Dvca - How Do We Make It Better - A Bigcricket Going Forward Forum

whichever way you look at it, the clubs voted in what they have all wanted for years.......160 over GF, SF, same playing conditions as we play all season, now next year we just need to put up a RCP to make all finals sat/sat, inc semi, with 2nd week sunday a reserve day.
How can you say clubs voted in what they wanted when 17 clubs voted against it but it wasn't enough?

How can you say clubs voted in what they wanted when 17 clubs voted against it but it wasn't enough?
A 160 over Grand Final cannot be challenged for fairness. In a 120 over game the side batting first has a tremendous advantage. Think about it. Assuming the side batting first bats 120 the bowlers on day 2 know they only have to bowl 40 and have a week off so they can go balls out. Then the side batting second makes a fresh start against bowlers that have had a week off. There has to be a good reason to change the Grand Final conditions from the Home and Away conditions. Not too many sports do that and neither should park cricket.

Coloured Clothing - What are peoples thoughts for wearing coloured tops in seniors next season like the juniors?

I think the coloured tops look great on the kids and we should follow suit into seniors now.

Coloured Clothing - What are peoples thoughts for wearing coloured tops in seniors next season like the juniors?

I think the coloured tops look great on the kids and we should follow suit into seniors now.

like it, not sure that we should go away from the all white totally though. maybe coloured tops for the one dayers, teams do look good in the 20/20 wearing colours.

how about some forward thinking in relation to 20/20's too. I noticed the past few weekends have been totally 20/20 at district cricket, 2nd's match at 12pm followed by the 1st's at 3pm. (not exactly sure of times).

will we ever think outside the box in the DVCA? A day of watching your own club play ie 1st's and 2nd's would be great. even the chance for the 1st's to cheer on the 2nd's and vice versa.

With clubs also attempting to attract womens teams, could we possibly start our normal saturdays earlier ie 12pm and finish at 5, with a womens or junior 20/20 to follow, even a 4th XI 20/20 on saturday night would be great!! and im not saying these should be every week, just once or twice a year

**maybe even play a 5.30pm 20/20 saturday night match instead of sunday fixtures, for the lower grades at least

Coloured tops for one day games from next season onwards is being discussed by the exec at the end of season review.

I'm for it. Think it's a good move, but we need to keep some tradition in the 2 day games for me.

T
Coloured tops for one day games from next season onwards is being discussed by the exec at the end of season review.

I'm for it. Think it's a good move, but we need to keep some tradition in the 2 day games for me.
I like the idea, the only issue I have is there are a number of sides that have red in their shirts and this caused issues when making the junior shirts for a number of clubs.

T
I like the idea, the only issue I have is there are a number of sides that have red in their shirts and this caused issues when making the junior shirts for a number of clubs.

Simple solution - All designs of kids tops had to be approved by the comp in the first place, so we make it that the same tops need to be used in senior cricket.

A couple might need a bit of tweaking here and there, but I don't reckon it's a big problem.

Not big enough to stand in the way of bringing the initiative in, anyway.

I reckon you'd be able to pick white ball easier at 9 out of 10 grounds.
At Lower Eltham, Riverside, Eltham, Diamond Creek etc etc you have a red ball coming out of bushland from at least one end. Whilst at Bundoora you have a red roof behind the bowling hand. Yet no sight screen provided, don't see a need for them with either rock to be honest.

s
so are you going to provide the sight screens? because white balls won't be easy to pick up, especially at diamond creek from the street end!

Lets get this up and going again!
what are thoughts on Sheffield Shield like playing tops? starting to come in for the juniors, some clubs have it spot on, (St Francis, Monty, NEW to name a few), could this be a good idea for senior cricket?

OK, this has been mentioned for years and I would like some comment.

Inequality in the DVCA draw - yes, we play everyone once for the season, but the advantage of playing certain sided in 2 day games, rather than in a 1 day game is ridiculous.

Should we play 2 Sat / Sun games in each grade, (1 prior to, and 1 after Xmas) so that all games are 2 day games?

Example, our 2's rolled Boro for 22 in round 1, and settled for 6 points, at 2.30pm. 10 was surely on the table.
2 rounds later, Boro 2's get done outright.

Don't know how you address this really. People don't want to play Saturday Sunday. Not the only comp that suffers from this. Unless you have an 8 side grade and play everyone in a 1 and 2 dayer what can you do? And even when you do fixture it out, it only takes a day or two of rain at the wrong time and the inequalities are back.

Most of my team would rather play the Sat-Sun games and have a fair draw, at least whenever it has been discussed that has been the consensus... Not sure on other clubs?

Don't know how you address this really. People don't want to play Saturday Sunday. Not the only comp that suffers from this. Unless you have an 8 side grade and play everyone in a 1 and 2 dayer what can you do? And even when you do fixture it out, it only takes a day or two of rain at the wrong time and the inequalities are back.

Our club is in favour of Sat/Sun games, but fixturing would have to be careful. I would do it the last game before Xmas, as sides struggle for availability during the spring carnival, and then another as the last game of the year, get the comp buzzing just before finals.

I understand the argument regarding rain, but that would (90%) of the time, effect all matches.

I agree with the 8 team comp, but could not see the current bottom 4 in Barclay voting for it.
1 x 8 and 2 x 10 (east & west) would see all 1's playing against each other if we can attract another 4 sides. And then all would play each other on an equal field.

I'm not for the Saturday Sunday games, I absolutely hated playing them. I also enjoy playing one day games. Yet, I do get that the draw isn't fair as such, bit I'm not sure of how to rectify it.

And if you did have Saturday Sunday games, the last one before Christmas is the worst one possible. It's hard enough with functions etc around that time of yeah, people with families, the week before Christmas is a nightmare.

Ok, maybe not that weekend, maybe late November.
That, or limiting the number of teams in a division is the only way.
1 supergroup of 8 - Premier division
2 second tier groups of 10 - East & West - winner of each division plays off to go up to top tier - or bottom two from top tier come down and both go up.

Back