Gca Player Movements 2011/2012

Chris Bambury will captain East Belmont in 2011/12. East have also picked up Sean O'Neill from Thomson and David Lineen from Manifold Heights.

Nathan Yates will be returning to lara after a season in Ballarat to take over from Bambury.

Bambury was highly paid at Lara by all reports, upwards of $8,000 wouldn't think he'd be taking a pay cut if East have chased him.

Anderson from BPH is going to Newcomb apparently along with Brad Scown as bowling coach also heard Matt Harrison may be a chance.

Surprised to see O'Neill leave Thomson, Think he played all his junior and Senior cricket there. Any reasoning behind this if true?

Also Miller has stood down as coach of St Albans due to work committments but will continue on as a player. Any news on who will coach?

The whisper for promotion is Highton, not sure how they'll go given Thomson's struggle this season. Thomson apprently down any confirmation on this?

Bambury was highly paid at Lara by all reports, upwards of $8,000 wouldn't think he'd be taking a pay cut if East have chased him.

Anderson from BPH is going to Newcomb apparently along with Brad Scown as bowling coach also heard Matt Harrison may be a chance.

Surprised to see O'Neill leave Thomson, Think he played all his junior and Senior cricket there. Any reasoning behind this if true?

Also Miller has stood down as coach of St Albans due to work committments but will continue on as a player. Any news on who will coach?

The whisper for promotion is Highton, not sure how they'll go given Thomson's struggle this season. Thomson apprently down any confirmation on this?

You would think that Michael Cox or Jason Murray would be candidates for the St Albans position

Exodus at BPH then? Cairns to Geelong too.

Disappointing about Sean, but we'll move on.

Highton go up, they get outrighted every week near enough.

You would think that Michael Cox or Jason Murray would be candidates for the St Albans position

Apprently looking for an outsider to come in and fix the batting troubles, A top order bat. Any news on who they've approached or going to approach?

Any reason behind the O'Neill departsure?

Thomson should be given another year in div1 IMO. Maybe time for Newtown, Leopold or Manifold to drop down.

Highton will not win a game in any grade in div1 FACT.

I think Manifold should go down. Poor ground, poor wicket and have been unable to compete consistently for a while now. City to come back up to Div 1.
From all reports Bambury actually wasn't that well paid at lara, he just got along really well with the boys there and was happy to play on one of the best grounds in geelong every second week. Will be interesting to see how he goes at East, he is yet to make a hundred away from lara.

Apprently looking for an outsider to come in and fix the batting troubles, A top order bat. Any news on who they've approached or going to approach?

Any reason behind the O'Neill departsure?

Thomson should be given another year in div1 IMO. Maybe time for Newtown, Leopold or Manifold to drop down.

Highton will not win a game in any grade in div1 FACT.

Where do St Albans get the cash to have Murray Cox and Miller on their books? it amazes me

Where do St Albans get the cash to have Murray Cox and Miller on their books? it amazes me

Cox went there after Xmas so I doubt he gets paid. I would imagine that like most clubs players you think that would be getting paid don't actually get anything. Miller was the coach so I'd assume he got paid.

The whole salary cap system needs to be reviewed and more than likely scraped all together. At least it will stop all the speculation, clubs should be smart enough to know that short term game doesn't bring long term success. ie. Newcomb fc & Newcomb & District cc

I think I heard something about the BPCA scaping the salary cap and doesn't seemed to of changed anything.

Cox went there after Xmas so I doubt he gets paid. I would imagine that like most clubs players you think that would be getting paid don't actually get anything. Miller was the coach so I'd assume he got paid.

The whole salary cap system needs to be reviewed and more than likely scraped all together. At least it will stop all the speculation, clubs should be smart enough to know that short term game doesn't bring long term success. ie. Newcomb fc & Newcomb & District cc

I think I heard something about the BPCA scaping the salary cap and doesn't seemed to of changed anything.

Im from north and know scowny pretty well.... we heard this rumour heading into the last few games of the year... i highly doubt he'll be going there and more importantly anywhere for that matter.. but only time will tell i guess

All season I've thought/assumed City would be back up to GCA1, but on looking at the numbers, you may well be right about Highton. Promotion and relegation is now based on a 2-year rolling average of assessment points (instead of 3-years last season and 5-years a few seasons back) and City only get the equivalent of 2009/10's 3rd-ranked club in GCA2. Highton might have enough in the bank from that season, and be close enough to City this season, to be ahead? Whether that's in their interest, or that of the GCA1 comp, is another matter, although this time I think they might say yes if chosen.

Same sort of possibility for Thomson to maybe not be demoted. Having just come up from GCA2, they get prior year assessment points of 9th-placed GCA1 club, although they were a fair way last this season in GCA1 club championship. As the GCA has rejigged assessment points a little towards club championship results, these mean more than they did previously. So Thomson most likely to be back in GCA2 I suspect.

All season I've thought/assumed City would be back up to GCA1, but on looking at the numbers, you may well be right about Highton. Promotion and relegation is now based on a 2-year rolling average of assessment points (instead of 3-years last season and 5-years a few seasons back) and City only get the equivalent of 2009/10's 3rd-ranked club in GCA2. Highton might have enough in the bank from that season, and be close enough to City this season, to be ahead? Whether that's in their interest, or that of the GCA1 comp, is another matter, although this time I think they might say yes if chosen.

Same sort of possibility for Thomson to maybe not be demoted. Having just come up from GCA2, they get prior year assessment points of 9th-placed GCA1 club, although they were a fair way last this season in GCA1 club championship. As the GCA has rejigged assessment points a little towards club championship results, these mean more than they did previously. So Thomson most likely to be back in GCA2 I suspect.

Geelong City will be fuming if they are not promoted, I know they expected to come down dominate by winning the flag and return straight back up. Will them losing the GF have a impact on there chances?

Geelong City will be fuming if they are not promoted, I know they expected to come down dominate by winning the flag and return straight back up. Will them losing the GF have a impact on there chances?

None at all. Home-and-away on field results count, but not finals. Realistically, like them or not, they should be the one to go up, but as a prior year relegated club, the system used for points might count against them.

I've heard a little bit of mail getting around that there may be a few Geelong CC players joining local clubs next season. Keep your ears out and posts news when/if it accurs.

Back