a chat with a young victorian spinner and he spoke to me about the benefits of the change down in pace, rather than having to change up. also seeing as that is getting further towards the speed of the state level bowlers here, thought that it would be worth a go, and find it more comfortable at that speed. Makes sure i get my whole body through my action :)

Andrew,

How did you estimate your bowling speed? And if you are looking to get a video, smartphones these days have cameras that can easily suffice, you don't really need a proper camera to shoot the video

my bowling speed was calculated by a speed gun that was at a coaching session that i attended, and worked my action up from the 60-65 to the 70 mark. Ah, thank you shrek, i am hopeless with technology... can find an internet site and thats about all!

my bowling speed was calculated by a speed gun that was at a coaching session that i attended, and worked my action up from the 60-65 to the 70 mark. Ah, thank you shrek, i am hopeless with technology... can find an internet site and thats about all!

Is anyone good at maths that would know how to convert "If a ball travels 22yards in 2.3 seconds how fast is that in MPH"?

With regards to drift. The commentators have been talking about, getting more drift when the bowler is closer to the umpire at the point of release. I'd never heard this before, what do you guys think?

Back