Fast Bowling Pre Season Training

FBI

Fast Bowling Pre Season Training

I am looking for some advice regarding pre season training which will help my fast bowling.

My current schedule is going to be:

45m sprints with 10s interval. One session of six sprints per day

Reason: Cricket specific fitness. Sprinting is used often in cricket, running in to bowl, running between wickets, running to stop a ball going for four

1/2km jog. Once per day

Reason: This is mainly to help my mother since she wants to keep fit but it can also help with general fitness and to shed unneeded fat.

2 x 1/2kg weights on my wrists. Worn for two hours a day

Reason: Strength work

Hamstring stretch for 20s. Two times a day.

Reason: Physio prescribed for weak thighs. Also to help with jump in bowling action

Any thing I should/shouldn't be doing?

Re: Fast Bowling Pre Season Training

I'm just about to pop out now but once I'm back in I'll post a proper pre season schedule up.

This will allow you to pick and choose different areas to work on, as well as hopefully giving you a variety of exercises to choose from.

One thing that you may want to consider is swimming, very good all round exercise and it won't put any stress on joints.

Re: Fast Bowling Pre Season Training

I've been having a think about this and have decided to adapt a couple of well know plans to try and fit them in with your age. The key thing is to make sure that you get decent amounts of rest to help the growing body and to prevent stress related injuries.

I've been very 'loose' with the exercises given as you already have certain ones specified that you'll be able to slot in, or adapt to meet your needs.

table1.gif

The key thing is to remember to have variety in your workouts and to expect to hit plateaus along the way. If you feel a twinge or a strain, then stop and rest, do not push yourself into an injury.

I knocked that up quickly but it is the sort of thing you should get yourself as it will help you to plan targeted practice. Also, don't be afraid to change your schedule every now and again, this will help to eliminate boredom.

Remember the key thing at your age is to include plenty of rest!

Back