Future International Stars?

futureblackcap

Who do you believe will be your country's future international stars?

Here in New Zealand there are a few athletes I've been keeping my eye on for a while now, for possible future international honors.

Tom Latham (20, LHB middle order batsmen and part-time wicket-keeper for Canterbury, impressed in both the Plunket Shield and shorter forms)

Matt Henry (20, RHB, Right-arm fast-medium bowler for Canterbury once again, impressed in the Plunket Shield especially)

Adam Milne (20, Right-arm fast-medium bowler for Central Districts, quickest bowler we have in the country = low 150's , had problems but I think he'll come right)

Michael Pollard (22, RHB higher order batsmen for Wellington, hasn't got going yet but looks like he has a good temperament and decent technique)

Tom Latham (20, LHB middle order batsmen and part-time wicket-keeper for Canterbury, impressed in both the Plunket Shield and shorter forms)

As a kid I remember watching his old man Rod play over here in the 93/94 tri series, hopefully he ends up a better player than him lol.

Triffitt is originally from Tasmania and played a bit of List A and First-class cricket for Tassie while Tim Paine was out of action with his finger injury. When Paine returned, Triffitt went back to being the second-string keeper and knew the writing was on the wall. For this season he has switched to play with the WA Warriors and is now their first choice keeper with Luke Ronchi choosing to play in New Zealand now.

Triffitt also represented Australia at the last Under 19 World Cup and I think he is only 20 years of age at the moment. He will be a future gun in my opinion, very talented batsman and a good keeper.

Triffitt is originally from Tasmania and played a bit of List A and First-class cricket for Tassie while Tim Paine was out of action with his finger injury. When Paine returned, Triffitt went back to being the second-string keeper and knew the writing was on the wall. For this season he has switched to play with the WA Warriors and is now their first choice keeper with Luke Ronchi choosing to play in New Zealand now.

Triffitt also represented Australia at the last Under 19 World Cup and I think he is only 20 years of age at the moment. He will be a future gun in my opinion, very talented batsman and a good keeper.

Sounds like a good find. I wonder if he's a typical hard-hitting wicket-keeper like we've become accustomed to since Gilly.

Not as hard hitting as Gilly but he is a pretty graceful player and a good bat. He has done a few good things for the Warriors so far in his short time there.

Back