Front Foot Tip Toe?

shahidpak

Hello, i went to training yesterday and while bowling one of our teams batsman told me that while bowling i was on my toes and that my toe was in the line so that was a no-ball? Is it ok to be on my tip toe while bowling as a legspinner? If i should change how can i go with my heel first than following through with my toes? Because when i bowl with all the foot on the ground, I feel that i cant propel the ball enough in the air? If you think i should change how can i change?

shahidpak, you should be OK if you toe was on the crease as you only need some of your foot (grounded or raised) behind the line although you shouldn't really need to push the limits too much being a spinner - for a better guide have a quick look at the following MCC link

As for changing, if you are happy and comfortable then probably no need to change, do you manage to get much rotation on you toe in your delivery stride?

shahidpak, you should be OK if you toe was on the crease as you only need some of your foot (grounded or raised) behind the line although you shouldn't really need to push the limits too much being a spinner - for a better guide have a quick look at the following MCC link

As for changing, if you are happy and comfortable then probably no need to change, do you manage to get much rotation on you toe in your delivery stride?

Well i dont rotate naturally il try with all the foot and see :D

You have to get up on your toes when you pivot, it does a lot more than give you additional height!

Yes and to help with that your front leg usually has to be more or less braced. I think it helps you balance a bit more so you don't feel like your going to fall over. It also gives you some extra speed because of the whippage you get.

Back