Getting Fit

Re: Getting Fit

guys there fuking shoes man
volleys arnt what ppl would reccomend to wear in cricket but who cares if someone wants to wear em let em
and it doesnt make u bogan if u wear them so go blow ur nose and stop winging and fighting and get bak on topic!

fitness for a medium pacer??
would running around the block every night be enough to get fit to charge in as a medium pacer for long spells?
is ther something else i can do?

kizza said:
guys there fuking shoes man
volleys arnt what ppl would reccomend to wear in cricket but who cares if someone wants to wear em let em
and it doesnt make u bogan if u wear them so go blow ur nose and stop winging and fighting and get bak on topic!

Geez dude.

I didn't say if you wear volleys you're a bogan, I said that because James wear runners to school he came from a bogan area, just because things are more relaxed than most places, where I'm used to you wear school shoes, even in poor public schools, it's just usual. I meant it as a joke nothing said there was in any real intension and I don't know James' area, and just because of 1 thing doesn't make you a bogan (Unless your names Macca and you go out with a girl called Shazza :p), I hope James took it as a joke, because I didn't say anything there in an angry way, I meant it all as a joke, sorry if you guys didn't. Everyone wears volleys, and I know a lot of people who wear them and aren't bogans, that wasn't the point of my joke.

Anyway, back on topic.

Kizza, umm I believe say cross country training if you want to bowl long spells, but the thingo Liz posted in another thread, the Jog then Run, Jog then Run thingo.

4 mins jog;
3 mins steady run;
2 mins jog;
3 mins steady (to include 1 x 50m fast burst every 30 secs);
2 mins jog;
3 mins steady ( to include 1 x 20m sprint every 30 secs)'
2 mins jog;
2 mins fast;
4 mins jog.

There you go, that's what Liz posted.

Because I hope you do more than job in...

Dude, i was always taking it as a joke. It certainly had me laughing, as this emoticon will suggest: :laugh:

And as i think either David or Liz has said before, jogging isnt terribly effective because its not specific enough. Doing something like interval sprints is better than jogging around the block, and that 'Jog, Run, Jog' thing looks good enough as well.

Oh and btw Jonesy, you are right about my area, as bogan as they come im afraid :p

kizza said:
fitness for a medium pacer??
would running around the block every night be enough to get fit to charge in as a medium pacer for long spells?
is ther something else i can do?

Interval sprints would be far better. Simply do your run up with a jump at the end, but do not actually do a bowling action. Walk back as the recovery. Do this six times. Take a minute rest and repeat. Do this for five overs. When you think you can, move on to six overs...etc

This is cricket specific training since you are actually training your body to bowl overs. Running around the block is not functional, because it does not take into account walking back to your mark as recovery, over gaps or the greater speed at which you'd run in at.

Back