'Driving The Hips' Video

Re: 'Driving The Hips' Video

You appear to bowl mid-on and front-on in equal proportions; a couple with mixed actions, one practically side-on. You need to correct the mixed action first. Is there any chance of getting a video from the front?

The hip drive is much improved, though you turn your knee in on a couple of times; try to keep everything going forward and increase the pace of the drive through. It all takes time so don't worry too much about it, keep practising.

Would you say the video captures your full run up or have you cut it down to fit your garden?

That's not a problem, I know a lot of bowlers who bowl with short run ups. However, it would be good to see your full run up and follow through though sometime. It would give me a better idea of your full action.

ok thanks but could you just give me feedback on my action and how to improve to get more speed.

From what you have given me, there is not more that I can say than:

Liz Ward said:
You appear to bowl mid-on and front-on in equal proportions; a couple with mixed actions, one practically side-on. You need to correct the mixed action first. Is there any chance of getting a video from the front?

The hip drive is much improved, though you turn your knee in on a couple of times; try to keep everything going forward and increase the pace of the drive through. It all takes time so don't worry too much about it, keep practising.

Would you say the video captures your full run up or have you cut it down to fit your garden?

Yeh well isnt there any technique on how I can increase my hip drive. I know you said move forward quickly but it just doesnt happen quick enough.

Auzayr said:
...but it just doesnt happen quick enough.

It does not happen quick enough because you are not coming through straight. The rotation of your right hip has the knock on effect of turning your knee in and flicking your foot out.

There really is not anything more I can say. There is no such thing as a quick fix... practise, practise, practise. When you can move though straight, then concentrate on pace, then practise more.

Could you please send me a picture or video of someone professional or not professional driving through straight so I can just see visually?

All international quality fast bowlers drive through straight. Your back foot goes across your body, whereas you should look to take it in a straight line, such as along the path you are bowling on - notice how your back leg currently takes you off the path.

Back