GCA Division 3 Previews and Predictions

Re: GCA Division 3 Previews and Predictions

hi i am a local boy from inverleigh and am thinking of moving clubs
i played As at inverleigh where i batted number 5 and i was the teams bitch
is there any clubs that would be intrested in havin me?

D.Peel;370542 said:

im sure meredith or anakie will take you aboard little fella.

D.Peel;370542 said:

most clubs welcome any player of any standard, if you played A garde its a bonus, tell em why you left inverleigh and they will make sure it doesnt happen.

Stedy Eddy;370505 said:
we didnt even sing a song :(

listen to you your a little sook mate who cares if u dont sing a song maybe its the only game ur gonna win cause ur shit?
u sound like a little girl grow up a bit

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;371008 said:
What happened in the Winch v Corio Bay game? I see it was 95 v 97 with the result in dispute:confused:

we batted first makin 96 then rolled them for 89 so we thought...we left the game saturday thinking we won and now they have disputed, not sure on the result yet. They ****ed the books up majorly.

Stedy Eddy;371099 said:
we batted first makin 96 then rolled them for 89 so we thought...we left the game saturday thinking we won and now they have disputed, not sure on the result yet. They ****ed the books up majorly.

Jus found out winch win! League checked out both books corio had us down for bowling an extra over with 4 runs in it. How did they do that? we'll they are from corio :D

Stedy Eddy;371131 said:
Jus found out winch win! League checked out both books corio had us down for bowling an extra over with 4 runs in it. How did they do that? we'll they are from corio :D

That's very very ordinary:eek:

Stedy Eddy;371131 said:

at the risk of making myself sound like a real spaz here, even though i have tried to figure this out, but how does putting you guys down for an extra over with only 4 in it make a difference, 89 plus 4 still only gives them 93 runs, why would they bother if you made 96, theres something missing here for this tory to make sense, please explain.

does anyone know if premier cricket players are allowed to play in the 20 20 comp for their respective local clubs?

boy from the bush;371299 said:
does anyone know if premier cricket players are allowed to play in the 20 20 comp for their respective local clubs?

They're not, in the rules it says players must of played at least 2 club games for the season. I dunno how strict they will be on this, but I'm pretty sure it's in the rules.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;371301 said:
They're not, in the rules it says players must of played at least 2 club games for the season. I dunno how strict they will be on this, but I'm pretty sure it's in the rules.

I think they took those rules directly out of the VB T20 competition. To me if someone was registered to play with your club via My Cricket then they should be right to play. In saying that playing someone who is currently playing in the VCA is not really within the spirit of the game. As the T20 comp is run within the GCA rules then the player would have to be registered to play with the GCA for the season.

crktluva;371281 said:
at the risk of making myself sound like a real spaz here, even though i have tried to figure this out, but how does putting you guys down for an extra over with only 4 in it make a difference, 89 plus 4 still only gives them 93 runs, why would they bother if you made 96, theres something missing here for this tory to make sense, please explain.

Firstly let me say that the books were a shambles! Corio had two ladys scoring neigther of which new what they were doing. They started not adding in the extras into the bowlers figures and then somewhere along the line they started to add them in which accounts for the other 4 runs(runs didnt show up on bowlers figures till i went through score books ball by ball) plus the extra over took Corios score to 97!

In our innings there was a 7 ball over in which a wicket was taken on the 7th ball!! so the girl scoring at the time put a line through a single in the over and made it a cross!! so that it looked like there was only 6 balls in the over! So without that single it takes our score back to 95 in Corios book.

Clear as mud!!:confused:

a for effort;371325 said:
Why didn't you have your own scorer?

Why indeed! unfortunatly we're struggling to get people to play never mind score! but your right that would have stopped this from happening.

whatdoumeanwashe;371329 said:
Why indeed! unfortunatly we're struggling to get people to play never mind score! but your right that would have stopped this from happening.

small suggestion that i have seen work at clubs in the past. If you never want this to happen again pay some supporter a half a dozen beers after the game and a ride to and from ground and you ma find yourslef a permanent scorer. you shouldnt need to do this in order for the game to be played fairly but it solves the problem. there must be some old cocky out winch with nothing to do, pay mal king a slab a week, i know he would be in it for a free slab.

crktluva;371476 said:
small suggestion that i have seen work at clubs in the past. If you never want this to happen again pay some supporter a half a dozen beers after the game and a ride to and from ground and you ma find yourslef a permanent scorer. you shouldnt need to do this in order for the game to be played fairly but it solves the problem. there must be some old cocky out winch with nothing to do, pay mal king a slab a week, i know he would be in it for a free slab.

Yeah not a bad idea! surely theres a derro down the pub we can intice into scoring!lol Mals not an option he's takin up lawn bowls!

Back