GCA Division 3 Previews and Predictions

a for effort

GCA Division 3 Previews and Predictions

This thread is for discussion about the upcoming season in GCA Division 3. What will the ladder look like, who will be the star players, who will be the big improvers, and anything else you can think of.

Re: GCA Division 3 Previews and Predictions

Ladder
St Albans/Breakwater
Teesdale
Winchelsea
Moddewarre
Lethbridge
Little River
----------
Corio
Inverleigh
Corio Bay
Bannockburn
Anakie
Meredith

Most Runs
B.Donaldson (LETH)

Most Wickets
C.Jones (STA)

Big Improvers
Little River

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;360512 said:
Ladder

Most Runs <<<<<<<<
B.Donaldson (LETH)

Most Wickets <<<<<<<< J.Addy (STA) - a chance for all 3?:D
C.Jones (STA)

Big Improvers <<<<<<<<
Little River

I have faith.

second xi at best;360520 said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^
j. Addy a chance at any of these titles?! :d

NO
biggrin.gif

Ladder
St Albans/Breakwater
Teesdale
Little River
Lethbridge
Corio
Modewarre
Winchelsea
Inverleigh
Corio Bay
Meredithj
Anakie

Big Improvers
Little River

Most Runs/Wickets
T Elsey (LR- if he plays 1st XI)/ J Murray (StA)

When is GCA 3 draw released?

concrete cricket;361817 said:
Ladder
St Albans/Breakwater
Teesdale
Little River
Lethbridge
Corio
Modewarre
Winchelsea
Inverleigh
Corio Bay
Meredithj
Anakie

Big Improvers
Little River

Most Runs/Wickets
T Elsey (LR- if he plays 1st XI)/ J Murray (StA)

When is GCA 3 draw released?

I think it was released but Shelford want to put a side in 1st XI I think, we're waiting on the GCA to make a decision on that I'm guessing.

hopefully they get it sorted soon enough.

Ladder
St Albans/Breakwater
do the rest really matter? they are just making up the numbers!

Most Wickets:
Miller, addy, jones or murray from st.albans considering every week will be an outright victory!

supersaints5;362723 said:
Ladder
St Albans/Breakwater
do the rest really matter? they are just making up the numbers!

Most Wickets:
Miller, addy, jones or murray from st.albans considering every week will be an outright victory!

cmon supersaint dont b a fool....

What is everyones opinion on the chance of us getting a wicket up 2 weeks after the GDFL finish playing football on our ground?

supersaintjohnny;362735 said:
What is everyones opinion on the chance of us getting a wicket up 2 weeks after the GDFL finish playing football on our ground?

isn't there more than two weeks after the GDFL grand final and when the season starts in October ? I have not seen the square but would have to think that with the current wet spell we are having and six games of football being played on it over the weekend it would have to be pretty chopped up. Normal clubs that have footy played on them, for example East and Grovey would normally have almost a month or more of non play to get their wicket square back up. With yours being a brand new wicket it would be even less established. I would be more thinking you would be struggling to get up a wicket for the first game if you only had two weeks, but 3-4 weeks would be more realistic as long as we did not get too much rain in September.

gca_ipl;362749 said:
isn't there more than two weeks after the GDFL grand final and when the season starts in October ? I have not seen the square but would have to think that with the current wet spell we are having and six games of football being played on it over the weekend it would have to be pretty chopped up. Normal clubs that have footy played on them, for example East and Grovey would normally have almost a month or more of non play to get their wicket square back up. With yours being a brand new wicket it would be even less established. I would be more thinking you would be struggling to get up a wicket for the first game if you only had two weeks, but 3-4 weeks would be more realistic as long as we did not get too much rain in September.

The GDFL Grand Final is on September 12th, so that gives 3 weeks.
The middle is a a bog pile at the moment and dare say it will be for the rest of the finals.

Will the whole square being santa anna couch instead of rye be an advantage in getting it up in time? The people in charge of getting the first wicket up think they'll have no prob.

Ladder
Teesdale
St Albans/Breakwater
Corio
Winchelsea
Lethbridge
Little River
----------
Moddewarre
Inverleigh
Corio Bay
Bannockburn
Anakie
Meredith

Most Runs J Rhodes (Corio)
Most Wickets J Murray(Stalbans)

just wondering how all you fellas thought the small country teams will travel this year. teams to take into consideration being anakie, inverleigh, meredith and bannockburn.
i have seen jed potter is moving to barrabool to coach, just wondering if this 100% true.

boy from the bush;363587 said:
just wondering how all you fellas thought the small country teams will travel this year. teams to take into consideration being anakie, inverleigh, meredith and bannockburn.
i have seen jed potter is moving to barrabool to coach, just wondering if this 100% true.

I think Ben Straughn is coaching Barrabool and Jed Potter is just going to play.

I dunno anything about the country teams, most struggled last season and are probably just looking to improve this season, do you know anymore about these sides? who's coaching, good players etc.?

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;363600 said:
I think Ben Straughn is coaching Barrabool and Jed Potter is just going to play.

I dunno anything about the country teams, most struggled last season and are probably just looking to improve this season, do you know anymore about these sides? who's coaching, good players etc.?

well i know that zach hickelton is coaching bannockburn once again this year.
chris fulton is taking over the reigns out at inverleigh from his brother paul, inverleigh have also gained simon craggs back this year which is a very handy inclusion.
word on the street is that meredith have bought a new coach and i have no clue about anakie.
i have heard that inverleigh should be a pretty decent team this year, there are aparently some pretty handy juniors our there. hows st albans travelling in the junior department

boy from the bush;363603 said:
well i know that zach hickelton is coaching bannockburn once again this year.
chris fulton is taking over the reigns out at inverleigh from his brother paul, inverleigh have also gained simon craggs back this year which is a very handy inclusion.
word on the street is that meredith have bought a new coach and i have no clue about anakie.
i have heard that inverleigh should be a pretty decent team this year, there are aparently some pretty handy juniors our there. hows st albans travelling in the junior department

We've got some decent juniors that should be pushing up through the grades this season. Hopefully 1 or 2 to cement a spot in the 1sts. Numbers are fairly good in all the junior sides and in2 cricket if this year shapes up similar to last season.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;363614 said:
We've got some decent juniors that should be pushing up through the grades this season. Hopefully 1 or 2 to cement a spot in the 1sts. Numbers are fairly good in all the juniors side and in2 cricket if this year shapes up similar to last season.

sounds good. you boys have turf wicket this year dont ya's?

boy from the bush;363615 said:
sounds good. you boys have turf wicket this year dont ya's?

Yeah should be interesting to see how it plays, I wouldn't wanna be facing the first few balls out there if previous clubs are to go by (on new turf wickets)

Back