fast bowlers workout

Auzayr

fast bowlers workout

Has anyone got any videos or website or info which show how the likes of brett lee, mitchell johnson, stephen harmison, james anderson or any other fast bowlers workout, exercise and train?

Re: fast bowlers workout

even if you find these videos, you should not copy them. their fitness levels, body type/structure, etc. are all different from yours. i guarantee you that professionals will get workouts specially made for them, so its not wise to blindly copy the exact same regimen.

a fast bowler has a lot of different areas to work on: endurance, strength, explosiveness, flexibility, balance, etc.

Your best bet will be to speak with a strength conditioning coach or some other professional trainer with the areas you want to target for fitness training and follow a regimen they give you.

Re: fast bowlers workout

unccricket is absolutely right. If you were to see me, I would take you through a two hour assessment before even discussing your goals with you. The first would be blood pressure and if I was not happy, the assessment would end there.

If I was happy, I would test you for your current fitness including anthropomentric measurements, BMI, body composition, cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, muscular fitness and posture. Sometimes the tests are harder than the programme :D

You must bear in mind that components such as maximum workoad will depend on your age, sex and fitness levels, so you see, it is highly unlikely that you will be the same as the other players in your team, let alone the first class cricketers.

You need to find a workout that is good for you, however, in the meantime, work on your bodyweight exercises to build strength and stability and interval training to increase your anaerobic threshhold.

Back