GCA Division 3 Previews and Predictions

Re: GCA Division 3 Previews and Predictions

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;373376 said:
How does a 1sts XI side get bowled out for 10:confused::eek::eek:

Pretty embarrassing, when do you guys play Anakie? And what odds can I get on a Day 1 outright result?

thommy_rissole;373389 said:
Pretty embarrassing, when do you guys play Anakie? And what odds can I get on a Day 1 outright result?

We play Meredith this week who lost to Anakie by 10 wickets in Rd1, then Anakie the following game.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;373376 said:
How does a 1sts XI side get bowled out for 10

That really is embarrassing :eek:, but i suppose it's possible it could happen to any of us :rolleyes:............don't think so :D

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;373398 said:
We play Meredith this week who lost to Anakie by 10 wickets in Rd1, then Anakie the following game.

they played the 2nd dig with 6, thats a f^%&^%n disgrace and the GCA should fine the living suitcases out of them. ya cant abandon an A grade game of cricket and not care, boot em out of the league if thats there thoughts on A grade.

crktluva;373456 said:
they played the 2nd dig with 6, thats a f^%&^%n disgrace and the GCA should fine the living suitcases out of them. ya cant abandon an A grade game of cricket and not care, boot em out of the league if thats there thoughts on A grade.

They had 10, not 6. quit getting so mad

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;373398 said:

Reckon Meredith could probably play in the seconds if they asked the gca so i admire there pluck. Fair to say there in for a torrid day but.

Maybe there shouldn't be outrights in div3, they happen too often. It seems as though teams don't really put any pride in saving an outright, I'm sure they're just not up to it but geez if you have a look at last seasons results it was almost 1 or 2 every week.

I dunno if it would work just having 1st Innings points and that being the end of the match (except finals) , teams could still bat on for percentage if the really wanted to:rolleyes:

Thoughts?

a for effort;373459 said:
They had 10, not 6. quit getting so mad

pretty sure the paper said 6, but it was the addy, so i stand to be corrected if wrong. and who said i was mad, its an opinion.

crktluva;373456 said:

It clearly stated that the Anakie team on the weekend had ten batsmen! For someone who doesn't like the addy you certainly spend a lot of time reading it!

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;373487 said:
Maybe there shouldn't be outrights in div3, they happen too often. It seems as though teams don't really put any pride in saving an outright, I'm sure they're just not up to it but geez if you have a look at last seasons results it was almost 1 or 2 every week.

I dunno if it would work just having 1st Innings points and that being the end of the match (except finals) , teams could still bat on for percentage if the really wanted to:rolleyes:

Thoughts?

Maybe they should make it all a one-day 50/50 competition?
Or maybe they should make the whole GCA a one-day 50/50 competition?
I spent 71 overs on the weeekend watching one bloke make 43 runs, was by far the biggest turn-off to cricket I have ever witnessed. Had a couple mates who came down for a day at the cricket and spent the whole day watching the 3rds because the 1sts was like watching paint dry.

NOTE: and before anyone asks "Why didn't you just get him out?" - well our plan was to keep him in because they couldn't win the game with him at the crease.

thommy_rissole;373562 said:
I spent 71 overs on the weeekend watching one bloke make 43 runs, was by far the biggest turn-off to cricket I have ever witnessed. Had a couple mates who came down for a day at the cricket and spent the whole day watching the 3rds because the 1sts was like watching paint dry.

NOTE: and before anyone asks "Why didn't you just get him out?" - well our plan was to keep him in because they couldn't win the game with him at the crease.

Talking via ones posterior!

AB1;373573 said:
Talking via ones posterior!

Incorrect Bourke, we were happy for that batsmen to occupy the crease. It was by far the most individualist innings I have seen in my short time on a cricket field.

90 runs needed with 7 wickets in hand with 30 overs to go. Was then left up to the tail/non-recognised batsmen to get the job done whilst the set batsmen went at .75 runs an over, blocking delivery after delivery. Painstakingly brutal to watch.

thommy_rissole;373562 said:

thommy_rissole;373576 said:
Incorrect Bourke, we were happy for that batsmen to occupy the crease. It was by far the most individualist innings I have seen in my short time on a cricket field.

90 runs needed with 7 wickets in hand with 30 overs to go. Was then left up to the tail/non-recognised batsmen to get the job done whilst the set batsmen went at .75 runs an over, blocking delivery after delivery. Painstakingly brutal to watch.

I must admit I had a bit of a chuckle TR when I was on my 4th stubbie heading back from Lethbridge to the rooms past Thommy and I seen the game still going:D

thommy_rissole;373576 said:

does he play in their T20 side ??

thommy_rissole;373561 said:
It clearly stated that the Anakie team on the weekend had ten batsmen! For someone who doesn't like the addy you certainly spend a lot of time reading it!

as i said, i stand to be corrected if wrong, which i obviously am. i also stated that the addy cricket section is now pretty bloody good, therefore i now read it, on mondays only.

Cos it was great this Monday hey???? We came within 3 runs of beating the reigning premiers outright, with our SLA geting 5-fer and all they talked about was Spengler chipping a 40 off his a*se and he saved the world! Over it. Had a few. Love Mourilyan and Crime Scene!

AB1;373726 said:
Cos it was great this Monday hey???? We came within 3 runs of beating the reigning premiers outright, with our SLA geting 5-fer and all they talked about was Spengler chipping a 40 off his a*se and he saved the world! Over it. Had a few. Love Mourilyan and Crime Scene!

I agree, Terry Hill needs more love from the GA

thommy_rissole;373770 said:
I agree, Terry Hill needs more love from the GA

Terry Hill will always be living in another SLA'ers shadow down at spring creek reserve, and on so many levels not just confined to the cricket field.... The one, the only, the Tom Aldridge.

Back