Gca Player Movements 2014/2015

So it's still only early but if you have any fact, rumours of players heading anywhere please feel free to get the ball rolling

From what I've heard,
Sean O'Neill back to Thomson
James Menzies Leopold to Thomson
Jeremy Babb South Barwon to Thomson.

Gareth Haeberle to coach St Albans
(Does anyone know who he is?)
Sean Braniff Ocean Grove to St Albans
Damien Biemens Wallington to St Albans.

Clinton Ford to coach Newcomb again.
Kelvin Ford Grovedale to Newcomb.

Simon Anderson to coach BPH

From what I've heard,

Thomson to be strong if correct!!!

Brad Scown coaching Lara Cats
Phil Lang to South to coach
Rod Kiddle coaching newtown

From what I've heard,

Haeberle used to play at Torquay and Grovedale from memory. An odd bloke but he could hold a bat.

From what I've heard,

Thomson with all those players?.. Surely would be over their points cap

Kelvin won't leave grovedale

Simon Anderson to BPH?? Haaaahaaa

Stalbans going to struggle this season Sean brian if might knock some sense in to the fat man in slips

Thomson with all those players?.. Surely would be over their points cap

Kelvin won't leave grovedale

Simon Anderson to BPH?? Haaaahaaa

Stalbans going to struggle this season Sean brian if might knock some sense in to the fat man in slips

The cap is the biggest waste of time in the rules.

I'm not sure St Albans will struggle, going by the Facebook page they have;

Gareth Haeberle coaching
Glenn Skrobalak assist coach
Sam Farnsworth also recruited as well as Hester, Jones, Murray, Miller and Cox all going around again they look like being okay again.

Anderson got sacked from his coaching role at Geelong.

I hear AT have lost a few from their best XI from last year and haven't added anyone of note.

Slater from Torquay to West.

Haeberle used to play at Torquay and Grovedale from memory. An odd bloke but he could hold a bat.

Gee Thomson will improve there team but the playing IQ will drop badly, Dewy will have his work cut out trying to get into there heads. LOL

Bambury from Lara back to East Belmont
Newtown to lose lots Thomas (Coach) & Foss to St joeys, Alford to North Geelong, Simpson, Ferguson, Wood all not there also and Fairchild & Harrison to Geelong, good get in Carson from Geelong though.
Aaron Randal to City from Leopold
Hodgson from Geelong to St Joeys also,
I think Leopold have the Sri Lankan that played at Murgy a couple of years ago.

Regards Rubbish

Gee Thomson will improve there team but the playing IQ will drop badly, Dewy will have his work cut out trying to get into there heads. LOL

Newtown to lose lots Thomas (Coach) & Foss to St joeys, Alford to North Geelong, Simpson, Ferguson, Wood all not there also and Fairchild & Harrison to Geelong, good get in Carson from Geelong though.

Regards Rubbish

If you were referring to the IQ of Haeberle I think you'll find the post was about him being at St Albans not Thomson.
(Interesting point about them not being very smart when in fact you refer to 'Dewy getting into there heads' instead of 'their heads' anyway back to the cricket.

Carson will be a great get for Newtown but will be flying his own flag by the looks.

St Joeys team to beat again, very good cricket brain Bryan Thomas has.
City will be hoping to retain Oliver or relegation will be on the cards, BPH also need to recruit a few.

Look out for Murghey to fall from grace this season.

Last edited:
If you were referring to the IQ of Haeberle I think you'll find the post was about him being at St Albans not Thomson.
(Interesting point about them not being very smart when in fact you refer to 'Dewy getting into there heads' instead of 'their heads' anyway back to the cricket.

Carson will be a great get for Newtown but will be flying his own flag by the looks.

St Joeys team to beat again, very good cricket brain Bryan Thomas has.
City will be hoping to retain Oliver or relegation will be on the cards, BPH also need to recruit a few.

Look out for Murghey to fall from grace this season.

NAH not referring to Haeberle (his nickname was Nudge years gone by when he was at Grovey) he was a handy player but must be in his mid 40s now, he also captained Geelong 3rds for a year or two, he's a good fellow.

I was referring to Menzies, Babb & O'Neill all good players but Dewy will have to have a major in phycology to help him.
My top 4 Div 1: North, St Joeys, South Barwon & East Belmont if they get Bambury

Regards Rubbish

Scannell to Geelong

Are Newtown losing all of those players? That sounds like an awful lot of players to leave the club at once. Where are they all going?

Sam Carr not playing at South Barwon next season

Ok so here's the latest in division 2
St. Albans picking up a few
Skrobs, S farnsworth, Some washed up surfer dude, a bloke who loves to shop at degrandis Thomson picking up a few two and there my prediction to do well next season. AT having a massive exodus, modda trying to recruit players to play in there green top but no success, Newcomb apparently gaining a giant killer bowler from South Africa Corbin Bosch, but apparently losing a hobbit to the land of mordor in Corio bay! St. Peter's losing a few key players too, and Rhys Bourke thinking of hanging up the whites for a gay modeling career. That's all for now, I'm heading back to the tree tops to look out for more true facts

Ok so here's the latest in division 2
St. Albans picking up a few
Skrobs, S farnsworth, Some washed up surfer dude, a bloke who loves to shop at degrandis Thomson picking up a few two and there my prediction to do well next season. AT having a massive exodus, modda trying to recruit players to play in there green top but no success, Newcomb apparently gaining a giant killer bowler from South Africa Corbin Bosch, but apparently losing a hobbit to the land of mordor in Corio bay! St. Peter's losing a few key players too, and Rhys Bourke thinking of hanging up the whites for a gay modeling career. That's all for now, I'm heading back to the tree tops to look out for more true facts

I was at the Thomson fc draw tonight and apparently there will be no Babb or O'Neill with both choosing to stay put.

The Newcomb rumour sounds a bit suss with him being an u/19 South African player and first class prospect overthere, with their season aligned with our summer hard to see why he would come over to play local cricket.

The rest of your post about who is leaving is a riddle to me.

Ben Knight apparently signed with East Belmont, any news on murgeboluc, grovedale, waurn ponds or highton?
We made a strong play for Oliver (city pom) to coach next season. Felt as though we got real close to getting him but couldn't get it over the line. We haven't spoken to him in a few weeks but he was gonna coach city next year.

If Oliver succeeds in gaining a county contract he may not come back at all, apparently Jake Ibbs has crossed to Modewarre and Matt Kennedy is likely to be playing for South Barwon along with Lang

If Oliver succeeds in gaining a county contract he may not come back at all, apparently Jake Ibbs has crossed to Modewarre and Matt Kennedy is likely to be playing for South Barwon along with Lang

Thats what we were thinking with Oliver, might have played his last GCA game. Matt Kennedy the guy that played for Newtown a few years back? Where was he last year... Not much chop from memory

Gee if Oliver doesn't play city will struggle to score 150 most weeks made 2/3 of there runs! What's a bloke like Menzies thinking not playing at the top level with his ability last I heard he was geelong bound taking Reeds spot haha...... Thompson must have found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow

Gee if Oliver doesn't play city will struggle to score 150 most weeks made 2/3 of there runs! What's a bloke like Menzies thinking not playing at the top level with his ability last I heard he was geelong bound taking Reeds spot haha...... Thompson must have found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
I also heard that Menzies is playing at Geelong, anyone no where Kirk is playing this season?

Back