DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the one dayers will favour ph, minty and bu a Lil more than others..
BU will be round the four. I can see Eltham being strong with some old juniors n players coming back on the seen... Whitt will be up there after recruiting a a young quick,2 middle orders n a swing bowler... Ph will be the same as always

Hopefully BU can win a game after Christmas, have started well last couple of seasons, but faded quickly, like the franks need to move to new ground, their Ground and rooms are shite!
Whitt, imploding as usual, my tip for bottom 2. PH not enough match winners, motch will win them 3. Eltham should make finals, but, unless recruit, minney plays and dominates, with the new teams in, might become the tigers and finish just out again.

Hopefully BU can win a game after Christmas, have started well last couple of seasons, but faded quickly, like the franks need to move to new ground, their Ground and rooms are shite!
Whitt, imploding as usual, my tip for bottom 2. PH not enough match winners, motch will win them 3. Eltham should make finals, but, unless recruit, minney plays and dominates, with the new teams in, might become the tigers and finish just out again.
Lay off the ground, is in a much better condition than many others around the comp. And now with Rosanna coming in with their sand pit, we are above another.
Rooms are the worst going around, I will agree, but can report that we are well on the way to an overhaul of these as well. On field this year, off field in 13/14....BU is on the march!!!

Lay off the ground, is in a much better condition than many others around the comp. And now with Rosanna coming in with their sand pit, we are above another.
Rooms are the worst going around, I will agree, but can report that we are well on the way to an overhaul of these as well. On field this year, off field in 13/14....BU is on the march!!!

I don't want to bash BU at all, and understand that the council have 90% of the blame/responsibility, I understand - we go through it with our ground too. But:

The condition of the ground is ok, a lot better than it used to be. but lets be honest here. It is embarrassing that if you play 1st XI cricket that you have to play on a ground that has a baseball mound 20m off the bat.

And whilst I couldn't careless personally if they see me, I feel for the BU players and supporters when there are players who are getting change and inadvertently naked in their club rooms whilst they have female staff (wives/partners/family) and children working the canteen or coming down to support. No female or child should have to put up with naked men around.. I understand that people might say "Go to the toilets and get changed" but one toilet block for 22 players Is not appropriate, and I don't think the players are doing anything wrong, they do their best to cover up, but they don't really have a choice, that's all they are provided with.

But great news that there is things in the pipeworks to have things fixed down there. Hope that it all goes through smoothly and quickly for them all down there.

I don't want to bash BU at all, and understand that the council have 90% of the blame/responsibility, I understand - we go through it with our ground too. But:

The condition of the ground is ok, a lot better than it used to be. but lets be honest here. It is embarrassing that if you play 1st XI cricket that you have to play on a ground that has a baseball mound 20m off the bat.

And whilst I couldn't careless personally if they see me, I feel for the BU players and supporters when there are players who are getting change and inadvertently naked in their club rooms whilst they have female staff (wives/partners/family) and children working the canteen or coming down to support. No female or child should have to put up with naked men around.. I understand that people might say "Go to the toilets and get changed" but one toilet block for 22 players Is not appropriate, and I don't think the players are doing anything wrong, they do their best to cover up, but they don't really have a choice, that's all they are provided with.

But great news that there is things in the pipeworks to have things fixed down there. Hope that it all goes through smoothly and quickly for them all down there.

Tongs, I could not agree more, and may just use this post as extra levarage when meeting with Council and other stakeholders. It is not good enough, is extremely embarassing to the Club, especially when new teans come down to play who haven't played there before, like last year with the 2's playing B grade, and now with the new clubs coming in. As a Club, we are working on and are confident that we will not be in these circumstances for long....anyway, Barclay shield clubs need to have good facilities!!

Frankly Tongs, the situation that we find ourselves in at BU is one where the club is not entirely blameless. We were offered and indeed played at Anthony Beale Reserve for a while, with their beautiful air conditioned, split level club rooms with change rooms, balcony, lift and duel ovals. Unfortunantly, it was at the height of the drought and the lower gound did suffer quite badly. Despite that fact, the ground could have been fixed and I think we should have stuck it out, yet the club walked away from the ground and facilities which in my opinion, was the worst decision the club has ever made in my 14 odd years there.

I have to admitt it was kinda funny (but not really) watching other teams turn up, walk around the whole perimeter of the rooms then come in and ask, errr where are the changes rooms haha.

Frankly Tongs, the situation that we find ourselves in at BU is one where the club is not entirely blameless. We were offered and indeed played at Anthony Beale Reserve for a while, with their beautiful air conditioned, split level club rooms with change rooms, balcony, lift and duel ovals. Unfortunantly, it was at the height of the drought and the lower gound did suffer quite badly. Despite that fact, the ground could have been fixed and I think we should have stuck it out, yet the club walked away from the ground and facilities which in my opinion, was the worst decision the club has ever made in my 14 odd years there.

I have to admitt it was kinda funny (but not really) watching other teams turn up, walk around the whole perimeter of the rooms then come in and ask, errr where are the changes rooms haha.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. What were their reasons for walking away from Anthony Beale Reserve?

Biscontin just not good enough, bowls short wide rubbish, 20 years old will always play park cricket.
If he bowled the way he does in the park the batsmen would make a ton in the first 10 overs he'd bowl.
He couldn't shine JR's shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back