foot work

legspinking

foot work

i like dancing down the pitch an against fast bowlers i keep hittin toe of bat an ther is now a crack how can i stop this:mad::D

Re: foot work

legspinking;391727 said:
i like dancing down the pitch an against fast bowlers i keep hittin toe of bat an ther is now a crack how can i stop this:mad::D

Not sure what you want help on:

1. To stop dancing down the pitch?
2. To stop hitting the ball with the toe?
Or,
3. To stop the crack increasing?

If 1. Why do you do this?

If 2. See Phase 3 of The Three Phases of Batting.

If 3. Where is the crack? How long? How deep?... a picture would help but hardware is not my area.

practice, self restraint, etc. changing the way you play does not happen overnight. on your own, with a bat, visualise in your head the bowler's run-up and delivery stride, and practice what you should do. e.g. if you visualise a full delivery, take a stride forward and defend, for a short ball sway out the way. if your problem is to do with how to stop hitting the toe, then it sounds like you're playing the shot too late, as a result of coming down the track. when you advance down the pitch, some people end up playing late because they have less time to react. waiting for the ball will help you play later. if it's about how to stop the crack increasing, liz is right, it depends on size/shape/position/age of the crack.

meh visualising wont do much, get in the nets, get in some practise and work on getting forward to the ball, and keep in mind that skipping down the pitch is good for spinners so dont completely get it out of your technique. Just try to get your front foot in line with the ball, just start with defensive shots and gradually work to the rest of the shots(especially the shots you love) it is important you work to your strengths.

"What more is life but a game of cricket"

Back