DVCA Barclay Shield 2010/11

Re: DVCA Barclay Shield 2010/11

PremiersAgain;407805 said:
Firstly champ my profile is far from a secret on here.

Oh my understanding is more than a few recieved this email last year. I would have thought that when you emailed your whole club, this would have rendered the email public and not private!

Just a question though. If your form is not up to the lofty hights of your reputation and somehow you get dropped will you please post your winging on bigcricket instead of email. I feel as we are all part of the bigcricket community we deserve to hear the truth....

Oh come on, just posted it! He has already said he doesn't care. We all want some comic relief!

PremiersAgain;407805 said:
Firstly champ my profile is far from a secret on here.

Oh my understanding is more than a few recieved this email last year. I would have thought that when you emailed your whole club, this would have rendered the email public and not private!

Just a question though. If your form is not up to the lofty hights of your reputation and somehow you get dropped will you please post your winging on bigcricket instead of email. I feel as we are all part of the bigcricket community we deserve to hear the truth....

i can handle being dropped on form. doesn't concern me at all.

riversidestrangler;407849 said:
3rds cricketer expecting to walk straight into the ones...???
Tickets, tickets please.....
Pity we have to wait until round 11...

riversidestrangler;407849 said:

Maybe it was due to one of the following reasons:

* Lack of performance?
* Lack of ability.?
* Lack of respect from team mates.?
* Thinking you're better than you are.?
* Lack of respect to the coach.?
* Not training hard enough?
* Disrespecting teammates ?
* Worried more about yourself than the team?
* Sending spam emails to the club?
* Purely and simply because you're not liked.

Or all of the above?

Its very easy to blame other people for YOU being dropped. Ever thought that it was YOUR fault.

Tongs;407879 said:
Maybe it was due to one of the following reasons:

* Lack of performance?
* Lack of ability.?
* Lack of respect from team mates.?
* Thinking you're better than you are.?
* Lack of respect to the coach.?
* Not training hard enough?
* Disrespecting teammates ?
* Worried more about yourself than the team?
* Sending spam emails to the club?
* Purely and simply because you're not liked.

Or all of the above?

Its very easy to blame other people for YOU being dropped. Ever thought that it was YOUR fault.

Seriously can we move on. Jeez tongs stop stirring this back up. 21 days is all we have to wait until round 1.

I am personally loving the 4 piece cod at preseason training.

riversider;408008 said:
Seriously can we move on. Jeez tongs stop stirring this back up. 21 days is all we have to wait until round 1.

I am personally loving the 4 piece cod at preseason training.

I heard that the siders haven't trained with the 4 piece ball?

Riversidestrangler are you sure you will be fit for round one with all the chest beating you have been doing on here you will be lucky you don't have broken ribs, at the very least surely you will have to bat in a chest guard.

Tongs is still the biggest tool on this site.

Vilos;408013 said:

Riversidestrangler are you sure you will be fit for round one with all the chest beating you have been doing on here you will be lucky you don't have broken ribs, at the very least surely you will have to bat in a chest guard.

I'd argue you are clearly a bigger tool, Burgs!

Vilos;408013 said:

If we get the hot weather that we have the last few years there is going to be a truckload of runs scored after christmas with a 4 piece ball. Grounds with no grass, and the ball not swinging, there are going to be some very very long days in the field.

Burgs you only bag people on here because no one can understand you in person!

Tongs;408025 said:
If we get the hot weather that we have the last few years there is going to be a truckload of runs scored after christmas with a 4 piece ball. Grounds with no grass, and the ball not swinging, there are going to be some very very long days in the field.

The 4 piece ball still swings. I rate the swing from a 4 piece more dangerous. Ask yourself this question, how wide is a bat? How much do u need the ball to move to take the batsmans edge or beat the bat, hit the pad or bowl someone? A few cm's is more than enough. In most cases the ball will swing late in the delivery making it harder for the batsman to read and adjust his shot accordingly. As opposed to a two piece swinging from the hand IMO.
Reverse swing can not be inderestimated either, provided you have someone who knows how to prepare the ball so it reverse swings. Worth every club doing some research on this one.
That said I am sure you will see some big scores when this doesn't occur and bowlers get their lines wrong.

Vilos;408013 said:

Yeah I have a bit of work to do to get myself right for round one. Never beat my own drum merely replied back to direct insults with facts, one could call this being sucked in on my behalf. As 100% bull said, I should have just told him to f*** of. The ribs are recovering well should be alright.

Tongs;408025 said:

This is why I like you Quinny one of those rare gifted sportsman were his sledging talent far outweighs any ability he has on the field in any sport.

riversidestrangler;408066 said:
Yeah I have a bit of work to do to get myself right for round one. Never beat my own drum merely replied back to direct insults with facts, one could call this being sucked in on my behalf. As 100% bull said, I should have just told him to f*** of. The ribs are recovering well should be alright.

Just thought I would point out that you announced your own arrival to the competition via this forum.

Vilos;408151 said:
This is why I like you Quinny one of those rare gifted sportsman were his sledging talent far outweighs any ability he has on the field in any sport.

Spot on! But at the same time, at least i am happy to admit that i struggle. I don't go around BC telling people how good I am! At least I am honest!

We have always had a very good sledging match you and i, but as long as you can have a beer and dart after the game all is good.

Heard you have rolled over a few spinners recently? Are you adding a new weapon to your arsenal?

Tongs;408164 said:
Spot on! But at the same time, at least i am happy to admit that i struggle. I don't go around BC telling people how good I am! At least I am honest!

We have always had a very good sledging match you and i, but as long as you can have a beer and dart after the game all is good.

Heard you have rolled over a few spinners recently? Are you adding a new weapon to your arsenal?

Rubbish, absolute rubbish cleary the worst bowler there they dipped but didn't spin. Aloi called me honest but harmless not great for the ego.

Hope your back will hold up to the rigors of the strokeplay you will be displaying this.

Tipping comps on again, add your name to the list if your keen to have a go.

Probably the first time you have shown even the slightest hint of humility 'Vilos'... Saturday night they were ripping dipping Peter Taylor's!

Vilos;408520 said:
Rubbish, absolute rubbish cleary the worst bowler there they dipped but didn't spin. Aloi called me honest but harmless not great for the ego.

Hope your back will hold up to the rigors of the strokeplay you will be displaying this.

Opener2;408856 said:
Probably the first time you have shown even the slightest hint of humility 'Vilos'... Saturday night they were ripping dipping Peter Taylor's!

Tipping they would trouble you at this stage.

So, do we play next Saturday, or defer to teh Sunday or reschedule to later in the season ? Plenty of head scratching and tough decisions to be made by the old fuddy-duddies on the administration !

Back