Dvca, Nmca And Hdca To Merge

Which Association Clubs will benefit the most from this merger

• Total voters
Is it true that the DVCA approached the NMCA and suggested the merger idea?

Interesting Turbo, I was actually speaking to a bloke the other day, he is on the steering committee (seniors only) and from Jika I had never met him before and our meeting had nothing to with cricket, the conversation turned to cricket, I told him I play in a local side, now the Vets and when he told me what he was doing I told him I had heard that the DVCA had already voted that we want nothing really to do with it, he said he had heard that and was surprised as it was a certain person (I will not name names although he did) he said in the initial meetings that the DVCA want this and any club that does not join can f&%k off (his words), he also mentioned that by not joining they would be in the minority and by that fact virtually forced to join or shrivel up and waste away to a memory. This bloke seemed very credible and did not know that I actually knew more than I was letting on. He finished off by re-iterating that he was surprised that a person that high up on the executive would say things like that.

He also stated that if the vote was true (I told him that I believe its a 100% guarentee) that the four big clubs in the HDCA have indicated that if the NCL does not come off they would apply to join the DVCA, this would leave only small clubs and nearly dissolve the comp. I told him that that was interesting and those clubs may reconsider that option now that we have a promotion/relegation system and they would be forced to come throgh the lower grades, and considering we have two clubs with thier 1st in B Grade which was our third tier comp then if approved would probably be through there.

Doubt me if you want, this shocked me that where I was that day I actually came across this bloke and may seem quite co-incidental, take it as you will

Interesting times ahead........

Not here to argue the merits of the NCL either way - just had a look to catch up with what is going on in the area. However I would like to address some stories going around. In relation to what CC has posted above about the 4 big HDCA clubs - this couldn't be further from the truth. I can say for a fact - to dispell one of these rumours - that the 'so-called' big 4 of Banyule, Rosanna, Edinburgh and Heidelberg (I'm sure Rosebank would be offended by not being included) have no intention of leaving the HDCA in the forseeable future. I can say this as a committee member of Heidelberg and as a HDCA MC member who has spoken to representatives of the the other 3 in the past few days.

Further to some of the posts on here, if the DVCA member clubs were to oust any of those who were involved in the NCL it would, in my opinion, be a small-minded and approach. From experience, competitions don't find people of the calibre of Marwood and Mark that easily - with apologies to Michael Atkins as I haven't had a great deal of interaction with him. It would be foolhearty to throw the 'baby out with the bath water' so to speak. If this is to happen, good luck to those who replace these men - you will need it. Comparing being a committe member of a club to that of a competition exec is like chalk and cheese. Everyone thinks they can do better but when you are making decisions that are effecting more than 1000 people at a time -all with competing interests - it is not that easy.

I can only speak on behalf of the HDCA but reports of our demise as a result of this couldn't be further from the mark. As pointed out at the meeting at Banyule, unlike the DVCA and NMCA we have more sides now(seniors and juniors) than what we had 5 years ago, so hopefully we are heading in the right direction.

Finally, good luck to all this season, especially Brad and his Bulls!:)

Not here to argue the merits of the NCL either way - just had a look to catch up with what is going on in the area. However I would like to address some stories going around. In relation to what CC has posted above about the 4 big HDCA clubs - this couldn't be further from the truth. I can say for a fact - to dispell one of these rumours - that the 'so-called' big 4 of Banyule, Rosanna, Edinburgh and Heidelberg (I'm sure Rosebank would be offended by not being included) have no intention of leaving the HDCA in the forseeable future. I can say this as a committee member of Heidelberg and as a HDCA MC member who has spoken to representatives of the the other 3 in the past few days.

Further to some of the posts on here, if the DVCA member clubs were to oust any of those who were involved in the NCL it would, in my opinion, be a small-minded and approach. From experience, competitions don't find people of the calibre of Marwood and Mark that easily - with apologies to Michael Atkins as I haven't had a great deal of interaction with him. It would be foolhearty to throw the 'baby out with the bath water' so to speak. If this is to happen, good luck to those who replace these men - you will need it. Comparing being a committe member of a club to that of a competition exec is like chalk and cheese. Everyone thinks they can do better but when you are making decisions that are effecting more than 1000 people at a time -all with competing interests - it is not that easy.

I can only speak on behalf of the HDCA but reports of our demise as a result of this couldn't be further from the mark. As pointed out at the meeting at Banyule, unlike the DVCA and NMCA we have more sides now(seniors and juniors) than what we had 5 years ago, so hopefully we are heading in the right direction.

Hey Russ, how come you didnt end up a Bulls player?

Big mail boys, I hear most of the DVCA board have or will resign before or at their AGM!!! And we are a bunch of rabble!!!
This is the funniest thing i have ever hear( if true) the powerhouse losses all its commitee!!!!!!! Geez they must be good to lose all them blokes! give me a break they are just as bad as we are and yes they approached us to merge!! DVCA JOKE!! thats their new comp name. hhhaaaaa i can't get over it!​

Big mail boys, I hear most of the DVCA board have or will resign before or at their AGM!!! And we are a bunch of rabble!!!
This is the funniest thing i have ever hear( if true) the powerhouse losses all its commitee!!!!!!! Geez they must be good to lose all them blokes! give me a break they are just as bad as we are and yes they approached us to merge!! DVCA JOKE!! thats their new comp name. hhhaaaaa i can't get over it!​

And you still can't work out why no one wants to play cricket with you?

Big mail boys, I hear most of the DVCA board have or will resign before or at their AGM!!! And we are a bunch of rabble!!!​

Nearly as funny as your attempt to put a legible sentence together:rolleyes:

Cheers mate, be good to put this issue to bed and look forward to what's important, Spring Carnival......

He also stated that if the vote was true (I told him that I believe its a 100% guarentee) that the four big clubs in the HDCA have indicated that if the NCL does not come off they would apply to join the DVCA, this would leave only small clubs and nearly dissolve the comp. I told him that that was interesting and those clubs may reconsider that option now that we have a promotion/relegation system and they would be forced to come throgh the lower grades, and considering we have two clubs with thier 1st in B Grade which was our third tier comp then if approved would probably be through there.

Interesting you say this, you only have to look at what has happened at the last two clubs to move from the HDCA to the DVCA to realise why it would be stupid for one of (or all of) the big four to make the move across to the DVCA.

Hey Russ, mate I have no idea if what he was saying was true but I posted exactly what he said, I could not give a rats but if history is anything then more clubs from HDCA and NMCA will try and jump ship, hell its been happening for a few years now why all of a sudden would it stop, has the reasons for all the ship jumpers over the years changed.....doubt it.

Your opinion on getting rid of executive members can stay in the HDCA, really some people you have mentioned have gone against wishes and intent and held their own agenda in the NCL bullshit. So you would keep people running an organisation that they actually do not want, really? Dunno if I want that sort of acceptance of ridiculas in the DVCA.

Most people on clubs committees KNOW that replacing them will not be easy but you do not hold onto someone that actually wants the competitions demise in its current structure against most (if not all) clubs wishes. I get the feeling that most poeple with opinions on this NCL thing are actually a part of a club and understand what it takes to run a competition, I do however 100% agree with you, replacing some people will be hard.

But in regards to the DVCA:

Replacing the President would not be that a difficult job, he is really the figure head of the executive, I suspect (hope) that someone already on the executive would stand up.

Replacing the Administrator - Hell this is a highly paid position, IMO he has not really done a fantastic job (I am probably comparing him to Mashy, who, again IMO was excellent) Hopefully someone out there has the time and wants the money and can do the job....

Replacing Marlwood (junior admin) - Here is the position that I think will be hard to replace, as many know, junior committees are usually made up of parents if kids associated/playing. BUT in reality the TWO administer positions can be done by the same person, they are both renumerated. FInd the right person, with the right amount of time and all is good.

Yeah its not a perfect situation for the DVCA to be in, but the feeling I get, if correctly handled would work out OK and maybe for the better, if it doesn't well we will see but 25 strong clubs working together (which they have started to) will probably pull through.

Does anyone on this DVCA forum think that we should close this thread down to get rid of all the HDCA and NMCA lost souls posting their some what mis-guided thoughts in the belief that we actually give a toss about their opinion...?!?!

THIS IS THE DVCA:cool:

Go to your NCL or HDCA or NMCA or what ever forum......we are through with you and voted you to knick off. :mad:

Interesting Turbo, I was actually speaking to a bloke the other day, he is on the steering committee (seniors only) and from Jika I had never met him before and our meeting had nothing to with cricket, the conversation turned to cricket, I told him I play in a local side, now the Vets and when he told me what he was doing I told him I had heard that the DVCA had already voted that we want nothing really to do with it, he said he had heard that and was surprised as it was a certain person (I will not name names although he did) he said in the initial meetings that the DVCA want this and any club that does not join can f&%k off (his words), he also mentioned that by not joining they would be in the minority and by that fact virtually forced to join or shrivel up and waste away to a memory. This bloke seemed very credible and did not know that I actually knew more than I was letting on. He finished off by re-iterating that he was surprised that a person that high up on the executive would say things like that.

Doubt me if you want, this shocked me that where I was that day I actually came across this bloke and may seem quite co-incidental, take it as you will

Interesting times ahead........

I think you have excellent mail here! Pretty much spot on with I`ve heard including the part involving top 4 HDCA clubs!

Hey Russ, mate I have no idea if what he was saying was true but I posted exactly what he said, I could not give a rats but if history is anything then more clubs from HDCA and NMCA will try and jump ship, hell its been happening for a few years now why all of a sudden would it stop, has the reasons for all the ship jumpers over the years changed.....doubt it.

Your opinion on getting rid of executive members can stay in the HDCA, really some people you have mentioned have gone against wishes and intent and held their own agenda in the NCL bullshit. So you would keep people running an organisation that they actually do not want, really? Dunno if I want that sort of acceptance of ridiculas in the DVCA.

Most people on clubs committees KNOW that replacing them will not be easy but you do not hold onto someone that actually wants the competitions demise in its current structure against most (if not all) clubs wishes. I get the feeling that most poeple with opinions on this NCL thing are actually a part of a club and understand what it takes to run a competition, I do however 100% agree with you, replacing some people will be hard.

But in regards to the DVCA:

Replacing the President would not be that a difficult job, he is really the figure head of the executive, I suspect (hope) that someone already on the executive would stand up.

Replacing the Administrator - Hell this is a highly paid position, IMO he has not really done a fantastic job (I am probably comparing him to Mashy, who, again IMO was excellent) Hopefully someone out there has the time and wants the money and can do the job....

Replacing Marlwood (junior admin) - Here is the position that I think will be hard to replace, as many know, junior committees are usually made up of parents if kids associated/playing. BUT in reality the TWO administer positions can be done by the same person, they are both renumerated. FInd the right person, with the right amount of time and all is good.

Yeah its not a perfect situation for the DVCA to be in, but the feeling I get, if correctly handled would work out OK and maybe for the better, if it doesn't well we will see but 25 strong clubs working together (which they have started to) will probably pull through.

Maybe i can't see the forest for the trees (i think that's how it goes) but can someone please explain what seems to be the common opinion that i have put in bold above.

I'll just list in simple terms, my interpretation since this was first put on the agenda.

February - Dvca tells club delegates of proposal of the NCL concept ( Tony Mash posted same at the start of this thread ). I was at the meeting and not one club was opposed - they may have privately made their displeasure known afterwards, but not that i am aware.

- Clubs are asked to submit nominations to join steering committe - Bundoora, Bundoora United, North Eltham, Plenty plus others who i'm not sure of provide nominations and are selected

So you can safely assume all clubs were aware, in fact encouraged , the DVCA ( exec members and in some cases theirn own club members ) to investigate this matter further and see what transpires

Not much happens, apart from rumours, until meeting at Banyule where not much info is provided as to how senior structure will work

Clubs have meeting, and decide that they no longer wish to be part of any NCL proposal

Executive informed, and will be officialy told at the Pre- AGM this coming Wednesday

So if someone could please explain how "some people" have gone against wishes and intenet it would be appreciated. As for agendas, there may be a hidden one somewhere for person/s, i don't know. That's why we will have the right to ask questions at the AGM......

The DVCA carries on as normal from this point on - I agree that if the executive or members thereof do not share the same vision of the clubs, then clubs have every vote to refrain from electing any particualar person they feel does not represent their club wishes.

As is i said at the presidents meeting, if this was a common feeling amongst clubs, we should have got on the front foot early, been united and knocked this on the head before it gathered any more momentum. If one thing, at least the clubs fully understand how important it is to communcate with each other, which can only be a long term benefit.

We may not like the "message" but i think it's wrong to attribute all blame to the "messengers" who were elected to represent us and did so on this issue with the knowledge of all clubs.

Cow Corner, Pots will be colder than ever Wednesday night, you can buy me one if you don't beleive me:p

Does anyone on this DVCA forum think that we should close this thread down to get rid of all the HDCA and NMCA lost souls posting their some what mis-guided thoughts in the belief that we actually give a toss about their opinion...?!?!

THIS IS THE DVCA:cool:

Go to your NCL or HDCA or NMCA or what ever forum......we are through with you and voted you to knick off. :mad:

Close it down, too much ill-informed crap from all 3 camps. Too many knobs on here who have done nothing, who know nothing and who clearly have massive voids in their lives. I think a few people (incl DVCA people) are gonna have egg on their face if the crap and truth are ever sorted out. The DVCA exec has always had my support, prior to this and after this, from my experience they are good people making what is largely a volunteer contribution.

Interesting you say this, you only have to look at what has happened at the last two clubs to move from the HDCA to the DVCA to realise why it would be stupid for one of (or all of) the big four to make the move across to the DVCA.

What are you on about. What has happened to the last 2 clubs. First your rumors about Sturg and Adams are wrong. then your wrong about Neary, Henkel etc leaving their clubs now you come up with this. Greensborough have had 1sts and 2nds in last 2 grandfinals and are not far off getting to Barclay which as Camrai taipans have shown isn't that strong. Macleod have struggled with numbers at the moment but it didn't help when they lost a heap of juniors 3 years back to the HDCA to play Friday night 15s and 17s and 20/20 cricket. Its very easy for teams deep in the DVCA region that have hundreds of kids turn up for their club when they live in sprawling new estates to criticise. Maybe more help needs to be given to struggling DVCA clubs by their compatriots as already 3 clubs have merged in the last 2 years. Sacking your administration will help this situation. NOT. How about people read Bundooras last post and take a deep breath.

What are you on about. What has happened to the last 2 clubs. First your rumors about Sturg and Adams are wrong. then your wrong about Neary, Henkel etc leaving their clubs now you come up with this. Greensborough have had 1sts and 2nds in last 2 grandfinals and are not far off getting to Barclay which as Camrai taipans have shown isn't that strong. Macleod have struggled with numbers at the moment but it didn't help when they lost a heap of juniors 3 years back to the HDCA to play Friday night 15s and 17s and 20/20 cricket. Its very easy for teams deep in the DVCA region that have hundreds of kids turn up for their club when they live in sprawling new estates to criticise. Maybe more help needs to be given to struggling DVCA clubs by their compatriots as already 3 clubs have merged in the last 2 years. Sacking your administration will help this situation. NOT. How about people read Bundooras last post and take a deep breath.

Didnt think those rumours were true, just some of what I had heard so i posted them, big deal.

Goliath, my comment was implying that if you look at what has happened at Greensborough and Macleod since they have joined the DVCA, why would the strong (or any) HDCA clubs want to move to the DVCA. Don't have to pull out a heap of statistics to show how much the numbers have diminished for both clubs.

Both clubs have regrets about moving to the DVCA and with all of the politics going on around the valley at the moment I dont think it will be too long before clubs possibly start to look at moving.

Back