Gca Player Movements 2012/2013

Reading the local rag and if the storey on South Barwon is accurate they will take a lot of beating it seems the top few sides are improving and the bottom few might drop away a bit, might be some one sided games this season. Interested to see how this points system will work, on the GCA website it says they will release all the club lists of points soon, does anyone know when this will happen?

Reading the local rag and if the storey on South Barwon is accurate they will take a lot of beating it seems the top few sides are improving and the bottom few might drop away a bit, might be some one sided games this season. Interested to see how this points system will work, on the GCA website it says they will release all the club lists of points soon, does anyone know when this will happen?
What did it have to say about South Barwon... care to inform? Ladder prediction for GCA 1:

Geelong West
Grovedale
South Barwon
East Belmont
Newtown
St Josephs
North Geelong
Lara
Bell Post Hill
Leopold
Highton
Geelong City

Also, agreed with what that bloke had to say about powerhouses in GCA 2 about Manifold! They will be lucky to make finals!!!

Interesting to see the addy today say that the new Grovedale recruit Patton will slot into the middle order along with Pearce, Yelland and Kelvin Ford. Surely Ford has had enough, for a strong division 1 club, surely he is just holding them back. Play some youth!!

Interesting to see the addy today say that the new Grovedale recruit Patton will slot into the middle order along with Pearce, Yelland and Kelvin Ford. Surely Ford has had enough, for a strong division 1 club, surely he is just holding them back. Play some youth!!

Surely you pick your best side on form... If Ford is in that then you play him. Give the kids every opportunity, but make them earn it.

Surely you pick your best side on form... If Ford is in that then you play him. Give the kids every opportunity, but make them earn it.

Have to agree! Fordy still keeping on the weird cat... gotta play him if he's in the best 11. Anyone else willing to have a crack at their GCA1 ladder??? Need some input in this thread! Come on lads!!!

Have to agree! Fordy still keeping on the weird cat... gotta play him if he's in the best 11. Anyone else willing to have a crack at their GCA1 ladder??? Need some input in this thread! Come on lads!!!

Geelong West
South Barwon
Grovedale
St Josephs
East Belmont
Lara

Newtown
North Geelong
Leopold
Bell Post Hill
Geelong City
Highton

You know the GCA is in diseray when you've got the leauge President who's the biggest sooking, sledging chirping player out on the ground talking about player behaviour...

Explain to me please if all things are even and two players on seperate occasions push the the limits to borderlining a card,
Player 'A' is the GCA league president having a bit of a yap;
Player 'B' is a player that historically has a 'bad' name with the umpires, Same incident but these are the two player's in question say round 1 this Saturday.
What's the outcome?

Ongoing what is to say that the player 'B' isn't targeted by another GCA 'witch hunt' that are all too common over a long period of time, Player 'B' could find himself rubbed out of final by round two by behaving in the exact same manner as player 'A', who intern has no cards to his name.

How on earth was the punishment of 'No Finals for 3 cards' come about? surely the punishment should just follow the incident? If it's 3 games and you recieve it in round 4 you miss round 5,6 and 7 not held over for 4 months until finals.?
It also shows that the punishment is more severe for 6 of the 12 clubs, what does it matter if the team that finishes 9th can't have their best player for the finals? This association has got no idea on how to run a bloody chook raffle, Dew & McPherson are two oxygen theifs that thank christ can't breed, even though they're clearly up each others preverbial behind.

And while I'm at it, how's the form of that fu<kwit Jason Shields writing about his old man umpiring? He probably left Jason because he had to watch you bat. he left in his car and never came back through embarrassment of you being his son and that being your attempt at being a cricketer and probably the fact you're a sh1t bloke....Wan ker!

Geelong West
South Barwon
Grovedale
St Josephs
East Belmont
Lara

Newtown
North Geelong
Leopold
Bell Post Hill
Geelong City
Highton

Grovedale
Geelong West
East Belmont
St Joey's
South
North

Lara
Newtown
Bell Post Hill
City
Highton
Leoplold

But in all seriousness.....

Grovedale- Geelong West

daylight...........

The Rest.

You know the GCA is in diseray when you've got the leauge President who's the biggest sooking, sledging chirping player out on the ground talking about player behaviour...

Explain to me please if all things are even and two players on seperate occasions push the the limits to borderlining a card,
Player 'B' is a player that historically has a 'bad' name with the umpires, Same incident but these are the two player's in question say round 1 this Saturday.
What's the outcome?

Ongoing what is to say that the player 'B' isn't targeted by another GCA 'witch hunt' that are all too common over a long period of time, Player 'B' could find himself rubbed out of final by round two by behaving in the exact same manner as player 'A', who intern has no cards to his name.

How on earth was the punishment of 'No Finals for 3 cards' come about? surely the punishment should just follow the incident? If it's 3 games and you recieve it in round 4 you miss round 5,6 and 7 not held over for 4 months until finals.?
It also shows that the punishment is more severe for 6 of the 12 clubs, what does it matter if the team that finishes 9th can't have their best player for the finals? This association has got no idea on how to run a bloody chook raffle, Dew & McPherson are two oxygen theifs that thank christ can't breed, even though they're clearly up each others preverbial behind.

And while I'm at it, how's the form of that fu<kwit Jason Shields writing about his old man umpiring? He probably left Jason because he had to watch you bat. he left in his car and never came back through embarrassment of you being his son and that being your attempt at being a cricketer and probably the fact you're a sh1t bloke....Wan ker!

I think you are a bit harsh, have you had a bad day or something, you sound as though you have anger management issues and maybe you are one of the players that they are trying to stamp out of the game LOL

My DIV 1 Ladder

South Barwon
Geelong West
Grovedale
Newtown (Big Improver)
St Josephs
East Belmont

Lara
Leopold
North Geelong
BPH
City
Highton

What's the outcome?

Take a step back from any wrongdoings in the past and you'll see that the league needs to introduce something like this in order to recruit umpires. Numbers keep dropping away from season to season and player behaviour is a big part of it. How do you think we would go with no umpires? Well with only 28 left, there is every chance that within a couple of years we could be faced with that very problem. I think you need to turn your thinking around. Whether it was you that got pinged, or one of your mates, I think we all need to pull our heads in a bit and get on with the game. Every club is guilty, not just those or those individuals that have been guilty in the past. Cricket umpires have basically been helpless to do anything about bad behaviour. At least in football you can award free kicks, 50m penalties or order blokes off. The last junior game I umpired, I was abused for calling a couple of wides by a group of Under 17s. Safe to say, I wasn't rushing out there to do the job again. I'm sure that the process will be tweaked a little bit but I for one applaud what they're trying to do.

Chinese year of the Dragon, must be a big one for Bell Park. :S

Grovedale/West/South/East will compete for GCA 1

Thomson/Newcomb/StAlbans/Murgheboluc for GCA 2

And......... not that anybody really cares for GCA 3 but i keep reading that Little River are going to have a big year.

Chinese year of the Dragon, must be a big one for Bell Park. :S

Grovedale/West/South/East will compete for GCA 1

Thomson/Newcomb/StAlbans/Murgheboluc for GCA 2

And......... not that anybody really cares for GCA 3 but i keep reading that Little River are going to have a big year.

south barwon have to be over the points system?
clinton place - 6
clinton peak - 7
joel davies - 7
english kid "gun" - 10
phil halbish - 9
6 other players grown from the club - 12
51 pts
Looks like clinton place might be the weak link here...

Take a step back from any wrongdoings in the past and you'll see that the league needs to introduce something like this in order to recruit umpires. Numbers keep dropping away from season to season and player behaviour is a big part of it. How do you think we would go with no umpires? Well with only 28 left, there is every chance that within a couple of years we could be faced with that very problem. I think you need to turn your thinking around. Whether it was you that got pinged, or one of your mates, I think we all need to pull our heads in a bit and get on with the game. Every club is guilty, not just those or those individuals that have been guilty in the past. Cricket umpires have basically been helpless to do anything about bad behaviour. At least in football you can award free kicks, 50m penalties or order blokes off. The last junior game I umpired, I was abused for calling a couple of wides by a group of Under 17s. Safe to say, I wasn't rushing out there to do the job again. I'm sure that the process will be tweaked a little bit but I for one applaud what they're trying to do.

How many players have been named in the past 2 years? No many. How many umpires have withdrawn reports because a player apologised after the game? Quite a few... The umpires are their own worse enemy. They had the power to call the captain as soon as there was a little over the top banter and say that enough is enough and as soon as anyone steps over the line they will be named... Never happened. The only advantage of the cards over the naming is that they cannot take their decision back. Once carded, you are carded. There is no taking it back.

I hope it makes a difference, but the umpires need to use the tools they have to pull the behaviour into line.

As far as the players go, pull your head in, play cricket, and do not over step the mark. You play in the spirit of the game, and you will play cricket all year, whether you are Grant Dew, or the player with the worst rep in the league.

As far as abusing the guys who volunteer their time to run the league, put your hand up, sit on management and make a difference. There were 2 free spots on Management last year, nobody wants to do it, but everyone was happy to stand back and throw stones....

south barwon have to be over the points system?
clinton place - 6
clinton peak - 7
joel davies - 7
english kid "gun" - 10
phil halbish - 9
6 other players grown from the club - 12
51 pts
Looks like clinton place might be the weak link here...

Time to read the regulations
Peake - SB junior - 50% value before loyalty points (max 4 point value)
Davies - SB Junior - 50% value before loyalty points (max 4 point value)

I think the other ratings are a bit high. Halbish would not be a 10 point starting value.

Time to read the regulations
Peake - SB junior - 50% value before loyalty points (max 4 point value)
Davies - SB Junior - 50% value before loyalty points (max 4 point value)

I think the other ratings are a bit high. Halbish would not be a 10 point starting value.

Have just seen them in the paper during smoke, agree with those two... Halbish started at 10 so now a 9.
Place and spence played 1s elsewhere so would they be 6?
Think they will end up just inside 48

Have just seen them in the paper during smoke, agree with those two... Halbish started at 10 so now a 9.
Place and spence played 1s elsewhere so would they be 6?
Think they will end up just inside 48
Thanks for clearing that up for us, I thought we had a problem !! -;-)

Back