Gca Player Movements 2012/2013

The t20 is an opt in competition. Nobody forces anyone to play. I know that a lot of clubs struggle to get close to their top side on the part for the T20.. But if you get pants'd by a Div2 or Div3 club, then you have to wear it. Last year it was Murgheboluc that beat Grovedale.

Not sure anyones been panced in the t20, but do believe no side out of div 1 has won the comp. I think even Grovedale may have won one. Guess those in div 2 and 3 should start taking it less seriously and they might make the final. Directions to little river??

Kosmo, Just drive out of geelong. Once you find a town without electricity, you will be close - If you hit the shitfarm, you have gone too far!
Might be a few easily sledged in the top grades.... rag up pretty easy on here!

Compared to this site last season, it has been an absolute snore!! Surely there is more news than this coming out of GCA!!! Anything? Predictions for GCA 1 flag? Convert this site to an unofficial Facebook page so we can get some real off-field and hopefully on-field banter happening!

play a GCA 1 1sts side against a GCA 3 1sts side in a two day game and you'll get an outright result. you can't use a game suited to across the line sloggers from gca3 as a comparison between the two divisions in level of cricket. god you gca 3 blokes are a bunch of head wobblers
I agree a div one side would beat a div3 side outright in a two day game but disagree with the 20 twenty stance. I think all sides struggle to get full sides in for these games but every one takes it as a hit and giggle game, if you take it seriously you are doing it wrong, the div 3 sides have nothing to loose against an under strength div 1 side in most cases, this shortened version can sometimes bring sides closer together or show the distance between the sides.

I agree a div one side would beat a div3 side outright in a two day game but disagree with the 20 twenty stance. I think all sides struggle to get full sides in for these games but every one takes it as a hit and giggle game, if you take it seriously you are doing it wrong, the div 3 sides have nothing to loose against an under strength div 1 side in most cases, this shortened version can sometimes bring sides closer together or show the distance between the sides.

amen

Grovedale have signed a Kiwi by the name of Brad Patton, has played first class is a left handed batting allrounder who has made first class hundreds, he along with Lucky Stankovic are going to Grovey although I imagine only one can be pro, and Stankovic would need this as Manifold don't have to clear him. Bushy Thompson got the ass as coach from North Geelong and is probably going back to South Barwon. East Belmont and Highton have both got Poms, Easts is Jonny Kettle an opening batsman keeper who played at Thomson a few years ago, and Highton's is a fast bowler don't know any more about him

Grovedale have signed a Kiwi by the name of Brad Patton, has played first class is a left handed batting allrounder who has made first class hundreds, he along with Lucky Stankovic are going to Grovey although I imagine only one can be pro, and Stankovic would need this as Manifold don't have to clear him. Bushy Thompson got the ass as coach from North Geelong and is probably going back to South Barwon. East Belmont and Highton have both got Poms, Easts is Jonny Kettle an opening batsman keeper who played at Thomson a few years ago, and Highton's is a fast bowler don't know any more about him

Is this the right Brad Patton?

Has anyone got any news on player movements as far as the top tier division 2 teams go? St. Albans, Murgheboluc, Thomson? Interesting season coming up.

good rumour that one glad i didnt waste any money
Thought it Was a good rumour at the time, lets face it Manifold & Bell Park are just making up the numbers and only a matter of time for them to fold or merge with someone, but was a bit harsh to include St Peters in it but maybe they could look at it as more of a Take Over,
You know its makes sense as one famous person often says, have some Lamb and ponder.

Does the one import rule still apply under the new points system that is ment to be enforced this season? Will be interesting to see how this effects team selection

Does the one import rule still apply under the new points system that is ment to be enforced this season? Will be interesting to see how this effects team selection

The Kiwi has an australian girlfriend or something along those lines so therefore all 3 internationals can play in the 1 side.. There points will be sky high tho

The Kiwi has an australian girlfriend or something along those lines so therefore all 3 internationals can play in the 1 side.. There points will be sky high tho

I would be sure that the kiwi is not on a working holiday maker visa, so should be right to play. Young has married an Aussie, and i heard that Romaniw is on a student visa like the Waurn Ponds players. By that, I expect that none of the 3 would be classed as overseas players.

I would be sure that the kiwi is not on a working holiday maker visa, so should be right to play. Young has married an Aussie, and i heard that Romaniw is on a student visa like the Waurn Ponds players. By that, I expect that none of the 3 would be classed as overseas players.
The Kiwi will be regarded as an import, I have no doubt. Doesn't matter what sort of visa he has (except a student one). If he plays cricket and his prime residence is not in Australia, he has to be regarded as an imported player.

Back