DVCA Off-Season 2023

Yeah sources very close to both camps say it’s almost a done deal
How can all NMCA teams join DVCA? One of DVCA criteria is that clubs must have juniors. Is it only clubs with junior sides that will be invited or all clubs with the proviso that they must have a junior component within a certain timeframe? Also some NMCA only have one team. How will they be graded?

I agree. It is not DVCA problem that the NMCA is cooked. They must start below our teams and must have juniors. Otherwise not interested.
I was speaking to someone at Cricket VIC (they work there so not sure how senior and official it was) and the directive seems to be coming from them to merge the competitions for the benefit of the game.
If that is the case the NMCA clubs won’t be starting in the lowest shield

I was speaking to someone at Cricket VIC (they work there so not sure how senior and official it was) and the directive seems to be coming from them to merge the competitions for the benefit of the game.

They can merge with the NWCA then.

DVCA should pick the bones (HT and Rivergum) out of it and leave the rest to someone else. Not worth it.

There are only 2 clubs worthy of starting in Mash Shield and nothing higher. Rivergum and Holy Trinity. It could only be an expansion of Mash
The rest can fend for themselves down in the 4th shield grade. Camrea I don't even know how many sides they have now let alone juniors so not sure where they are at but to me they are toxic jumping from comp to comp I don't even think they know where they are at sometimes.

There are only 2 clubs worthy of starting in Mash Shield and nothing higher. Rivergum and Holy Trinity. It could only be an expansion of Mash
The rest can fend for themselves down in the 4th shield grade. Camrea I don't even know how many sides they have now let alone juniors so not sure where they are at but to me they are toxic jumping from comp to comp I don't even think they know where they are at sometimes.
It’s an interesting one - how would that affect the balance of mash shield? If Camrea was to end up in mash, they wouldn’t lose a game going by the quality of their current first XI list.

It’s an interesting one - how would that affect the balance of mash shield? If Camrea was to end up in mash, they wouldn’t lose a game going by the quality of their current first XI list.

Bundoora Park, rosebank , and all of the HDCA clubs all started in the bottom grade. I doubt there will be any favours granted in this instance

Northen Cricket leauge all over again... unless things have changed clubs still have the power to pick and choose who they want in their competition regardless of what Cricket Victoria want

Back