Eca 2011/2012

Fair point Damien re GI bowling. Wheres Prospector??
Agree that SKEVS are team to beat. As for rest (HAW, GI, DEEP) they would need to rely on having to bring their best to be a chance...

Scrapping the egg off my face (again or still) Agree but big test will come against Ashy. (If they make finals they can win the flag as they are capable of batting teams out of matches. Still think the toss will be important to them)

I think it's a race in 5 (down to Ashy on the ladder), but 5 into 4 doesn't go and someone is going to be left VERY dissapointed. The thing that might save Deepdene is that GI & Ashy play each other in the last round (HUGE GAME!). If Haw/Deepdene/Skevs win 1 out of 2 coming home they will be safe, leaving GI & Ashy to play in a virtual QF.

Marcellin can say goodbye to Dunstan unless the hand of god strikes down their opposition over the last 2 rounds. RC fate was determined pre-christmas I feel, but is confirmed now. Nth Balwyn favorites to come up, probably with Surrey Hills. God help us all if Burwood (and fuzz) make it!

Not sure who I fancy for the premiership at the moment... Very even across those top 4/5 sides. Skevs are playing really well, but stumbled against Hawthorn last week. Deepdene seem to fall to bits when the pressure is on. GI can be hot and cold depending on what team turns up on the day. Hawthorn... Just something NQR about them I reckon. Ashy (if they make it) could be VERY dangerous! All that said and done, my pick is Skevs as well.
Don't like playing Burwood on their postage stamp of a ground HBF?

So does anyone know what Fuzzbungle did? 9 weeks is that for real? Common Lewis_J let us know what happened. You used to be in the know or have you lost your source?

So does anyone know what Fuzzbungle did? 9 weeks is that for real? Common Lewis_J let us know what happened. You used to be in the know or have you lost your source?

Only hearsay, but apparenty the penalty was 5 matches (ie all possible matches for Burwood this year incl GF if they get that far), with the balance of 4 games a suspended sentence. Alleged offence was sustained verbal abuse/intimidation of the square leg umpire (a Donvale player not an official) for a run out decision given not out.

Only hearsay, but apparenty the penalty was 5 matches (ie all possible matches for Burwood this year incl GF if they get that far), with the balance of 4 games a suspended sentence. Alleged offence was sustained verbal abuse/intimidation of the square leg umpire (a Donvale player not an official) for a run out decision given not out.
SP is close - penalty correct- 5 matches and 4 matches suspended. offence incorrect-disputing umpires decision,abusive language to an umpire and breach of code of conduct. none was sustained abuse or intimidation. pretty harsh penalty IMO considering circumstance of event taking place. maybe you should be able to report for alleged cheating. (word was run out was over 1mtr out)

SP is close - penalty correct- 5 matches and 4 matches suspended. offence incorrect-disputing umpires decision,abusive language to an umpire and breach of code of conduct. none was sustained abuse or intimidation. pretty harsh penalty IMO considering circumstance of event taking place. maybe you should be able to report for alleged cheating. (word was run out was over 1mtr out)

I've spoken to several Donvale people, from what they tell me the wicket keeper was standing between and square leg and the stumps so he had no way to see when the bails got taken off. Further to that, they all say the bloke at square leg is one of the most honest going round. Just what I've heard. From all accounts O'Shae went on like a peanut, doesn't matter if it's an official or not, you don't abuse an umpire and you don't call him a cheat. If you don't agree with a not out decision, you get your captain to ask the central umpire to have him removed, pretty simple.

"sustained verbal abuse/intimidation of the square leg umpire" - "disputing umpires decision,abusive language to an umpire and breach of code of conduct"... Common Samdamdangus... Isn't this a bit of sugar coating?! We all know what would have happened mate! However you want to put it, the Fuzz disagreed with a decision (justified or not), lost the plot and carried on like a pork chop.

Bad decisions happen every week in every game. Fuzz should be experienced enough to know how to behave on a cricket field and should be setting a better example to the other members of the team and club as a whole.

"sustained verbal abuse/intimidation of the square leg umpire" - "disputing umpires decision,abusive language to an umpire and breach of code of conduct"... Common Samdamdangus... Isn't this a bit of sugar coating?! We all know what would have happened mate! However you want to put it, the Fuzz disagreed with a decision (justified or not), lost the plot and carried on like a pork chop.

Bad decisions happen every week in every game. Fuzz should be experienced enough to know how to behave on a cricket field and should be setting a better example to the other members of the team and club as a whole.
I agree

No-one questions his ability with the ball or bat, but it is just the bad blood that seems to surround him.
Agreed, quality cricketer, just looks like he needs to change his attitude.

He has played a lot of cricket, and at very high levels, so maybe A Turf wasn't the best place for him where he may have to stand at square leg and umpire for 20 overs!

Did the Burwood Captain get the same penalty? If not why not?

Back