DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Player movements and rumours

THE ICEMAN;350760 said:
Not scared of anything champ. They (Camrea) play in the JIKA comp for a reason, thats because they fit with that regin. They do not belong in the DVCA it's becoming rediculous. People play local cricket for a reason who wants to waste there time driving halfway around melbourne when there is no reason to.

so you are saying lalor stars dont belong they are 3 minutes away from camreas ground ,

Wattle Glenn 2010;350733 said:
Can anyone clarify that C grade gun Ryan Mclaughlin from NEW, is he going to Northcote or not. I herd Richard Clifton got him a deal ther to play 1s. The kids a freak at cricket and wil go far.
shutup idiot,

Boys rumour pretty strong about Paul Baker leaving Mernda and following Snowy Elworthy out to The Basin. Bakes and Snowy fairly close mates and its been confirmed by committe at The Basin!! What do you think of Merndas chances of back to back without him??

geezatheking;350843 said:
Jamie Davis from Mernda signed with Lower Eltham..Great get by Lower!!

Mernda will be fine......They have Solly jumpin onboard.

In other news J.Lester to captain/Coach Phanton Hill next season.

i can not see j.d or baker leaving mernda they have just won a barclay sheild title and they are 2 loyal players but it would not surprise me if snowy left he has been at mernda for about 3 years so he probably has over stayed his welcome:D:D:D

geezatheking;350842 said:
Boys rumour pretty strong about Paul Baker leaving Mernda and following Snowy Elworthy out to The Basin. Bakes and Snowy fairly close mates and its been confirmed by committe at The Basin!! What do you think of Merndas chances of back to back without him??

I'd believe Snowy to be moving on.Didnt get the coaching job so he might be dirty.Would doubt the other 2 though.Very much so.
Couple of decent recruits at Stars I've heard.Mark Marshall to vice President isnt one of them.

cold case;350855 said:
I'd believe Snowy to be moving on.Didnt get the coaching job so he might be dirty.Would doubt the other 2 though.Very much so.
Couple of decent recruits at Stars I've heard.Mark Marshall to vice President isnt one of them.

What are Lalor flying in more imports are they?

I've heard this too.

Baker to the Basin is still hanging on whether or not he has to train with them during the week, Elworthy has aparently been very strong with the executive over there.

Mernda will struggle without Baker and Davis. Expect bottom 2 finish.

Whispers surrounding recently promoted NEWCC. Set to lose one of their young guns (pardon the pun) Jack Young, who was picked in the DVCA U21's at only 16, is looking to further his prospects at district level. Northcote is the word due to NEW coach Richard Clifton's connections there. All the best to the young fella.

cold case;350855 said:

The mail I got was that Elworthy was asked to leave mernda after a meeting with most of the 1st grade players. Also that paul baker is definately not going anywhere.
Also, Macleod has almost certainly appointed a coach from Jika, and will be looking to bring a couple of players with him ( past and present ). Trying to lure Trent Scannel back to club to strengthen bowling attack and maybe John Green after the coaching appointment is confirmed.

serg fernandez;351096 said:
The mail I got was that Elworthy was asked to leave mernda after a meeting with most of the 1st grade players. Also that paul baker is definately not going anywhere.
Also, Macleod has almost certainly appointed a coach from Jika, and will be looking to bring a couple of players with him ( past and present ). Trying to lure Trent Scannel back to club to strengthen bowling attack and maybe John Green after the coaching appointment is confirmed.

From macleod's website
"MACLEOD CC APPOINTS JASON LANCASTER PLAYING COACH
It is with great pleasure that Macleod Cricket Club announces the appointment of Jason Lancaster as playing coach for the 2009-10 season. Jason comes to Macleod with an outstanding record over the past seven seasons with Preston Baseballers in the Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (formerly the Jika Cricket Association)."

Snowy asked to leave by the club? anyone from mernda confirm? big move... not suprising but.

Executive happy with Camrea's presentation and now Pesidents to vote in or out on 29th June.

cold case;351178 said:
Executive happy with Camrea's presentation and now Pesidents to vote in or out on 29th June.

Will be very Interesting to see which way the axe falls.

The Wizz;351183 said:
Will be very Interesting to see which way the axe falls.

You would think that they would smash teams especially on their deadly pitch.McGann,Fellowes,Jesensek,Berak and Bubis to name a few would be in top dozen players in Barclay let alone Money Shield.Some clubs may not like that in Money and vote against them.Hope to see them in DVCA but maybe the following season.
Yes will be very interesting Crumpets.Are you a yay or a nay?

cold case;351189 said:
You would think that they would smash teams especially on their deadly pitch.McGann,Fellowes,Jesensek,Berak and Bubis to name a few would be in top dozen players in Barclay let alone Money Shield.Some clubs may not like that in Money and vote against them.Hope to see them in DVCA but maybe the following season.
Yes will be very interesting Crumpets.Are you a yay or a nay?

Your spot on they have some very good cricketers playing there at the moment. Jesensek You would think would make 600 plus in a bad season, might be a bit easy Money shield for players of his class. I would like to see Camrea come into the DVCA it will only make the comp in a whole alot stronger.

But it is a President vote and Im no longer President...It would be a yay from me.

Camrea?

Jesus! - this is the DVCA. DV stands for Diamond Valley! Cricketers who play in the DVCA want to play in a LOCAL comp. Just because Jika and the HDCA are in trouble, why does the DVCA let all these teams in?

A BIGGER LEAGUE IS NOT A BETTER LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!

I can accept Greensborough because they are in the Diamond Valley. If you are West of Plenty road - get your own league!

five80;351202 said:
Camrea?

Jesus! - this is the DVCA. DV stands for Diamond Valley! Cricketers who play in the DVCA want to play in a LOCAL comp. Just because Jika and the HDCA are in trouble, why does the DVCA let all these teams in?

A BIGGER LEAGUE IS NOT A BETTER LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!

I can accept Greensborough because they are in the Diamond Valley. If you are West of Plenty road - get your own league!

Thats the most stupid thing I have read for a long time. So what your saying Mill Park, Sth Morang, Lalor Stars St. Francis, Epping all should not be in the DVCA??? Get a grip mate..

The Wizz;351204 said:
Thats the most stupid thing I have read for a long time. So what your saying Mill Park, Sth Morang, Lalor Stars St. Francis, Epping all should not be in the DVCA??? Get a grip mate..

What i think he is tryin to say is.......Why are we getting further and further west?? Next Sunbury will have a team in Money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back