Group B World Cup

India have impressed me this world cup, they have bounced back very strong since their loses in the test series vs Australia and in their tri series. I still very much think they have a solid chance to win this world cup. South Africa have been good this world cup and with Ab in the form that he has been in recently they should go deep into this tournament. Pakistan have performed pretty well throughout the tournament they got a nice win over South Africa, all they need is for Afridi to start getting some wickets and they will be all that bit stronger. Ireland have played well to get into the pos they are in, if they can beat Pakistan tomorrow it would put them in third pos which would be a good result for them.

India have impressed me this world cup, they have bounced back very strong since their loses in the test series vs Australia and in their tri series. I still very much think they have a solid chance to win this world cup. South Africa have been good this world cup and with Ab in the form that he has been in recently they should go deep into this tournament. Pakistan have performed pretty well throughout the tournament they got a nice win over South Africa, all they need is for Afridi to start getting some wickets and they will be all that bit stronger. Ireland have played well to get into the pos they are in, if they can beat Pakistan tomorrow it would put them in third pos which would be a good result for them.

Ireland and Afghanistan have impressed with there performances and have shown the whole idea of excluding the minnows is as short sighted as the decision to let the big three run things. Without question this is between four - Aust, India, NZ and SA. It will all come down to the semi's.

Decent platform to build on, they will need at least 300 on this pitch with their very ordinary bowling attack.

Ireland 4 for 134 after 30 overs, need to consolidate a bit here and have wickets in hand for the final 10.

Pakistan 0 for 28 off 7 overs, Ireland have kept it tight but they really need some early wickets to trouble Pakistan only having 230 to defend.

Back