DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Black hawk, "what they do is legal" not having any provisions in your constitution to dimiss
proxy vote is illegal, I think you will find that you cannot rule out proxy vote at all.
Please don't call me Clown!!! as far as writing your own contitution if it does'nt conform with the
letter of the law, it is open to all sorts of problems,eg: discimination ect ect. Thus it must confirm
with all legal obligations to the act in this country, in other words proxy votes are a must.

Thanks Black hawk, "what they do is legal" not having any provisions in your constitution to dimiss
proxy vote is illegal, I think you will find that you cannot rule out proxy vote at all.
Please don't call me Clown!!! as far as writing your own contitution if it does'nt conform with the
letter of the law, it is open to all sorts of problems,eg: discimination ect ect. Thus it must confirm
with all legal obligations to the act in this country, in other words proxy votes are a must.

More pig-ignorant garbage.
Proxy votes can quite lawfully be banned in the Rules of an incorporated association.
Your half-baked version of the "corporations act" is as relevant to Whittlesea CC as an act of congress.

You can outlaw or limit proxy votes in a clubs constitution, however, incorporated bodies are no longer bound by their constitutions. Committees can do whatever they wish, even chosing to completely ignore their constitutions, provided what they do is legal.

Blackhawk, you are partly right.
Whittlesea is incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act, so dealings between the club (via its committee) and 3rd parties may, in some circumstances, be legally enforceable even if the committee has acted outside the club's Rules.
However, if the committee (or a club officer) acts outside the club's Rules, then a club member has the right to take action to enforce the Rules - either via the club's "grievance procedure" and/or in Court. This would include a decision by the chairman of the AGM which is outside the club's Rules on proxy voting.

Proxy votes apparently.

How many proxy votes could there be?

First thing clubs should do when drafting their Rules is outlaw proxy votes - make everyone turn up or shut up.

100% agree. If you don't have the respect to turn up, you get no vote.

Goes against corporatians act ! Then again we are the DVCA we can do anything, lets change
Federal laws.

I think you will find that Cricket clubs are not corporations, but not for profit organisations. So thanks for yet another useless piece of information.

Are we all really concerned about the politics of the Whittlesea CC ?
I personally couldn't give a stuff .
Lets get back to talking cricket peoples.

Good idea.

Anyone want to throw a name up of a club that will be a big improver this year? In either grade. A side that might have a break out year (Maybe a side to play finals that didn't last year, or a side that might go from lower on the ladder to significantly higher up?)

I'll throw up the Frangers. I think they will surprise a few this year in BS, and win a handful of games. I don't think they will play finals in BS, but think that they will be well and truly safe from relegation.

So remind me, why do you need a qurom?? imbecile.

All clubs are made up differently, our consitution states that we need a quorum of 20 members at our meeting, but it does also state that proxy votes are not allowed to make up that 20. If fewer than 20 are involved, meeting is postponed.

Good idea.

Anyone want to throw a name up of a club that will be a big improver this year? In either grade. A side that might have a break out year (Maybe a side to play finals that didn't last year, or a side that might go from lower on the ladder to significantly higher up?)

I'll throw up the Frangers. I think they will surprise a few this year in BS, and win a handful of games. I don't think they will play finals in BS, but think that they will be well and truly safe from relegation.

Nice analysis Tongs, but think that without Duggan, they will struggle to get sides out. He provided so much for that Club, in attitude as well as performance.
I think that GB will struggle, have had another fallout over the past 7 days, past and current pres have had clash.
HB full of imports, who knows.
Tipping RV to once again be in the top 2 chances all year.

LMAO oh come on, we have a superstar coach now and I'm sure we can import a few more superstars....either that or just visit the Christmas Island detention centre.

Nice analysis Tongs, but think that without Duggan, they will struggle to get sides out. He provided so much for that Club, in attitude as well as performance.
I think that GB will struggle, have had another fallout over the past 7 days, past and current pres have had clash.
HB full of imports, who knows.
Tipping RV to once again be in the top 2 chances all year.

I must admit, I was more hoping to talk about who will surprise moving upwards, rather than down, as we have had more than our fair share of negative shlte on here.

On your comment about Riverside though, They've lost Pig and Wellingham, no recruits that I've heard of, Gibbsy another year older, they might not be as powerful as we think. Riverside is riverside though, and they are always generally strong (bastards).

Another mover to watch (in a positive) would be North Eltham. Another years experience in the big league, seem to have recruited well without losing anyone. A good mix of older and younger players. I would expect them to push for finals, possilbly miss by 1 game, if not make it.

I must admit, I was more hoping to talk about who will surprise moving upwards, rather than down, as we have had more than our fair share of negative shlte on here.

On your comment about Riverside though, They've lost Pig and Wellingham, no recruits that I've heard of, Gibbsy another year older, they might not be as powerful as we think. Riverside is riverside though, and they are always generally strong (bastards).

Another mover to watch (in a positive) would be North Eltham. Another years experience in the big league, seem to have recruited well without losing anyone. A good mix of older and younger players. I would expect them to push for finals, possilbly miss by 1 game, if not make it.

Sides struggling presents opportunities for others, can't see Whittlesea making the 4, but think that a young BU side with new direction and gusto can climb the ladder. PH to finally deliver on some promised success and can see Eltham finally hitting some form and being there abouts.
Will the structure of more one day games than before favour anyone more than others??

Sides struggling presents opportunities for others, can't see Whittlesea making the 4, but think that a young BU side with new direction and gusto can climb the ladder. PH to finally deliver on some promised success and can see Eltham finally hitting some form and being there abouts.
Will the structure of more one day games than before favour anyone more than others??
Think the one dayers will favour ph, minty and bu a Lil more than others..
BU will be round the four. I can see Eltham being strong with some old juniors n players coming back on the seen... Whitt will be up there after recruiting a a young quick,2 middle orders n a swing bowler... Ph will be the same as always

To be honest, I don't see BU or PH anywhere near the top 4 at all. Probably 6 or 8 sides in front of them.

I think that is going to cause a lot of teams issues having so many 1 day games. There will no doubt be a number of upsets along the way. One day games seem to bring the field closer together. We are playing six 1 day games, and I would imagine you would have to win 4 or 5 of them to play finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back