Geelong Player Movements 2010

Re: Geelong Player Movements 2010

Look here;405853 said:
Can't resist posting this. This was the "reason" on a clearance application we just received (and no, it wasn't Bisso's) -

(Player) has a number of holistic reasons for choosing to play with (Club) CC. (Player) has reached a stage that he feels both his personal and cricket development would benefit from a change of environment. He believes the new coaching and cricket department structures at (Club) CC provide him the perfect environment to learn more and continue to develop his cricket education in a direct attempt to gain better results on and off field. Having brief exposure to the new coaching direction at (Club), (Player) has already recognised areas of improvement as well as developing a clear path to learning more about himself as a cricketer and a person. As well as improving as a cricketer, (Player)'s partner has a strong family connection with (Club) CC. (Player) and his partner believe this family involvement will provide the opportunity for personal growth and harmony as well as giving both of them the opportunity to build their own long term relationship with the club.

It's...er...different to what I've been used to over the years.

Thats not bad, i recon he might just get his wish on that evidence:D

Look here;405853 said:
Can't resist posting this. This was the "reason" on a clearance application we just received (and no, it wasn't Bisso's) -

(Player) has a number of holistic reasons for choosing to play with (Club) CC. (Player) has reached a stage that he feels both his personal and cricket development would benefit from a change of environment. He believes the new coaching and cricket department structures at (Club) CC provide him the perfect environment to learn more and continue to develop his cricket education in a direct attempt to gain better results on and off field. Having brief exposure to the new coaching direction at (Club), (Player) has already recognised areas of improvement as well as developing a clear path to learning more about himself as a cricketer and a person. As well as improving as a cricketer, (Player)'s partner has a strong family connection with (Club) CC. (Player) and his partner believe this family involvement will provide the opportunity for personal growth and harmony as well as giving both of them the opportunity to build their own long term relationship with the club.

It's...er...different to what I've been used to over the years.

If it wasn't Bisso's and also seeing as though Murghe only have one other name on the clearance sheet, I did the math..... Highton must have quite the linguist amongst their ranks.

Do Meredith have a nickname? If they don't, may I suggest some nice alliteration and go with the Mercenaries...

On a side note, couple decent players on the move to Manno & Grovedale.

cheer_cheer;402810 said:
I am starting to feel a whole lot better about myself with the ever growing list of this exclusive club growing by the day. And right or wrong all these dismissals are down in some scorebook somewhere. Might have to kick off a reunion some day.

Unfortunatley i am part of that club. No respect shown were it should have been shown. :eek:
If there is a reunion i ain't turning up. Imagine the smile of the prez's face as you walk in the door, no thanks Daz. That party unfortunatley you will be having by yourself with your scorebooks and Hornet . . . :D:D:D

Heard on the old grape vine again that Newtown have picked up 8 new players, no names have been thrown up and no clearances put in as yet. Any clues?

thommy_rissole;405880 said:
Do Meredith have a nickname? If they don't, may I suggest some nice alliteration and go with the Mercenaries...

I like it tommy, but i think Moddawarre might have locked that one away over the years!:D Maybe the Meredith Bankers?
I smell a rat, or a big cheque book! Meredith haven't had a decent player since, well forever! now they have a team full! Must be just a great club i guess?:rolleyes:

Have heard that a few of the newtown recruits are younger blokes that have been at geelong in the 2nds and 3rds....

bphpanther;406096 said:
Have heard that a few of the newtown recruits are younger blokes that have been at geelong in the 2nds and 3rds....
going by the clearence sheet peter lynch has gone to newtown.. he played at north as a junior, before going down to geelong to play 2s and 3s and then had an accident and injured his leg.. i think he then played half a season at mano before pulling the pin and then mucking around out at shelford... back then he was a good fast bowler and a handy lower order bat as well.. i no hes mates with brian thomas so thats obviously why he made the move, interesting to see how he goes after his time off

I see Matt Slater from Torquay has been granted a clearnce to thomson and also word going around Justin Maher heading there as well. Two quality youngsters, any more recruits to thomspon you can tell us about Rissole?

one_short;407347 said:
I see Matt Slater from Torquay has been granted a clearnce to thomson and also word going around Justin Maher heading there as well. Two quality youngsters, any more recruits to thomspon you can tell us about Rissole?

will we see a spinning track produced at Godfrey Street now ? Slater, Maher, Salts and Rissole !!

whatdoumeanwashe;405754 said:
And the award for the most cashed up Div 3 club for season 2010/11 goes to Merideth!! lol

Anybody seen the clearance list on the GCA site? it's mostly players going to Merideth, must be something good over there.:D

$$$$$$$$$

one_short;407347 said:

Yep, Matt got his a couple weeks back and Justin's clearance came through today. A lot of clubs had spoken to him or tried to speak to him, so it was good that he decided to come and play with us.

As for some other recruits, there are still a couple in the pipeline but it is hard to sway some from their current clubs. Still very hopeful on a couple of young bowlers.

cheer_cheer;407352 said:
will we see a spinning track produced at Godfrey Street now ? Slater, Maher, Salts and Rissole !!

Rissole retired a long time ago :p

We should however get through our overs pretty quick this season, which is a huge bonus for those of us who don't enjoy 85 overs in the field.

thommy_rissole;407693 said:
Yep, Matt got his a couple weeks back and Justin's clearance came through today. A lot of clubs had spoken to him or tried to speak to him, so it was good that he decided to come and play with us.

As for some other recruits, there are still a couple in the pipeline but it is hard to sway some from their current clubs. Still very hopeful on a couple of young bowlers.[/QUOTE]

would one happen to be a divi 2 player from last year? marshall perhaps. who asks clubs for more than hes worth?

ants14;407699 said:
thommy_rissole;407693 said:

As for some other recruits, there are still a couple in the pipeline but it is hard to sway some from their current clubs. Still very hopeful on a couple of young bowlers.[/QUOTE]

would one happen to be a divi 2 player from last year? marshall perhaps. who asks clubs for more than hes worth?

if that's the case hasn't he only been at Marshall for one season and would not need to be cleared ?

thommy_rissole;407694 said:
Rissole retired a long time ago :p

We should however get through our overs pretty quick this season, which is a huge bonus for those of us who don't enjoy 85 overs in the field.

The residents on godfrey street breathe a sigh of relief at that statement... there front windows are now safe :p

East Belmont are getting back their old Pom Linekar (I think spelling) which will be a handy pick up !

cheer_cheer;407721 said:
ants14;407699 said:
if that's the case hasn't he only been at Marshall for one season and would not need to be cleared ?

stalbans has been told they can use the 25 game rule but if we were to enforce it we would b exploiting the loophole and it wouldnt go down well in the wider cricket community. maybe the pennant commitee need to update there rules if they dont want clubs to use the rules that r in place..

bphpanther;406096 said:

I see Alex Hickey and Riley Ferguson have left Murghe for Newtown. Two very good pick-ups for them there. Very good young cricketers who I believed were in Rockets' squads last year. What's the go there 'Look Here'? Seems odd considering Murghe is up and about and has just installed turf. Purely a Div 1 thing?

Renny24;408256 said:
I see Alex Hickey and Riley Ferguson have left Murghe for Newtown. Two very good pick-ups for them there. Very good young cricketers who I believed were in Rockets' squads last year. What's the go there 'Look Here'? Seems odd considering Murghe is up and about and has just installed turf. Purely a Div 1 thing?

Close relationship with Bryan Thomas from Rockets squads over the years, and I'd say Thommo has been busy with the phone ringing a few ex-Rockets he's been associated with over the years. I didn't expect them to be long-term seniors with us, but thought they'd go to Geelong rather than GCA1. Disappointed, but that's the way the system works I guess. Remains to be seen whether they go with footy or cricket as both are pretty handy at footy also, so I am told.

Back