Having Problem With Chucking

macaroon9

sC Player of the Month - July '08
Having Problem With Chucking

I am having problems with my chucking what can i do so that i can prevent that?
I would be happy if i could get some tips

Re: Having Problem With Chucking

Posting a video would make it a lot easier. The arm bending in your action is not really something you can help 'long-range' - maybe asking your coach at school/club would be a good idea.

The only thing I can think of would be to windmill your arms around, making sure they are straight, then carry that on into your action. That would take a lot of time though.

should i post it with the ball or without the ball because i have shooted a video but i have not used a ball there

Any video would be helpful, so if you have one post it, but with a ball generally gives a more accurate picture of the bowling action.

I did it exactly as i do it with the ball so it wont matter i think

Hi macaroon9, it does not matter whether you have a ball or not; the action will be the same.

It does sound as if you need to get back to basics and bowling from base in front of a mirror.

I am assuming that you have no problem with the other components of your action. In which case, assume your base and go through the arm action slowly in front of the mirror [without a ball]. You need to concentrate on keeping your arm straight.

When you see this happening, you can increase your pace gradually, stopping if you find the arm bending, or the wrist taking on too much responsibility.

When you can bowl at significant pace with a straight arm, include a ball and then progress to include your run up.

Do not move on to the next step until you are happy that everything is going well.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZe4wXx3JvU"]YouTube - My bowling problem[/ame]

You have quite an open action here. I would love to see a video of your full body, including feet, from front on.

As far as the chucking is concerned, you have a good wrist action but you do need to control the elbow a bit.

Follow the advice above but use your non bowling hand to hold the bowling forearm keeping the elbow straight.

As Jelly Beanz suggests, windmill your arms [as a warm up] before you practise bowling. Not only will this mobilise the muscles before use but is should 'teach' you arms to remain straight.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeLwBjME3h8"]YouTube - Problems[/ame]
this is another vid in which u can see my feet but sorry for bad light

OK, basically, this is a good front on action.

You need to try and keep your torso more upright.

As for the chucking... you hesitate half way through the action. Try and work on getting this more smooth; a continuous movement. After the hesitation, you tend to lead with the elbow.

Practice windmilling your arms around keeping them straight, leading with the wrist, not the elbow.

thank you so so much i will try it and tell what will be the results

ya i kept it straight today and with that now i am going to increase my pace so that i bowl straight and with pace

I think Liz picked up on the fact that you do seem to hesitate in your action a little - that is one reason for the throw as it makes the action a little jerky.

One way is to think tall, and imagine that when you're bowling every thing is shooting straight upwards and that your body is big and tall.

Thanks to all for their advices as i said that i kept it straight but i have to increase my pace as i keep it straight

Back