Flower announced as England coach

Ljp86

Staff member
Flower announced as England coach

After a period as caretaker coach, Andy Flower has been announced as England's head coach, taking over from Peter Moores who was sacked after tension mounted between he and former captain Kevin Pietersen only a few months back.

Despite an indifferent tour of the West Indies, Flower has done enough as the caretaker coach to be given the top role. He has bonded well with current captain Andrew Strauss during the tour of the Windies and even helped manufacture a win in the the ODI series.

The first thing on Flower's agenda will be to name a squad for the upcoming test series against West Indies which starts on May 6th.

Cricinfo - Flower confirmed as England coach

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was always going to be his. The other options seemed unrealistic or were more rumour options rather than actual candidates.

At least England have some stability now and Flower will have his work cut out for him to prepare the side for the upcoming Ashes. They should be able to beat West Indies at home but if they can't, they might face an uphill battle against the Australian side.

Re: Flower announced as England coach

I am sorry to saying this but he is gonna be like a director of cricket. He has 4 assistant coaches.. I must admit.. I am totally unaware of his credentials as a coach.. he was a successful Zimbabwe player. Played with success for Essex.. but the question is how will he deal with all the personalities in the England team..

I have a feeling that the Ashes is going to be a one team show.. The Australians are going to hammer the English..

Re: Flower announced as England coach

I'm not fussed to be honest and as much as I'd like him to be successful there are too many connections to Moores.

Back